Anyone know what is going on with Livernois?

Dan Millen

Reaction score
Correct on the above, Dan's grandfather starting Livernois is how I have always heard it. Livernois motorsports is a newer thing. It was Carl Holbrook's shop forever, then Livernois for the last 10-12 years or so.

Denying any relationship whatsoever, especially by using the term "mother ship", wasn't really a very good idea. See pages 24 & 32: http://www.slideshare.net/maldred/livernois-vehicle-development-2013

And there's pesky old forum posts out there too: http://forum.grrrr8.net/showthread.php?t=3767

"We’ve always kind of worked with the big three and OEMs on different things, through our other company, Livernois Vehicle Development" http://www.stangtv.com/features/sho...at-michigan-powerhouse-livernois-motorsports/

Even on the livernois motorsports website: http://www.livernoismotorsports.com/downloads/aprnewslet07.pdf

That 2007 Ford F-650 w/ roll back sure looks like the truck that came and picked up my car after Livernois Motorsports sent me home with a motor that couldn't hold oil. Wonder if mom didnt take her toys back and is cashing out....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Shilaski/Livernois_vehicle

Its nice to see you guys here again!

Danner we have never been associated with Carl Holbrook. His son Chris worked here for a couple years when Stu Evans Motorsport went out of business.

The Company Livernois Vehicle Development has changed hands several times. Did we know people there yes. