2012 questions

gangaskan

Reaction score
just bought a 12 v6 and here are my questions

its a 6 speed manual, first is a whore to get into, it has what i believe is just a hurst knob and arm, but the shifter feels extremely tight, is that normal? i only drove one other 197, but it was a 10' gt.

my passenger door card leather is loosening, but it looks rough, is there somewhere where i can buy the matching leather to re glue?

im looking at radio stuff now, i bought the scoche kit and already have a joying android unit. can the front speakers take 5.25? i have non shaker, no sync. pretty basic.

are there things i should look out for? i checked my vin to make sure no tsb's were needed.

totaljustice

Reaction score
The only question I can answer for you is that the MT-82 in the 12 to 14 was notorious for hard shifting into first and second gear. There was a Ford TSB out for it somewhere you can probably find on the net. The fix was changing the tranny fluid for something different. I ended up putting in Royal Purple Syncromax myself and that solved the issue. I should also mention that the hard shifting usually lessened a lot when the transmission got warm so if you still have problems after everything reaches operating temperature it would probably be something else. Hope that helps.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back