05 to 09 coyote generation 2 swap! Guide and help tips

Discussion in 'Hardcore Tech=*MOTOR SWAPS*' started by Jamie A, Mar 26, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Dino Dino Bambino

Dino Dino Bambino I have a red car

Here are a couple of videos describing an ongoing Gen 1 Coyote swap into a 3V GT:

Watch that space 'cause there'll be more.

GotVic likes this.
  2. Fabman

Fabman Children Of The Corn

Part 3

3. Fabman

Lay it on me...

4. Greg D

Greg D Junior Member

Did you get my reply from another forum? If not, here it is again...

Attached Files:

5. Fabman

Yes, thank you. I'm still looking for the ABS information. I am getting conflicting information.
    I asked Tony Gonyan of Tuners Inc. and he said he didn't know of any way to make it work with a control pack...that kinna let the wind outta my sails.

6. Dino Dino Bambino

Several people have completed Coyote swaps into 3V Mustangs and this has me wondering. Has anyone taken a different approach by rebuilding a salvage '11-'14 GT with front & rear body panels from an '05-'09?

7. Juice

Juice forum member

There are 3 components you have to make work together. EPAS, PCM, ABS. Since you did Gen2 control pack, it is not going to be easy to make it work with the ABS. (I'm not sure if even Gen1 pcm would be able to communicate with ABS)
    The issue is from what I understand is network addressing and/or communication protocols being different between the 05-09 and Gen 2.

I really would like to find out for sure myself. As even with Gen1 swap some things do not work on mine.
    PCM to cluster communication is one way only on mine. Cluster reads PCM signals over the can bus, but the PCM is not registering information the cluster is sending. (Odometer, fuel level) But this does not affect anything or throw a light of some type. I think you would need to do some can bus "sniffing" and capturing packets to see which module is sending what info where.

8. Fabman

I keep hearing that the ABS can be used as a stand alone unit but so far I haven't had enough detail on how exactly to do it.

9. Juice

Juice forum member

All I can tell you is I have a U-code now in my EPAS and PCM, as my car does not have ABS. I never had any U codes till I added EPAS, which tells me that the code is coming from the EPAS but the PCM is also reporting it. So I have ZERO experience with 05&up ABS.
    The only stand alone ABS I have ever seen were fox body guys retrofitting SN95 ABS units. But that is truely a stand alone system, much simpler and only 3 channel.

Fabman likes this.
  10. race4food

race4food forum member

the issue with that is the main chassis will look funny because of the body lines. The rear quarters are flared different and the pinch line on the doors to the back look a bit different. This is one reason I went with my swap is I love the 07-09 GT 500 but didn't want a blower on a road course.

11. Tony Jestis

Tony Jestis Junior Member

Have a Coyote swap planned for my ‘09. Originally, I was going to supercharge my 4.6L. Then a friend turned me on to the Coyote. I did some research and talked to a few folks I met from Ford -Dearborn and made an amazing discovery. What an incredible engine! If you tune it for a truck, it’s a truck engine. If you tune it for a Mustang, it goes racing. It’s the most versatile engine Ford has built since the Flathead in 1934.

12. eighty6gt

eighty6gt forum member

It has the flathead firing order

and round and round we go ;)

13. Dino Dino Bambino

The 3V is a very good engine with a lot of potential, but the Coyote is in another league and is truly world class. Indeed it compares very favouribly with the best British, German, Italian, and Japanese supercar V8 engines. The Gen 3, in particular, is an absolute masterpiece.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.