364 rwhp = 12.11 @ 112.5 in the 1/4 mile

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Reaction score
Went out to Pacific Raceways a couple weeks ago for opening day of test n tune in the 1/4 mile.

This track used to be known as Seattle Int'l Raceway and it has great track prep. Plus, it's just 150 feet above sea level.

Only got three runs as we kept getting rain delays, so I'm surprised the car hooked as well as it did.

My first pass was my best pass > 12.11 @ 112.51, but we didn't get it on film. Here's the time slip, though...

0417001127.jpg

A friend of mine caught my next pass on film > 12.25 @ 112.18...

Worst pass of the day was against a Camaro driver who couldn't find a dang gear to save his soul. I put a couple extra degrees of timing in my tune for this run, but it started spark knocking so the PCM pulled a bunch of timing and slowed me down to a 12.42 @ 111.61...

Last edited:

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Reaction score
Nice times, i cant wait to get back up there and go to the track.

We're so lucky to have good dragstrips around here! Everyone tells that me they run quicker at Bremerton so I'm excited to go there this weekend to race (I went a couple weeks ago, but we got rained out).

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Reaction score
Well, ran at Bremerton last night. We were racing into a headwind all night. Best run for me was a 12.07 on a 1.76 sixty foot.

Irishman

Ricer
Reaction score
Shit I would also be changing your time in the sig to represent your new best 1/4 time. Nice run

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Reaction score
your sig says you have a 4800 rpm converter....what brand?

My converter was built by Fuddle Racing in Utah. Started life as a 3600 rpm converter (based on a stock 300hp 4.6L 3V), but as the power went up with the blower, so did the stall speed. I think Fuddle Racing has gone out of business, though, which is a shame as I've had this converter for 3 years and it works great!

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Reaction score
Shit I would also be changing your time in the sig to represent your new best 1/4 time. Nice run

Thanks! My whole timeslip was full of PB's, so I've got to change my sig....

1.76 = 60'
4.98 = 330'
7.70 @ 90 = 1/8 mile
10.07 = 1000'
12.07 @ 112 = 1/4 mile

We were racing into a strong headwind all night, so my trap speeds were down even though my ET's were better.

06vistabluegt

forum member
Reaction score
Very nice runs. Do you launch from idle? Couldn't tell for sure but it seemed like you were. You might be able to bring the r's up at the line and see some 11's.

chad05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks! My whole timeslip was full of PB's, so I've got to change my sig....

1.76 = 60'
4.98 = 330'
7.70 @ 90 = 1/8 mile
10.07 = 1000'
12.07 @ 112 = 1/4 mile

We were racing into a strong headwind all night, so my trap speeds were down even though my ET's were better.

GREAT run! 12.0's make ya sick, huh!?!

headwinds suck

what was DA??

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Reaction score
Very nice runs. Do you launch from idle? Couldn't tell for sure but it seemed like you were. You might be able to bring the r's up at the line and see some 11's.

I've been launching with some revs against the brakes - roughly 2,000 rpm's. I've tried hitting the converter from idle, but the best ET's come from loading the converter. I'll try 2,500 rpm's this weekend at the track to see if that helps any. 4 of my 7 runs last Friday had 60' times in the 1.76 to 1.79 range (the others were low 1.8's), so my heavy/lazy automatic GT is launching pretty good, IMO, but it looks so drama-free in the video (quite deceptive looking). I'm going to try adding 1 more degree of timing to see if the extra torque gets it into the 11.90's (as long as there's no detonation).

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Reaction score
GREAT run! 12.0's make ya sick, huh!?!

headwinds suck

what was DA??

I didn't check the DA, but it was a cool day in the 55-60 degree range, humidity was likely in the 70-75% range, barometer would have been just about 30 flat, and the track is only 150 feet above sea level, so I'd guess the DA would have been in the 100-200 foot range with no effect on my ET's.

It is frustrating to be so close to the 11's, but it gives me a good reason to go back to the track!

A friend was there running his S197 GT turning 12.9's and 13.0's all night into the headwind. Two weeks prior he was there running 12.7's with a slight tailwind. Wish I would have been running two weeks prior with him as that would have been enough to pull 11.9's in my GT. The weather is such a fickle mistress!!!

terry5357

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna guess you're right on the cusp of 11's, as well, judging by your 1/8 mile times in your signature! Your 7.78 @ 88 is right there with my 7.70 @ 90. Oh so close to 11's for many of us here, it seems.

yea, I needs me one dem promachargin thangamajig.....:idea:

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Reaction score
Brian, the night you kept kicking my ass, the DA was 121' above sea level.

121' DA? Did I call it, or what (my guess was 100-200').

And I wouldn't say I was kicking your ass, Marc. Your car pulls damn hard trapping over 109. You just need some stickier tires as those Toyo's aren't doing you any favors. No reason that you couldn't run 12.50's if you had the right tires and some weight transfer.

Thank you again for the great hospitality at your track. I absolutely love running at Bremerton Raceways. I'm going to try making it there this Friday night for test and tune in search of that 11.90 run.

On a side note, I hot lapped some to see how much heat soak my car would suffer. Good info to have for dialing in for bracket racing. Cool, the car has run a 12.07, 12.11, and 12.14. Hot, the car runs in the 12.20's, so the heat soak costs me .15 to .20 and as much as 1 to 1.5 mph in the traps.

06vistabluegt

forum member
Reaction score
I've been launching with some revs against the brakes - roughly 2,000 rpm's. I've tried hitting the converter from idle, but the best ET's come from loading the converter. I'll try 2,500 rpm's this weekend at the track to see if that helps any. 4 of my 7 runs last Friday had 60' times in the 1.76 to 1.79 range (the others were low 1.8's), so my heavy/lazy automatic GT is launching pretty good, IMO, but it looks so drama-free in the video (quite deceptive looking). I'm going to try adding 1 more degree of timing to see if the extra torque gets it into the 11.90's (as long as there's no detonation).

I bring the r's up to about 3k at the line. With my TH350 the car come out of the hole like a slug, it's like I'm on a Sunday drive but it runs the number within a few thousandth's every run. Too bad the driver can't get a good R/T to save his life.

Last edited:

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Reaction score
I bring the r's up to about 3k at the line. With my TH350 the car come out of the hole like a slug, it's like I'm on a Sunday drive but it runs the number within a few thousandth's every run. Too bad the driver can't get a good R/T to save his life.

We all struggle with R/T's. I'm all over the board; usually anywhere from .100 to .200, but a few redlights mixed in typically.

I'm gonna try bringing it up to 3K like you next time out to see if that helps. The converter manufacturers all say to leave from idle to get the biggest STR (stall torque ratio???) for the hardest hit, but that doesn't show the best ET's for my car for some reason. Oh well, each car is different I suppose.....

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back