A trip too Houston proves costly!!!!!!!!

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
How are the 3.73s in the 5.0? Congrats man! I like the Race Red, it is looking good!!

I may be getting one too if the dealer gives me more than 5700 for mine lol

D98GT

STREETCAR
Reaction score
Congrats guys and I am glad that I could help out by hooking you up with the right people ;)

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ok, the real question.............

WHO WON?

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
LOL Here is ONE of his.

IMAG0324.jpg

and one of mine,

IMAG0323.jpg

Sweet rides fella's!

DWalker

forum member
Reaction score
Darren, get your butt outta bed and get to waxing so we can see some pics of that thing! Congrats man, I'm loving mine! My buddy told me he thinks I'm you're bastard son because of the way I am with my car. Haha!

erat

forum member
Reaction score
This is cool.

White is really growing on me. And I think your really going to like the red Darren. I take it this tranny is put together better?

Wished I finished up sooner, we could have all met up.

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
Where to start? LOL First, thanks to everybody for the congrats and listening to me cry over my first debacle of ordering a '13 GT. You guys are fantastic and I love this place.

Van, thanks a million for the hook up. Those guys at Champion spoke HIGHLY of you and James. It helped make the deal for sure!

Dave, I'd have to give James the edge on a race, especially since I would have to carry mine in my arms so I wouldn't scratch it. LOL!

I really had no intentions of driving home a new car yesterday. James is a TERRIBLE influence. LOL! He texted me while I just so happened to be driving to Houston to take my girls shopping so we made a little "swing by the dealership". Welp, I visited with James while he pushed me into spending my money. haha. I have ALWAYS wanted a Red Mustang. I ordered the DIB because it was different and it is an absolutely stunning color, but I could never "connect" with that color. It just wasn't what I perceived a "sports car color" so I'm glad the deal went south on the first '13.

I knew Champion Ford had a Race Red '13 and after gawking at Toms(VTXFrank) Race Red GT for the past year, I had always wanted to try the Red so I pursued the financial challenge of getting the saleman and dealership where I NEEDED to be on my trade and balance. I swear within 5 minutes this deal was put together and done. We got to the dealership around 2:15, hung out with James for a bit. Chatted with the saleman and General manager over a possible deal. They met my price. I left and took my girls shopping. NEVER EVEN TEST DROVE THE CAR. lol. Went back at 8pm last night, signed the papers in about 10minutes and drove the car home. Absolutely the best experience in buying a new car I've EVER had. Paul, the General Manager at Champion was so personable it was unbelievable.

To address KB, you have no idea how true your statement is regarding taking 12 hours and the bugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Between dodging bugs and garbage flying off the interstate from 18 wheelers, I drove like a grandma but it was worth every minute. lol

Kevin, I sooooooooooooooooooooooooo wanted to hook up while you were dyno tuning your car. There just wasn't enough time in one day my friend, sorry. I'm STOKED you got the power out of that Saleen though! We will hook up soon!

Thanks again everybody! The car is dirty and all I had time to do last night at 1am was shoot some cell phone pics of the car in it's new stable.

IMAG0782.jpg

IMAG0792.jpg

Gassing up the car about to hit the road for the trip home!(that's the salesman in the pic paying for the gas, not me. LOL)

IMAG0781.jpg

Edit: To address Sean's question regarding the 3:73's, it wouldn't be my first choice. They are definitely shorter than the stock 3:31's and forces the car to wick quick and makes me have to shift faster(of course sole intention I guess...lol) but it's gonna take some getting used to because the car I test drove a couple of months ago was a '12 6 speed with OEM 3:31's and I like the long gears personally.

Last edited:

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Lol sorry man. I don't mean to be a bad influence, just can't help it sometimes. I'm glad you made the drive south, I told you they wouldn't waste your time.

gil_t2

Love Nitro in the Morning
Reaction score
So I figure we will now be redemodding, the remodded, demodded, modded 06? LOL Congrats like the red.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back