AnotherS197GT's Coyote Swap: The Valve Dropper Special

thegoodguy

Reaction score
IIRC, you need to pin in the 3 pins from the AC pressure transducer into the PCM and thats it. I did my AC a different way at first, then switched it to the 2011 style and had to "undo" a lot of the stuff I had done.

I'm no longer in Tampa, so unfortunately you coming to check the car out won't be an option anymore.

How were you able to send a request for AC to the PCM?

Based on the wiring drawings it happens over the can bus network.

I swapped over all the lines and condenser from an 11+ mustang including the 3 wire transducer. I wired up the AC clutch relay to be triggered by ACCR pin12 on the C175B plug. I tested the relay by grounding pin12 and I could hear the clutch engage on the AC compressor.

I just can't seem to get the PCM to trigger it. I have the 3 wire transducer routed to pins 56, 52, and 31 on C175B as shown in the wiring diagram.

HELP! lol How did you get it to work? Is there a aspect of it that needs to be addressed in the PCM tune?

AnotherS197GT

Serial Valve Dropper
Reaction score
How were you able to send a request for AC to the PCM?

Based on the wiring drawings it happens over the can bus network.

I swapped over all the lines and condenser from an 11+ mustang including the 3 wire transducer. I wired up the AC clutch relay to be triggered by ACCR pin12 on the C175B plug. I tested the relay by grounding pin12 and I could hear the clutch engage on the AC compressor.

I just can't seem to get the PCM to trigger it. I have the 3 wire transducer routed to pins 56, 52, and 31 on C175B as shown in the wiring diagram.

HELP! lol How did you get it to work? Is there a aspect of it that needs to be addressed in the PCM tune?

Yes, the tune needs to be changed in order for it to work. IIRC, the master pressure switch needs to be enabled in the tune. Mine is wired just as yours is.

thegoodguy

Reaction score
Yes, the tune needs to be changed in order for it to work. IIRC, the master pressure switch needs to be enabled in the tune. Mine is wired just as yours is.

Awesome Thanks! I was unaware that IIRC made reference to PCM tune changes from your previous post that I quoted. So with that said, the PCM see's the request over the can network when you press the AC button within the cabin then? No other physical wiring/mods required outside of enabling the master pressure switch?

AnotherS197GT

Serial Valve Dropper
Reaction score
Awesome Thanks! I was unaware that IIRC made reference to PCM tune changes from your previous post that I quoted. So with that said, the PCM see's the request over the can network when you press the AC button within the cabin then? No other physical wiring/mods required outside of enabling the master pressure switch?

IIRC = if I recall correctly. So yeah, the tune will need to be changed. Pretty sure the A/C request is an input from the HVAC module sent to the smart junction box, which then sends an A/C request over CAN since there is no direct A/C input from the HVAC module or SJB to the PCM.

thegoodguy

Reaction score
LOL @myself for not knowing "IIRC"... anyways thank you man. This response has helped me not spend more time on this than I have to... just need to address it in the tune. Really appreciate it!

thegoodguy

Reaction score
I just wanted to come back and confirm that everything is correct in regards to the discussion about AC between AnotherS197GT and myself. In case anyone stumbles upon this via a google search etc.

I got mines working, the 11-14 PCM does see the request for AC over can bus from the smart junction box. In my case and AnotherS197GT case we swapped over the entire set of AC lines from a 11+ mustang. No modification necessary, I used the 2008 mustang evap core, and a 11+ condenser and AC Compressor. I even used the expansion valve from the 11+ but the clearance from the intake manifold and AC lines is pretty close if using the expansion valve.

