2006 GT on3 turbo going lean under boost

RED09GT

Equal Opportunity Offender
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
So i got bbk fuel rails will the lines need an adapter?
Not familiar with the BBK rails but you will probably need a fitting, you can probably use a male/male fitting with -8an on one side and whatever size screws into the fuel rail on the other side.
With the stock rails, I used a fragola -8 adapter that I got from Summit racing.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
As mentioned stock line ID for hardline is 5/16. And the soft line transition section like at hat outlet filter inlet/outlet are 3/8 sae connections. But your not actually getting that complete flow capability either since at the pump outlet there is a pprv and inside the ball valve seat it has 1/8" passage. Then on the other side of the line at the the rail connection the spring lock fitting has a 1/4" ID. Definitely leaves a lot of room for improvement. Removing these restrictions even on a bone stock car will show a drop in pump duty cycle. So when you remove them on a built system with 2x-3x the flow the gains are much better.

Waakeeen

Reaction score
Just wanted to write a quick update and give a shout out to Jeremy! I don't have much experience wit fuel systems however I was able to get the kit installed and Jeremy was there to answer all my questions! I was hesitant at first but hands down I can say this kit is a must have when working on your build! Can't say enough this forum is awesome! Thanks everyone!

Reaction score
Here are some pics showing some of these restrictions in the OEM system. Inside of the pprv, oem rail connection line size etc.

What purpose does that piece serve and is it safe to remove from the factory fuel pump assembly? I have aftermarket fuel rails already and I'm switching over to the S&H Performance fuel line/filter upgrade kit in about one month.

Last edited:

RED09GT

Equal Opportunity Offender
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
It prevents fuel system pressure from draining back to the tank. You may need to hold the key and let the fuel system prime before starting the car at times.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back