2011 shifter from mgw close to completion...some specs and info>>

fastandcurious

Reaction score
For those of you with a backup camera, did you have to do anything different when installing? Not sure if there's any mechanism or extra cables I need to worry about. Thanks.

kystang615

forum member
Reaction score
Heat shield??? Do i need the heat shield?? I need to pay for this sucka :)

Kenaizer

forum member
Reaction score
I got my call Monday but sadly had to postpone purchasing. My eyes started rejecting my contacts so my money is going toward Lasik for the time being. But anyway.. there should be a spot on the list in case anyone wanted one but was discouraged to call.

Reaction score
yes get the heat shield ! ive been waiting for it for almost 2 months , it will help with noise and keep those exhaust temps away from the shifter . so far i have 2280 miles on my shifter and zero complaints. i hope george will chime in on the redline mtl vs. royal purple test that they were conducting !!!!!!!

Eel Mit

forum member
Reaction score
We tested one of the early prototypes from MGW on Tracy's Boss and are thoroughly impressed. We won't recommend any other brand of shifter for these cars (and yes, we have tried other shifters).

-Tim

SoCal81

Reaction score
On the MGW page for the shifter it says 'race/track add ons available'. Anyone know what those are?

BlackMamba03

forum member
Reaction score
here is another really cool optional accessory we will have for our shifter!!!!

this is a high temp heat / sound shield designed for the boss 302 mustang and racing applications where VERY high track and engine temps as well as stright pip[e exhaust systems can put a tremendous amount of heat in the shifter box area.

this is a punch formed stainless shroud that extends for and aft of the shift box and seals the left and right side. the backing is 1/4 inch thick pyrogel pad that is a ceramic based heat barrier . it works awesome and is water proof.

i will not be including this in the base price of the shifter because frankly it is not NEEDED but damned if it wont make the shifter even quieter and cooler and i think the price will come in well under 10 bucks!!!:beer:

Hey George. This might be a dumb question and maybe I'm just not realizing but what is that tube looking thing on the side of the shifter housing? Also, final pricing on the stamped heat sheild?

MGW

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Hey George. This might be a dumb question and maybe I'm just not realizing but what is that tube looking thing on the side of the shifter housing? Also, final pricing on the stamped heat sheild?

the heat shield is 25 for the kit,. over TWICE my initial estimate. :hammer:

but mainly because i chose to make the shield twice as BIG as i originally wanted to cover the whole backside of the shifter!! it actually seaLS THE BACKEND COMPLETELY!!

not sure what you mean by tube looking thing. but maybe you are seeing the reverse lockout stianless post on our shifter body??

george

blk5.0

forum member
Reaction score
George i cant wait any longer for the shifter hurry its killing me

MGW

Official Vendor
Reaction score
the boots have been stuck in customs for 2 freakin weeks!!! :mad2::angry1::angry1: and the new design reverse pins are going to be here monday so we are FINALLY going to start shipping!@!@@!!!!

it will take a while to get all 100 assembled and shipped but shifters WILL start shipping monday!!!

thanks so much for your patience guys. this should not happen again as all the design changes like boots etc are in the past now.

george

OAC_Sparky

Reaction score
and the new design reverse pins are going to be here monday so we are FINALLY going to start shipping!@!@@!!!!
Hey George, are these "new design reverse pins" something that the early adopters can benefit from? I've got the new boot and heat shield coming, will this pin be coming too? Thanks

BIGALS5.0

Reaction score
the boots have been stuck in customs for 2 freakin weeks!!! :mad2::angry1::angry1: and the new design reverse pins are going to be here monday so we are FINALLY going to start shipping!@!@@!!!!

it will take a while to get all 100 assembled and shipped but shifters WILL start shipping monday!!!

thanks so much for your patience guys. this should not happen again as all the design changes like boots etc are in the past now.

george

Glad they will be shipping out. Can't wait to get it. :clap:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back