This is how much clearance you will have with the expansion valve, I did grind away some of the IM after this photo to create a little more clearance (not much more):

20181013_143353-2.jpg

This is without the IM on:

20181013_143759.jpg

Within HP tuners this is the AC parameter that needs to be enable for the pressure switch (enabled by default on regular PCMs form a mustang. Not sure about the Ford racing controls pack):

AC Pressure Switch.JPG

This is the PCM recognizing a request for AC from the 2008 mustang junction box over can bus:

Reques for AC.JPG

So it WORKS. Go get yours working. Thank you AnotherS197GT for responding. I was about to give up thinking it could not work. Appreciate the help!

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
Interesting on the AC parameters in the tune. Im not sure if my tuner set those in the control pack crate6 strategy he used as a base for my tune. My AC worked from day one.

However, there is a small mod I still need to do to my AC, since the low pressure switch is not hooked up. (At this time, I have to manually cycle AC or my evap will freeze up) It is just one wire at the C175B connector I need to run to the clutch relay. Depending on if it is a switched ground or switched +12v will determine how to mod the wiring.

thegoodguy

Reaction score
Interesting on the AC parameters in the tune. Im not sure if my tuner set those in the control pack crate6 strategy he used as a base for my tune. My AC worked from day one.

However, there is a small mod I still need to do to my AC, since the low pressure switch is not hooked up. (At this time, I have to manually cycle AC or my evap will freeze up) It is just one wire at the C175B connector I need to run to the clutch relay. Depending on if it is a switched ground or switched +12v will determine how to mod the wiring.

Hmm I haven't tested mines extensively yet. Car is not yet on the road. However, I hooked up the 3 wire transducer per the Ford wiring diagrams, I believe all the pins (from memory)/IIRC goes directly to C175B as well as the ground for the compressor AC clutch engagement relay comes from the PCM through C175B. I re-used the AC clutch relay from the fuse box. I can look into my wiring setup and post something on it later if interested. The PCM is in complete control now, WOT... compressor shutoff etc.

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
11&up does not have the low pressure (cycling) switch input to the PCM. But my 07 definitely does(did) have the low pressure switch for anti-icing of the evaporator. I didnt realize this till I ran the AC for enough time that airflow out of the vents started decreasing. I was like wth? lol AC is Fing cold that way.....for a while. :)

AnotherS197GT

Serial Valve Dropper
Reaction score
11&up does not have the low pressure (cycling) switch input to the PCM. But my 07 definitely does(did) have the low pressure switch for anti-icing of the evaporator. I didnt realize this till I ran the AC for enough time that airflow out of the vents started decreasing. I was like wth? lol AC is Fing cold that way.....for a while. :)

I need to do this as well since my core ices up too. I didn’t even think about using the pressure switch to cut off the compressor. I’ll see if I can get it wired up in a few weeks.

race4food

forum member
Reaction score
I wouldn't say that. Less boost yes, what I've seen is that most people forget 11-14 have way better geared transmission who play a huge role, yes the engine is way better but mating the engine with a 3650 like Dylan did will be different, he won't be able to match a bolt-on 11-14 with an MT-82, both well driven.

People focuses on engines and forget transmissions.
Is english not your first language? Have no idea what you just said.

race4food

forum member
Reaction score
I know who he is but I did not know he was not an English speaker, and I still have no idea what was said. Sorry.

race4food

forum member
Reaction score
The age of the thread is not important as it is of current interest as I’m doing. A coyote install. And the confusion is because the post doesn’t make sense because of the technical nature and a person who has English issues. I was making a statement and then a question, NOT a criticism. Maybe your confused with the difference. And considering you were never in the thread all you are doing is confusing the situation further and messing up a perfectly relevant thread about a coyote install and technical discussion to be a social justice warrior.

RED09GT

Equal Opportunity Offender
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
He is talking about the gear ratio differences between the 3650 and the MT 82. The difference in performance between the 05-10 GT and the 2011 GT was amplified by the lower gear ratios in the MT 82 vs the 3650 stock for stock.

race4food

forum member
Reaction score
Being that I agree the 3650 is a much better choice for performance, Weight and durability and the reason I’m keeping mine vs the POS MT82.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back