3v Fuel Systems And Their Capacities

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I see Deatschwerks has a 1500cc injector.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
OK JeremyH

I am new to this forum and this kind of information is why I joined. You guys are very knowledgeable and straight to the point. If this question should be in a different area just let me know. I have been searching for answers on here and I think I found them in this thread. This is the set up I had before I started my upgrades.

06 Mustang GT with - Procharger Stage 2 Intercooled System w/ 39# injectors, , Comp Cams Phaser Limiter Kit, Muthur Thumper cams, Ken Bell Boost-a-Pump, Aeromotive 325 Stealth fuel pump, factory manifolds w/ Pypes Off Road X-pipe. It was Dyno Tuned and was at 376 RWHP / 362 RWT which seems low to me.

This is what I am working on right now, mostly done but not Dyno tuned yet. After I get all this finished I will have it taken to the Dyno shop on a roll back.

I am adding Ford Racing Intake and Ford Racing Twin 62mm Throttle Body, KOOKS 1-5/8's long tube headers with high-flow cats, Roush Extreme Exhaust, Changing to Detroit Rocker N/A cams.

Questions I had and Answers I believe I got from your post.

1. Will my fuel system and injectors be able to keep up with what I am doing? I need to chnge to the 47# injectors but my fuel pump and Ken Bell will still work.
2. I do not need to upgrade to the GT500 fuel pump set-up but if I did go with it I would not need the boost-a-pump.
3. Will it make 500 - 550 RWHP? I believe it will.

Question 3 is for fun but question 1 and 2 is legitimate. What do you think?

1. The pump and bap yes, 47's would be a good choice.
2. Correct.
3. The power really depends on boost, timing and tune.

06JET

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks JeremyH
I just went to AM and was looking at the Ford Racing 47# injectors and it has this saying not recommended for Forced Induction. Which ones would you recommend?

High Performance Applications. These Ford Racing High Flow Fuel Injectors have a USCAR electrical connector that flows 47 lb/hr and are specifically designed for high performance applications. custom tune. They are not recommend for forced induction 2005-2010 Mustang Applications.

Wraith

forum member
Reaction score
So let's expand on this a bit into what's the check list of things you want to look over after you have put your expensive setup back in the car and start remote or dyno tuning.

I got the following from reading:
Battery strength
Voltage output of alternator
Voltage at the pump driver after you complete your wire upgrade.
Fuel pressure
Injector duty cycle
Afr

Now perhaps most good tuners worth their weight are checking these things prior to having a person start making some power pulls but I'm just curious what others give a once over before uncorking the boost into their new investment. I know A LOT has changed since last time mine ran so call me gun shy but.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back