Another MT-82 goes bust at 4k miles

SlowA$$5.0

Banned
Reaction score
What happens in 3yr/36k miles, does our cars resale value become nothing.........(for those who need/want to get rid of it for some reason). The mass market has to get word of this critical issue sooner or later.

You are covered for 5/60,000, but let me know when you get there. I'll give you $1k for your car?

CYTE50

Reaction score
For once, I'm not regretting buying the auto. At least it's been proven for a few years in various trucks and SUVs before they put it in the 5.0.

09 Ricky

forum member
Reaction score
For once, I'm not regretting buying the auto. At least it's been proven for a few years in various trucks and SUVs before they put it in the 5.0.
Me to, just put a order in for my auto 2012 5.0.....it's going to be a long six-eight weeks lol

bigjohns97

Reaction score
Wish i would have gotten an auto but just couldn't do it without paddles or somekind of manual mode.

rodmoe

Reaction score
Wish i would have gotten an auto but just couldn't do it without paddles or somekind of manual mode.
that was a deal breaker not being able to select 4 or 5 gear as well as the wonky looking shifter .. but thats just me .. after seeing what they put in the HD F150 with select shift option i would be disappointed to say the least in Ford. then again call me silly but i like paddles :) LOL

Hufen

forum member
Reaction score
I'd convert my manual too an auto at this point, but when I looked into it, it seemed like a pain in the ass...

Hufen

forum member
Reaction score
Ford has come out with a Service Bulletin for the grinding now that entails switching trans fluid.

I would not put a TR-6060 in there. They are riddled with problems and not very strong. The T-56 magnum is the beefed up version of the 6060 and is a MUCH better transmission. There are a ton of internal differences.

My MT82 is a bit notchy but doing ok so far, I'm really thinking of trying the T-56 upgrade if it goes out.

With the .5 overdrive of the T-56 I would not be surprised if we could get 30-32+ mpg at 65mph even with 3.55 or 3.73 gears.

I'm just curious on your opinion about the tr6060 and why you say they aren't very strong? When I used one in my 05 I beat the living hell out of it at 600rwhp and never had a problem. They are rated at 700lbs torque from what I remember?

Edit: http://www.ddperformance.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=231cPath=108_95

To be exact, that's the one I used in my 05 that I was speaking of.

Last edited:

RSKtakR

Reaction score
got a phone call yesterday saying my trans is being put back together and should be done either today or Monday.. I asked him what was replaced and he said all the synchro's.. which wont get rid of the whine in 1-4. I would think that the entire trans would be replaced since this fluid has been in there for 14k miles, 5 and 6 grind and 1-4 whine.. IF this ever gets "fixed" I think Im going to get ridd of the car.. i dont really want to, but If i have this car in 4yrs, and the samething has happend I dont know how many times w/ no fix, it just seems pointless to me, and at some point the yare going to try to start telling me that "its the driver not the car"

COYO TT

Stangless
Reaction score
got a phone call yesterday saying my trans is being put back together and should be done either today or Monday.. I asked him what was replaced and he said all the synchro's.. which wont get rid of the whine in 1-4. I would think that the entire trans would be replaced since this fluid has been in there for 14k miles, 5 and 6 grind and 1-4 whine.. IF this ever gets "fixed" I think Im going to get ridd of the car.. i dont really want to, but If i have this car in 4yrs, and the samething has happend I dont know how many times w/ no fix, it just seems pointless to me, and at some point the yare going to try to start telling me that "its the driver not the car"

Tremec will have a t-56 magnum swap out eventually. Just start saving for it. Its what I plan to do.

RSKtakR

Reaction score
Tremec will have a t-56 magnum swap out eventually. Just start saving for it. Its what I plan to do.

ya but I wont ever have the extra cash available to blow on that.. not to mention we shouldnt have to buy a brand new car, and THEN also buy a brand new transmission because FORD wont step up. I buy a brand new car for the reliability.. I can go buy a old fox chassis and be in the same boat I am now w/ having to fix/replace T5's.. but they are lots cheaper.

RSKtakR

Reaction score
well when I pick my car up.. im going to ask the paperwork be closed for this issue.. I allready had the clutch problem, pedal problem, master and salve cylinders replaced. Im sure they will get pissed when I tell them I want this issue closed.. so the lemon law thing is a possibility.. we all KNOW that these parts they are putting back in our cars arent any different and will eventuallly just do the samething.

09 Ricky

forum member
Reaction score
ya but I wont ever have the extra cash available to blow on that.. not to mention we shouldnt have to buy a brand new car, and THEN also buy a brand new transmission because FORD wont step up. I buy a brand new car for the reliability.. I can go buy a old fox chassis and be in the same boat I am now w/ having to fix/replace T5's.. but they are lots cheaper.
I have run 10.50's at 128 before with a t5 with no issues......but yea it would definetly suck to have to save up for a new tranny, jpc told my buddy the s197 magnum swap with cost around 5-6 grand when they come out........at that point I would trade it in for a auto and have fun with it and call it a day. The worst part about swaping a magnum in is you'll spend all that money and it wont be any faster.......just function properly : (

PBstallis

forum member
Reaction score
no matter what, I will never buy an auto, never have never will

09 Ricky

forum member
Reaction score
no matter what, I will never buy an auto, never have never will
I use to feel the same way as you about a auto car, then I test drove a new 5.0 auto and I was sold......you can't beat it, ford did a awesome job on it. I actually drove both the auto and the manual in the 5.0's to compare, and the auto seemed alot faster to me by a long shot. The mt82 shifted and drove like shit,was noisey and the shifter felt sloppy and loose, not to metion its a remote mount shifter which Ill never own a sports car with one again. Auto's aren't the under dogs anymore, all the fastest 5.0's are all autos except for leathal's ride, and the exception of jpc's 5.0(which doesnt even have the stock tranny anymore lol). Get rid of the junk mt82 and remote shifter and the 5.0 manual might be a contender. Mod for mod Ive personally seen the auto's to be alot quicker/faster : ), and I know how to row some gears lol.

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back