2013 GT S&H Performance/On3 twin turbo install-long read!

Bullitt3478

forum member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about the issues, can't lie it does look damn good under the hood though.im sure there's plenty more power in it once the issue gets worked out.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
I can get the HPX maf if needed but I would like someone smart tuning wise to tell me if the 02's not working right would affect the maf.

It's a frequency based maf. HPX isn't going to work unless they are offering a freq based maf, The one I'm familiar with is voltage based. Like honey badger mentioned Pro M has a frequency maf. I've read that the wideband o2 sensors won't work very well with a turbo under boost because of the backpressure so wot needs to rely on the maf xfer just like older motors.

You get to learn all kinds of new things about the coyote. I think they are just going to be bumps in the road.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The HPX is for the coyote; Chad from On3 pegged his as well on his 2011 automatic...they ain't cheap though, $469 with a $69 core charge once the stock one is sent back.

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
How are you pegging the maf? Serious question. Many others with much more hp dont peg the maf.

Wnt2gofst

Banned
Reaction score
How are you pegging the maf? Serious question. Many others with much more hp dont peg the maf.

You have to know how to extend it. Guess its hard on coyote. Im on stock one now thanks to lu d talking to my tuner. After bbr told me couldnt be done and ordered pro m. Which at time was only one out.

from my S4 in your sisters bed

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
By extend you mean the parameters in the tune? Im just curious for my own knowledge.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I know the 5.0's are freq based vice the count based maf's the 3V's use.

Mustang-mike

Shwetty member
Reaction score
Yikes sounds like a nightmare, but like others said your going to hit bumps in the road on the first try, it's all about how to get past them.

stang8psi

forum member
Reaction score
Are they the same Bov and wastegates chad offers (on3)(Chinese)?

Also just playing devils advocate.. Sounds like some of the problems are install related! (powder coating issues which lead to o2 problems which these cars are wideband read cars and is probably causing you issues I am sure)

And I am sure your oil less turbos are good, But oiled ones have produced power and will produce tons of power, When Installed correctly, It's proven time and time again.

What maf did you use? I would ditch the one chad sells in the kit and either make (if you guys can fab some aluminum) a 3.5-4" pipe with a air straightner and put your stock maf back in place, or possibly try a pro-m frequency maf!

There are pros and cons with every FI kit out there! but surprisingly I have heard once the little issues are worked out (install) these kits are running good, and putting out good power when tuned by a good tuner

so stay positive and just re trace some steps that are and could in the future cause your issues..

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
May have been a nightmare but it sure looks awesome!!!!!!

Wow!!! Those under the hood shots are sweet. Now light the wick on it!!!!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back