2011+ Mirrors on 05-09, what about 13+ Puddle Lights?

Macman45

Resident Geriatric
Reaction score
Looking to do the swap and remove the truck mirrors from my 09 that alot have people have done, specifically wondering about adding late-model S197 mirrors that feature the Mustang puddle lamp, I believe on 2013-2014 models. Will that work? Any idea on wiring changes needed, extra leads etc? Thanks

P.S. I am aware of the extra hole needed to physically mount, this is a wiring question if anyone has done the Puddle lamp Ford editions.

mrt2you

forum member
Reaction score
i did the conversion WITHOUT puddle lights.
as stated you have to drill a extra hole. you also have to enlarge another one.
i haven't herd about anyone doing it with lights. i am sure it's possible. you would probably have to wire them to your dome light with the opera feature to keep them lit for a short time after closing the door.
i would suggest checking the later models wiring diagrams to see how they power the light, them duplicating it in the older.

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
Check Raxiom's website. They sell their version of them and can tell you how to do it. There is no tech manual set on the site I can find for the 13 GT which to my knowledge was the first year for this option as I recall. If they were on the 11 I was unable to find them in the current wiring diagram on line.

I had them on my 2013 GT and had no idea they were even there for over a month. Came out to take the car somewhere after dusk one evening and when I pressed the remote to unlock the doors this freaky white light shaped like a horse appeared on the ground. I thought Benny Hinn had come out of retirement and performed some kind of "blessing" and/or "healing" on the car without my knowledge. LOL!

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Within a month of buying my car the driver's side light got water spots in it or something and the horse was all distorted. I thought the whole idea was silly and ended up unplugging the bulbs on both sides. Just another non functional gimmick to remind me of how much better I liked my Bullitt.

Macman45

Resident Geriatric
Reaction score
Within a month of buying my car the driver's side light got water spots in it or something and the horse was all distorted. I thought the whole idea was silly and ended up unplugging the bulbs on both sides. Just another non functional gimmick to remind me of how much better I liked my Bullitt.

You've convinced me lol. Found a sweet deal on 2011's with the correct Ebony black cover. F the lights just gimme the non truck mirrors.
Thanks all!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back