a/f question

colorado pony

Reaction score
if you take a 4.0 l v6 and you supercharger and tuned the engine and then add a ram air hood would you see a differnt in the a/f ratio from forces air into the filter?

roddy

Reaction score
Not likely, but If you're really lucky, you might see slightly lower IATs.

colorado pony

Reaction score
try again

is this really a problem?????

i have a supercharger on a 06 v6 vehicle for a few years now. it has a custom tune on vehicle and has been running just fine.

i just put on a new ram air hood and have been seeing a differnt a/f reading on my guage... at highway speeds.... it is leaner than with the factory hood... standing still i get the old reads

should i see the leaner reading? is the air from the ram air inlets causing a problem with the maf that is locationed just after the filter?

have i causes the problem by bring in outside air thru the new hood?

any ideals guys on how to tell what or if i a problem?

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
He has a vortech.
Well if you are getting more air through the filter, it could show leaner. There'd be more air volume to try to blow-off, but in the draw-through recirculating system, that air would still be in there and have to go into the throttle body. The PCM would adjust by adding more fuel trim; you should see higher "+" values in short term and long term trims.
Mainly though, what does it do under WOT when zoomin' down the road? THat's where you'd want to make sure there's plenty of fuel of course.

(If the hood is working that well, pretty good design! But as mentioned..be wary when it rains.)

NjsGT

Back in the game....
Reaction score
is this really a problem?????

i have a supercharger on a 06 v6 vehicle for a few years now. it has a custom tune on vehicle and has been running just fine.

i just put on a new ram air hood and have been seeing a differnt a/f reading on my guage... at highway speeds.... it is leaner than with the factory hood... standing still i get the old reads

should i see the leaner reading? is the air from the ram air inlets causing a problem with the maf that is locationed just after the filter?

have i causes the problem by bring in outside air thru the new hood?

any ideals guys on how to tell what or if i a problem?
Might be time for anew o2 sensor for the gauge.... they dont last real long.... I would start there

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back