Aftermarket or Tasca to the Rescue?

702GT

S197 Fanatic
Reaction score
Been putting off replacing my tranny mount for a while but it's starting to get unavoidable. I've checked a few vendors sites and tried several keyword searches on the forum but haven't come up with any aftermarket bushings/mounts for the 05-10 3650's. Is OEM all there is?

I could have sworn I read a post in the last few months about somebody replacing their tranny mount but I can't find that post again. I think someone poured their own poly mold and made themselves a replacement mount, but I could be wrong.

So if anyone else has replaced their 3650 tranny mount with a spectacular aftermarket invention, please do tell.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
To this date, I know of no aftermarket replacement, few years back I designed a replacement mount and got quotes and moq numbers but couldn't get the price point down to where I wanted so I never had it made.

The best solution I have seen is poly filling the oem mount, few members here have done it and that's what I ending up doing. Made a noticeable difference since I had stiffer poly motor mounts already. There are multiple durometers to choose from for your application.

Here was my process.

http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2201562&postcount=2

Last edited:

702GT

S197 Fanatic
Reaction score
So in essence, it's a poly incased in rubber mount? How many miles have you put on it since? Have you checked on the mount since? Just curious how well the poly will hold together since it technically shouldnt actually bond with the rubber material.

I still have OEM motor mounts. I'm not going for all-out stiffness, I just want the shifter to stop flexing every time the rear suspension is active.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The rear isn't the big culprit, step one to shoring up the trans/shifter movement is really the motor imho. I would suggest some prothane motor mounts first. That helps with shifter movement a lot in itself, more than any of the other spots. Poly bushing in the uca and lca's wouldn't hurt either.

Been on the car for a year. It fills the inside completely and the surrounding outside areas on all four sides. The mount has to have voids like our trans mounts do to work. Pretty common way to stiffen up bushings if you want to do some more research on it. I would have used it on more bushings on the car if I could have. I used 80a btw.

http://www.energysuspensionparts.com/diymmi

Last edited:

702GT

S197 Fanatic
Reaction score
The rear isn't the big culprit, step one to shoring up the trans/shifter movement is really the motor imho. I would suggest some prothane motor mounts first. That helps with shifter movement a lot in itself, more than any of the other spots. Poly bushing in the uca and lca's wouldn't hurt either.

Been on the car for a year. It fills the inside completely and the surrounding outside areas on all four sides. The mount has to have voids like our trans mounts do to work. Pretty common way to stiffen up bushings if you want to do some more research on it. I would have used it on more bushings on the car if I could have. I used 80a btw.

http://www.energysuspensionparts.com/diymmi

I have poly UCA/LCA/panhard. Recently replaced my UCA to Diff bushing with BMR's wonderful poly bushing. As for motor mounts, the feeling in the shifter is not coming from engine torque, it's coming from the rear. Whenever the rear suspension is active, I can feel it in the shifter. It feels like it's wiggling the tail end of the transmission wherever the diff is. I've checked all my rear suspension bushings and they are all good. So I know there isn't any abnormal suspension movement. It's just the tail end of the tranny feels through the shifter like it's really moving.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I havent experenced the rear having much effect. I cant see it happening unless your motor and trans mount are worn out. What driveshaft?

I'm conifident poly motor and trans mounts would make all the diffetence for you, that rear aint moving shit up through the driveshaft then.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back