6R80 transbrake you say?

2FST-4U

forum member
Reaction score
Shit I have been 1.33 60ft on foot brake circle d 2c with my Paxton car. Triangle speed shop tune and my Friend Sheldon has been 1.30 60ft on foot brake. 8.99@151 Sheldons car and 9.06@151 with mine.

Last edited:

Bud

forum member
Reaction score
Jon's car moves the fuk out! That 1.28 60' was ridiculous! Many thanks to the BG glue gods, and was pretty incredible that the driveline held up to that launch at that weight. Was awesome to see

CPRsm

forum member
Reaction score
I am curious, how many trans issues have you heard of from those using your version? I haven't heard of or seen evidence of any using the 2 or 3 relay version. That is a genuine, sincere question.
honestly I only know of two 80's w any problems and they were both running the dual relay. Ea one I think blew a different planetary. Jon and Sean Kelly. Brett is the first to have anything fail other than Chris's stock bushings lol. But even Brett's failure is pretty common now a days I guess. W or without a brake

I have seen timeslips from the same car running 1.32, 1.33, 1.35, 1.36 on the 2 relay setup.
I hadn't seen anyone post anything in that area before. We're still going to keep ours a secret as long as possible. It still has some very distinct advantages to keep under the hat for now.

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
honestly I only know of two 80's w any problems and they were both running the dual relay. Ea one I think blew a different planetary. Jon and Sean Kelly. Brett is the first to have anything fail other than Chris's stock bushings lol. But even Brett's failure is pretty common now a days I guess. W or without a brake

That is interesting. Do you recall if they were using the 2 or 3 relay version?

I hadn't seen anyone post anything in that area before. We're still going to keep ours a secret as long as possible. It still has some very distinct advantages to keep under the hat for now.

Not a thing wrong with that.

D98GT

STREETCAR
Reaction score
Wonder what my little Paxton car would do with this?

My numbers today from the dyno made me feel good :)

Justinjor

JUIC3D
Reaction score
Nope just one. The one you saw was being tested and already off the car.

Definitely two in the area but it doesn't matter. I doubt they would spill the beans on the schematic so the leak is from somewhere else. haha

Chris5.0

forum member
Reaction score
Definitely two in the area but it doesn't matter. I doubt they would spill the beans on the schematic so the leak is from somewhere else. haha
Justin what are you talking about leak? The eBay one is not cave brake it's a Danner design. And no one has leaked this brake. Jims car had it for testing sais car and my car have it. It's leaked when plans are published. And I see no plans.

Justinjor

JUIC3D
Reaction score
Justin what are you talking about leak? The eBay one is not cave brake it's a Danner design. And no one has leaked this brake. Jims car had it for testing sais car and my car have it. It's leaked when plans are published. And I see no plans.

Apparently my browser didn't update with all the posts so I just now saw that it wasn't the cavebrake. Funny that someone even put the relays in a box to mimic the cavebrake though. That's comical. The single biggest form of flattery is imitation.

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Don't you have a car 60' around the 1.2X mark without a transbrake?

I have been assisting VMP with their suspension.

Ironically (wbt, you'll like this) - it did go a 1.28 last Sunday....AFTER putting our lowering springs on it. Our goal was a 1.2X...and bam.

It is a footbraked stock converter car.

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
I have seen timeslips from the same car running 1.32, 1.33, 1.35, 1.36 on the 2 relay setup.

I will not post those as the owner would much like his privacy kept. It will be up to him if he wishes to divulge.

Those are impressive!

I completely understand the privacy part of it.

Is there any way you can share details on this set-up though? Turbo, I assume? What kinda parts is this car using? Built motor and trans? Is it on a slick or DR?

REDS197

Reaction score
I have been assisting VMP with their suspension.

Ironically (wbt, you'll like this) - it did go a 1.28 last Sunday....AFTER putting our lowering springs on it. Our goal was a 1.2X...and bam.

It is a footbraked stock converter car.

Footbrake and Stock Converter!

Thats Awesome!

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
Those are impressive!

I completely understand the privacy part of it.

Is there any way you can share details on this set-up though? Turbo, I assume? What kinda parts is this car using? Built motor and trans? Is it on a slick or DR?

Local guy I have been helping and he also has lowering springs on his car. ;)

In fact, I will be moving to some myself in the near future. I have had a change of heart on it after seeing the way his car performs.

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Sweet!

Is said car built? What kinda power, if you don't mind sharing?

FATHERFORD

Reaction score
I read this thread and still more confused then ever.

Big HP Twin turbo coyote with Circle D converter and Circle D Trans.... Will the 2 relay version with no tune mods hold or not?

Justinjor

JUIC3D
Reaction score
I read this thread and still more confused then ever.

Big HP Twin turbo coyote with Circle D converter and Circle D Trans.... Will the 2 relay version with no tune mods hold or not?

Inferred movement or stall speed has to be raised in the tune for a converter and also transbrake use. Since it's not likely you'd put a transbrake on a stock converter car, this parameter will already have been raised by whomever tuned the car. Aside from that, no other tuning changes are necessary.

I don't have big power, but mine holds fine on my TT coyote.

FATHERFORD

Reaction score
Inferred movement or stall speed has to be raised in the tune for a converter and also transbrake use. Since it's not likely you'd put a transbrake on a stock converter car, this parameter will already have been raised by whomever tuned the car. Aside from that, no other tuning changes are necessary.

I don't have big power, but mine holds fine on my TT coyote.

Ok thanks, My car should be doing over 1200rwhp so I'm just curious if it would hold.

Justinjor

JUIC3D
Reaction score
Ok thanks, My car should be doing over 1200rwhp so I'm just curious if it would hold.

Many big power cars use the same transbrake and are reporting good results. Specifically Power by the Hour and their big power cars. Ken's stock motor car went 9.3@145 with the 2 relay brake and their built motor cars are even faster.

CPRsm

forum member
Reaction score
Total power of the engine doesn't matter unless you're going to try to build 20+psi on the brake. Only needs to hold what you can launch with

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back