298....tr6060.....67mm@20 psi.....in progress!

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
do you have stroker? then you need 18 cc's to get arround 9.1 or if you have stock displacement crank you need like 14cc's, i have never seen a manley platinum piston melted they are good. For me manley and Diamond are the best, i've seen many CP's melted too...

Dale Metlika is agood friend of mines he is a great guy to deal with...

Tell him to hook me up! Lol....

Yes, its a stroker 3.75 crank, He said the 14cc .020 over will give me 9.03:1

recordbreaker5

Blown 3V
Reaction score

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
do you have stroker? then you need 18 cc's to get arround 9.1 or if you have stock displacement crank you need like 14cc's, i have never seen a manley platinum piston melted they are good. For me manley and Diamond are the best, i've seen many CP's melted too...

Dale Metlika is agood friend of mines he is a great guy to deal with...

I have melted a couple but not due to the pistions by any meens.

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
kng-cr868hpn
kng-mb5283hp

Question on bearings. I've never bought bearings for a stroker. Are these the ones I want for the Manley 5.85 rods? I already know the sizes based on the ones I pulled out....and plan on using plastigage on them before final assembly to make they are ok.

Just want to make sure I order the right ones first time around.

GB10

8s coming soon?
Reaction score
Bearings will be the same regardless of being a stroker or not. The only thing that would change your bearing sizes would be if your main or rod journals have been turned.

GB10

8s coming soon?
Reaction score
When you buy the bearings you will need the .25mm version. They have standard (STD), .25 (.010), .5 (.020), and .75 (.030) depending on what your journals have been turned to.

tmcolegr

It's All About the Build
Reaction score
Bearings will be the same regardless of being a stroker or not. The only thing that would change your bearing sizes would be if your main or rod journals have been turned.

Really??? You're absolutely sure on that. I think you might want to check your facts.

Untitled-7.jpg

Last edited:

GB10

8s coming soon?
Reaction score
Really??? You're absolutely sure on that. I think you might want to check your facts.

Untitled-7.jpg
No, you're right. It's been a while since I've done a modular stroker. Mains are the same, but rods use a smaller journal diameter to offset the journal. Thanks for correcting me before he ordered the wrong parts.:beer:

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
That's good to know! They don't list the smaller bearings, guess ill have to call.

Also need to find 1 rod bushing.

GB10

8s coming soon?
Reaction score
I know Manley sells the pin bushings seperately, but i'm not sure which brand of rods you have. You would probably have to drill the oil holes into the bushing after installing it and before honing it to size.

On those bearings, I looked over some of my notes and I had to use a small block chevy small journal bearing set for the 2.125" bore rod and 2.000" rod journal. I wrote down the Clevite H bearing part number as CB745HN, but that is for standard rod journals. You would need CB745hn10 for .010" undersized journals. I would verify this part number to make sure it is still valid, because my notes are from a couple of years ago.

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
I know Manley sells the pin bushings seperately, but i'm not sure which brand of rods you have. You would probably have to drill the oil holes into the bushing after installing it and before honing it to size.

On those bearings, I looked over some of my notes and I had to use a small block chevy small journal bearing set for the 2.125" bore rod and 2.000" rod journal. I wrote down the Clevite H bearing part number as CB745HN, but that is for standard rod journals. You would need CB745hn10 for .010" undersized journals. I would verify this part number to make sure it is still valid, because my notes are from a couple of years ago.

they are manley 14044 rods. part number on the bearings sound about right. i beleive thats what i pulled out. modmax just dosnt list them on thier site , i was wanting to do the king coated bearings. ill have to call them to see if they offer them.

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
E322311C-FF33-4722-A3DC-8248D8518AA0-4029-000005ED9C27D5F4.jpg

Manley pistons arrived today! Everything else has been coming in all week. All the bits and pieces are here for the motor. Pistons and rings go to the machine shop on Monday morning so they can bore the engine and file fit the rings. Then I will bring the block home, install the crank and check all my clearances before taking the rotating assembly back for digital balancing.

Also shipped off my RST clutch to get it reworked into a RXT.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Look foward to seeing it back togeter and your impressions of the rxt vice rst.

jerryg2163

Reaction score
Hey guys, question for you about the stroker kits since this is not my strong suit...is there a reason for going 298 vs. 302 or vice versa? I've always wondered if one has more benefits over the other or if it more personal preference... Thanks

dysan

Dis-Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, question for you about the stroker kits since this is not my strong suit...is there a reason for going 298 vs. 302 or vice versa? I've always wondered if one has more benefits over the other or if it more personal preference... Thanks

298 stroker would be stock bore...if your block can be done that way I would recommend it. That way, if you have an issue in the future you may just be able to bore out your block and not have to get another one.

I just went through this when an exhaust valve head snapped off, and if my block was a stock bore I could have most likely just bored the cylinders out and wouldn't have had to get another used block for my rebuild.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back