4.0 to 5.0 Coyote Swap AUTO transmission

Rageni

Reaction score
Hi there,
I’m pretty new at this. I’m just looking for some pointers on how to go about this swap. I’ve got a 2010 4.0 v6 with automatic transmission. I’ve already bought a 2011 5.0 motor and I know that there’s no control pack for auto transmissions for gen 1 coyotes. I’ll have to buy a used PCM and a new harness. I want to use the stock 5 speed transmission (I’ll change it if I absolutely have to). I know I’ll have to switch to return fuel, change the rear end, get different motor mounts, and get some tuning done, etc. I’m not looking to race the car, it’s my daily driver in the summer. I also am not worried about emissions since it’s not a concern where I live. Any advice and help on how to do the swap with the auto transmission would be much appreciated.

Dino Dino Bambino

I have a red car
Reaction score
I’ve already bought a 2011 5.0 motor and I know that there’s no control pack for auto transmissions for gen 1 coyotes.

You've just caused yourself a major headache but a possible cure is to use the 6R80 6-speed auto tranny and get the ECU plus wiring harnesses from a wrecked '11-'14 GT.
For that matter, you might as well buy a complete vehicle so you can use it as a donor for all the other parts you'll need.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back