6R80 in my 05

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
No, the console is the same. You just have to trim the opening a little for the '11 up shifter.

TzReddy

forum member
Reaction score
I got a brand new 6r80 and it came with a 11 shifter that has cable attached but I don’t see how it connects to the trans besides the end where it snaps in to the shifter lever on trans. Is there a mount the cable goes to on the trans itself that I need to buy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
I got a brand new 6r80 and it came with a 11 shifter that has cable attached but I don’t see how it connects to the trans besides the end where it snaps in to the shifter lever on trans. Is there a mount the cable goes to on the trans itself that I need to buy?

Yes

TzReddy

forum member
Reaction score
I heard you can’t use a tci shifter for an 05-10 with the 6r because of cable. Can I use a tci for an 11-13 in it tho?

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
There are was someone in this thread that used a 05- 09 auto shifter in there's. I was thinking about test fitting the TCI in mine at some point since I have one in the garage.

TzReddy

forum member
Reaction score
There are was someone in this thread that used a 05- 09 auto shifter in there's. I was thinking about test fitting the TCI in mine at some point since I have one in the garage.

If you do let me know. I have a cable from a 11 shifter so wasnt sure if I bought a tci for 05-09 if would work if I used the cable from the 11 shifter

TzReddy

forum member
Reaction score
I have one that's brand new I believe.

Let me know I will probably buy. Also looking for plate between engine and trans or is the stock 3v one ok? Read it lines up but wasn’t sure if better to go with different one?

TzReddy

forum member
Reaction score
So is it the cable that doesn’t work with say I bought a tci for an 05-09? Would I be ok if I bought a tci for an 11+?

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
After seeing the other comments on the steep 1st gear, it may require both swaps to get what I want. I have 4:10s now and cross the line at about 7200 rpms with the 4r70w. I have some 3:73s here I could test out. They will never make 200 mph though. Maybe a 6r80 and some 3:55s or 3:31s would be the best of both worlds. That is my thinking anyhow.
I Saw someone like this post, I now have 308 gears with the 6r80 to make it run the speeds I want to

chad Cini

Reaction score
when swapping the 6r80 into an 07 gt500 using this controller do you need to purchase the battery/trans harness from a coyote 6r80? or it that only necessary when you want to use the factory 5.0 computer to control the trans? thanks for any insight in advance

forum member
Reaction score
when swapping the 6r80 into an 07 gt500 using this controller do you need to purchase the battery/trans harness from a coyote 6r80? or it that only necessary when you want to use the factory 5.0 computer to control the trans? thanks for any insight in advance

The Quick 6 controller is stand alone with its own harness included. You should not need to change the harness on you car.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back