AnotherS197GT's Coyote Swap: The Valve Dropper Special

fordave

dna (ford)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Happy to help!

I believe the only body harness wiring I have going to another connector is for the clutch pedal on the trans harness.

i have gotten pretty far along in the last week its been fun dealing with a spagetti of wires

it seems as if im ending up with more than 7 wires left 15 to be exact im going to track back those circuits and see if i can figure out where they go

also on the c110 connector i searched up and down for pin 8 and cant seem to find what is the purpose of that pin

i see where you have a diagram for the brake switch by any chance do you remember witch pin of the body harness goes to the coyote pcm or are those left of the pcm

AnotherS197GT

Serial Valve Dropper
Reaction score
Pin 13 and 46 are brake inputs on the body harness. The pink/green wire sends a signal from the SJB that the coyote PCM can’t see though. Do you have diagrams for everything? I can email you all the diagrams and pinouts that I used.

fordave

dna (ford)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Pin 13 and 46 are brake inputs on the body harness. The pink/green wire sends a signal from the SJB that the coyote PCM can’t see though. Do you have diagrams for everything? I can email you all the diagrams and pinouts that I used.

that would be great
46 my harness does not have 13 i do its a violet white stripe wire also my pin 13 says its a evap canister vent control solenoid control

mine shows as pin 8 bieng the brake pedal position switch signal witch is a pink green wire

what year is your car

fordave

dna (ford)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
that would be great
46 my harness does not have 13 i do its a violet white stripe wire also my pin 13 says its a evap canister vent control solenoid control

mine shows as pin 8 bieng the brake pedal position switch signal witch is a pink green wire

what year is your car

finnally got down to 7 unused wires

im confused about the clutch switch is this a switch on the trans or on the pedal, also i have a tremec t56 magnum

how where you able to get the pats delete did you have to send out the pcm or can they send you a file for it

sorry for bieng a pain in the rear thank you so much for helping out

AnotherS197GT

Serial Valve Dropper
Reaction score
that would be great

what year is your car

Sorry, I was referring to where they need to go on the Coyote harness, not the original position on the 3V harness.

finnally got down to 7 unused wires

im confused about the clutch switch is this a switch on the trans or on the pedal, also i have a tremec t56 magnum

how where you able to get the pats delete did you have to send out the pcm or can they send you a file for it

sorry for bieng a pain in the rear thank you so much for helping out

Clutch switch is on the pedal.

I didn't need to send my PCM out. I think using the FRPP Control Pack tune as a base file will prevent you from needing to send the PCM out.

fordave

dna (ford)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Sorry, I was referring to where they need to go on the Coyote harness, not the original position on the 3V harness.

Clutch switch is on the pedal.

I didn't need to send my PCM out. I think using the FRPP Control Pack tune as a base file will prevent you from needing to send the PCM out.

looking at the fuel pump circuit it seems as if you can make the fuel pump module work from our cars did you try to make it work and had no luck

AnotherS197GT

Serial Valve Dropper
Reaction score
I never bothered to try and make the stock FPDM work. I had originally just had it set up so the pump always ran with the key on. I recently installed an 11+ FPDM and got it so that the car primes the fuel system with the key on and the pump only runs when the car is running.

fordave

dna (ford)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I never bothered to try and make the stock FPDM work. I had originally just had it set up so the pump always ran with the key on. I recently installed an 11+ FPDM and got it so that the car primes the fuel system with the key on and the pump only runs when the car is running.

ill give it a shot

i figured out the clutch circuit for the cruise control im going to set up the relay set up u posted is this just tied in to the existing switch wires

fordave

dna (ford)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

also the ac i know you mentioned i would have to wire in the transducer does our cars have that type of transducer or will i have to pick 1 up and install it to the 05 ac lines and wire it in

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
Clutch and brake switches:
The bottom clutch switch, (starter safety) from 05-09 will work. The top clutch switch (cruise disengage) is BACKWARDS, I purchased one for a '13. The PCM brake input is also different, 05-09 only has 2 wires. Again, I purchased a '13 brake switch (4 wires) so BOO1 and BOO2 work correctly. I used the leftover wire from my gas pedal (7 wires in 05-09) 6 wires on the '13 and added the 4th (PITA lol) wire for the brake switch.

