pacettr

PJ Lover
Reaction score
It won't be lighter than the 3v
It's NOT the 5.0 "Cammer" from the FRPP catalog

tehsleeper

forum member
Reaction score
Good luck supercharging a high compression motor.

FI to be worth a damn will take forged internals and lowered compression. Isn't this enging supposed to have 10.0-11.0 compression?

trolls56

Reaction score
I wish they would hurry up and anounce what the new 5.0 is goin to be. If its just stroked 4.6 4 valve with higher compression i think i might go ahead and order a 2010.

pacettr

PJ Lover
Reaction score
I wish they would hurry up and anounce what the new 5.0 is goin to be. If its just stroked 4.6 4 valve with higher compression i think i might go ahead and order a 2010.

It's a completely new engine AFAIK...

mx07gt

Reaction score
I don't think Ford is going to put a High Compression 5.0 DOHC on the mustang...

Remember...Ford loves FI just as much as we do :thumb2:

navyman8903

forum member
Reaction score
I think that a 5.0L would be nice to have. I however doubt that it will be 400hp. Probably 350. How much do we have to do to our cars to get 400rwhp......and I know the engine would be rated for BHP but it is what it is.

However a 5.0L with a whipple or something like that with forged internals = beast mode.

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
I think that a 5.0L would be nice to have. I however doubt that it will be 400hp. Probably 350. How much do we have to do to our cars to get 400rwhp......and I know the engine would be rated for BHP but it is what it is.

However a 5.0L with a whipple or something like that with forged internals = beast mode.

I have to disagree. This is mostly Ford stepping up to the plate for once and making a engine that makes hp very close to the compitetion.
I don't see Ford designing a new engine and spending some money only to put out 350hp. 400hp in a 3600lbish car would finally put us Mustang guys ahead in stock form for a change.
Guess we'll have to wait and see :beerdrink:

navyman8903

forum member
Reaction score
I have to disagree. This is mostly Ford stepping up to the plate for once and making a engine that makes hp very close to the compitetion.
I don't see Ford designing a new engine and spending some money only to put out 350hp. 400hp in a 3600lbish car would finally put us Mustang guys ahead in stock form for a change.
Guess we'll have to wait and see :beerdrink:

When has ford ever done that? I have learned to get kinda let down by ford. They make great, solid, fast cars. But they have always been afraid in the past to put something in that completely trounces everything else. They start projects, but never go through with them in the end. Like the 6.2L. We will see though. I hope they do what you are saying, but I am not holding my breath.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back