2013 GT S&H Performance/On3 twin turbo install-long read!

2L8IWON

forum member
Reaction score
Damn dude, sorry to hear of your issues. Seems as though you always find the bad luck when installing products.

If it is any consolation, it looks sick as shit!

TurboX

Formally Buzz Lightyear
Reaction score
Greg, Good luck and in the end I hope you will be happy. If you are not, do not judge a Turbo kit based on ON3s kit. I saw the kit they make for the 3V and calling it shit is a compliment.

Few questions, Why would you powder coat the IC ? It is going to make it less efficient, having seen what you did to your 3V, I have to assume you arent wanting to leave anything on the table. I also have to ask, if the 02s werent working, why would anybody try tuning the car ? That is just stupid IMO, the widebands are 1 of the best parts of the Coyote processors. Maybe Bruce can comment further if he knows anything about the Coyote processors. I also have to wonder, how you are maxing out a stock MAF on 8psi ? Ive seen F1R tuned Coyotes with 15psi tuned on stock MAFs.

Good luck and I hope you get it figured out, JPC is only a state away

Magic_Bryce

Reaction score
good god, 30-36 hours for install?!? sorry to hear youre having some issues, hopefully you can get them resolved! thanks for the write up, I was considering this kit but i'm a little weary now. I will definitely be keeping an eye on the thread

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Are they the same Bov and wastegates chad offers (on3)(Chinese)?

Also just playing devils advocate.. Sounds like some of the problems are install related! (powder coating issues which lead to o2 problems which these cars are wideband read cars and is probably causing you issues I am sure)

And I am sure your oil less turbos are good, But oiled ones have produced power and will produce tons of power, When Installed correctly, It's proven time and time again.

What maf did you use? I would ditch the one chad sells in the kit and either make (if you guys can fab some aluminum) a 3.5-4" pipe with a air straightner and put your stock maf back in place, or possibly try a pro-m frequency maf!

There are pros and cons with every FI kit out there! but surprisingly I have heard once the little issues are worked out (install) these kits are running good, and putting out good power when tuned by a good tuner

so stay positive and just re trace some steps that are and could in the future cause your issues..

The only install related problem was the AC line and the powdercoating of the manifold.

The MAF is the stock MAF and it is in a 3" piece of straight pipe.

I don't think oil/water cooling makes any difference on the power; I have read many threads about people having issues with blow by the on the seals/excessive oil use/lots of smoke with oil fed turbo's which is why I went water.

I don't know Dan at Pro Dyno real well but after seeing the cars he tuned while I was there I classify him as a good tuner he knows what he is doing.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Greg, Good luck and in the end I hope you will be happy. If you are not, do not judge a Turbo kit based on ON3s kit. I saw the kit they make for the 3V and calling it shit is a compliment.

Few questions, Why would you powder coat the IC ? It is going to make it less efficient, having seen what you did to your 3V, I have to assume you arent wanting to leave anything on the table. I also have to ask, if the 02s werent working, why would anybody try tuning the car ? That is just stupid IMO, the widebands are 1 of the best parts of the Coyote processors. Maybe Bruce can comment further if he knows anything about the Coyote processors. I also have to wonder, how you are maxing out a stock MAF on 8psi ? Ive seen F1R tuned Coyotes with 15psi tuned on stock MAFs.

Good luck and I hope you get it figured out, JPC is only a state away

While I don't have much experience with the On3 stuff I don't know why you say their stuff is shit; the turbo's are not the best but that is why we upgraded to the Comp's. Piping/V bands/T bolt clamps are parts, not sure how they can be made better.

The 02's in the 5.0's are closed loop so your comment was not right; As I said in my previous post I trust Dan as a tuner and have not heard/seen anyone who has had their car tuned by him has had issues.

I concur with the comment about maxing out the MAF which is why I asked the question about 02's not working being related to the MAF issue; Dan tuned a 2011+ with the aluminatior/Procharger making 15 lbs of boost and did not max the MAF...I don't know if that setup was draw thru/blow thru.

Shotokan1509

forum member
Reaction score
This mean more time for other items, like the beans may get spilled on the 3v new routing?

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
also how does everyone like our new wastegates and blow off valves

The wastegate looks exactly like the emusa I currently use. Edit: As I read my post it can be taken two ways. I mean it in a positive way. The emusa I currently use has been a very good wastegate. I'd much rather buy parts and kits from those I know.

Last edited:

Mystickeith50

forum member
Reaction score
May have been a nightmare but it sure looks awesome!!!!!!

Wow!!! Those under the hood shots are sweet. Now light the wick on it!!!!

The kit looks badass Greg....if I'm correct though Lund or ken will probably be a little hesitant towards helping u out since they have a TT kit on the market as well. I thought someone else on here had issues with that and was told by them they wouldn't help in tuning. U can probably contact JPC.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I would not expect any tuner to help out another tuner for this issue since they guard their secrets....I am not going to JPC, I will give Dan the time he needs to figure it out.

TurboX

Formally Buzz Lightyear
Reaction score
I would not expect any tuner to help out another tuner for this issue since they guard their secrets....I am not going to JPC, I will give Dan the time he needs to figure it out.

Actually, On the SCT site there is a dealers forum and you are right, they wont give secrets but they will help out each other.

I said my piece about On3 and not looking to sidetrack your thread with my opinion. I might be wrong about how to tune and advantages of the wideband but stand by my statement, why would anybody try tuning when there is a problem with sensors and systems are not 100% go.

I believe the Procharger kit I saw had the MAF placed on the IC, was a blow thru setup for sure.

Last edited:

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I agree with the MAF on the IC, Dan said the same thing as that is how the Procharger kits are.

I sanded the 02 ports today so hopefully that took care of that!

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
I agree with the MAF on the IC, Dan said the same thing as that is how the Procharger kits are.

I sanded the 02 ports today so hopefully that took care of that!

That doesn't sound like fun at all.

So the stock maf is good for 560rwhp in a 3" blow through? That's a lot of range imo. As much as I bitched about the procharger intercooler tank location it turned out fine once I got the maf xfer to work. Only took 3 months, lol.

Have you guys given any thought to a tank mounted maf for more resolution?

CPRsm

forum member
Reaction score
The left column of the maf transfer function is what you need to change. All the way at the bottom left you can change, or more if you want better resolution. Just follow the trend of the numbers that are there but make larger leaps until you exceed the factory setting. Leave it changed, hit another menu and come back. The frequency will have reset itself accordingly. If you are making 560 at about 12hrtz now, fuzzy math says 650 at 14hrtz. 3in is just too small. But tank mounted isn't an accurate lbs/min airflow.
I don't think this was a large secret that I know of. So I don't mind. I was told like it was no big deal

Last edited:

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I think to looks great in your car and I like the S&H parts too. Props to you for trying the setup before you decide weather or not to sell it.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks Zman! I will give it some time to let the tuner figure it out.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That doesn't sound like fun at all.

So the stock maf is good for 560rwhp in a 3" blow through? That's a lot of range imo. As much as I bitched about the procharger intercooler tank location it turned out fine once I got the maf xfer to work. Only took 3 months, lol.

Have you guys given any thought to a tank mounted maf for more resolution?

Wasn't that bad; the 02's are easier to get to now from the top of the engine bay, bad thing for the passenger side is I have to remove the battery/tray.

Installed the boost gauge tonight so I will see if the gauge shows the same boost level as the dyno did.

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
By the way, Dan is a great tuner. The only reason I'm not still running his tun is because I've since changed stuff on my car and I wasn't stationed anywhere close to him anymore.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back