A/C transducer is the same, only the pigtail connector is different. I cut the pigtail of the 07 V6 harness and used the 07 A/C transducer wired to the Coyote PCM.

Last edited:

fordave

dna (ford)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Clutch and brake switches:
The bottom clutch switch, (starter safety) from 05-09 will work. The top clutch switch (cruise disengage) is BACKWARDS, I purchased one for a '13. The PCM brake input is also different, 05-09 only has 2 wires. Again, I purchased a '13 brake switch (4 wires) so BOO1 and BOO2 work correctly. I used the leftover wire from my gas pedal (7 wires in 05-09) 6 wires on the '13 and added the 4th (PITA lol) wire for the brake switch.

A/C transducer is the same, only the pigtail connector is different. I cut the pigtail of the 07 V6 harness and used the 07 A/C transducer wired to the Coyote PCM.

juice thanks alot for that detailed info thats helps out to make things easier

i do notice the starter saftey clutch switch on the 05-09 has the clutch switch sending power to the pcm, whitch the 2012 clutch switch is sending a ground to the coyote pcm, and getting its power input straight from the key switch, what i did was ground out that pin at the pcm and pinned in the 05 clutch switch wire to the 12 volt input at the pcm, by any chance is this what you have done

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
juice thanks alot for that detailed info thats helps out to make things easier

i do notice the starter saftey clutch switch on the 05-09 has the clutch switch sending power to the pcm, whitch the 2012 clutch switch is sending a ground to the coyote pcm, and getting its power input straight from the key switch, what i did was ground out that pin at the pcm and pinned in the 05 clutch switch wire to the 12 volt input at the pcm, by any chance is this what you have done

I stuck to the 2013 wiring exactly as it is in the diagrams. This required 2 additional circuits for the brake input switch. I'm using the clutch (starter safety) switch as-is. I had to add a key on hot for the brake switch.

fordave

dna (ford)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You will have to buy one, along with the pigtail for it and wire it in.

I know you told me you changed over to the 2011 2014 ac system, by any chance did you have to change the evap to achieve this or did you make the 05 evap work, I can tell we have an orfice and the coyote has a expansion block so I'm just wondering if there is a way around from having to change it out thanks

AnotherS197GT

Serial Valve Dropper
Reaction score
I didn’t change anything but the pressure transducer. Probably not the right way to do it, but my AC blows cold and I have never seen the pressure go over 250 PSI or so.

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
I know you told me you changed over to the 2011 2014 ac system, by any chance did you have to change the evap to achieve this or did you make the 05 evap work, I can tell we have an orfice and the coyote has a expansion block so I'm just wondering if there is a way around from having to change it out thanks

I purchased a condenser for a '13, used the high pressure line that came with my junkyard engine. Everything hooked up as far as hoses on the A/C. Had a custom low pressure line made (dryer to compressor) A/C working fine since the build.

fordave

dna (ford)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I purchased a condenser for a '13, used the high pressure line that came with my junkyard engine. Everything hooked up as far as hoses on the A/C. Had a custom low pressure line made (dryer to compressor) A/C working fine since the build.

thank you to booth of you for replying

juice by any chance do you have any photos
I'm getting ready to install a hellion twin turbo kit and I was wanting to see if it will clear the headers or any thing else in that matter
also it would help to get a better idea of what you had done

if you don't mind you can pm the photos if its possible

again thanks a lot guys for all your help

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
thank you to booth of you for replying

juice by any chance do you have any photos
I'm getting ready to install a hellion twin turbo kit and I was wanting to see if it will clear the headers or any thing else in that matter
also it would help to get a better idea of what you had done

if you don't mind you can pm the photos if its possible

again thanks a lot guys for all your help

I will get you some pics, sure. Is there anything particular you need pics of? I'm running the stock shorty headers (that came with the engine)

fordave

dna (ford)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
i will get you some pics, sure. Is there anything particular you need pics of? I'm running the stock shorty headers (that came with the engine)

thank you juice

pics of the location where the orfice tube is located,and obvisouly you must of deleted your dryer bieng the coyote condensor has a dryer built into it, and the custom hose you made to get an idea of what you did thank you

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back