47# injectors with e85 - bolt ons/spray

MGT2009

forum member
Reaction score
Alright, I did a search and couldn't find really anything so I figured I'd make a post.

I'm looking to run e85 here soon on bolt ons and eventually bolt ons + 125 shot and have a chance to buy 47# injectors for a really good price.

My question is, is this too much injector for the set up or should I go ahead and get them?

I know NA wise, they're not going to help much but I'm more concerned with when I put the 125 shot on.

05yellowgt

Reaction score
If it is a wet kit, then it doesn't matter your fuel injectors as long as you have a fuel pump. A wet kit supplies nitrous and supplemental fuel. If you are running a dry kit, then you need big enough injectors to provide the extra fuel the nitrous needs to maintain proper A/F.

As far as 47lb injectors, they will be plenty for a bolt on 3v switching to E85. What does your fuel system consist of and what specific nitrous kit are you looking at?

MGT2009

forum member
Reaction score
If it is a wet kit, then it doesn't matter your fuel injectors as long as you have a fuel pump. A wet kit supplies nitrous and supplemental fuel. If you are running a dry kit, then you need big enough injectors to provide the extra fuel the nitrous needs to maintain proper A/F.

As far as 47lb injectors, they will be plenty for a bolt on 3v switching to E85. What does your fuel system consist of and what specific nitrous kit are you looking at?

I haven't purchased anything yet, but i'd be looking at the gt500 fuel system, those 47# injectors and a nitrous outlet plate kit.

05yellowgt

Reaction score

MGT2009

forum member
Reaction score
JLT series III, CMCV delete, pypes LT's, off road x, stainless works a/b

down the road i'd like to add the frpp manifold and some 127500's aswell.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
Alright, I did a search and couldn't find really anything so I figured I'd make a post.

I'm looking to run e85 here soon on bolt ons and eventually bolt ons + 125 shot and have a chance to buy 47# injectors for a really good price.

My question is, is this too much injector for the set up or should I go ahead and get them?

I know NA wise, they're not going to help much but I'm more concerned with when I put the 125 shot on.

Too much? I've run 47lb injectors na before, they work fine. Plus you have to figure that the gt500 isn't always running wot, for normal driving it's not using much more fuel than what you have.

I've also ran 47s with E85 and boost. They started to fade at around 525rwhp.

MGT2009

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice guys.

I went ahead and picked them up. Scored 47lb/hr for $80. Not to shabby if you ask me.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back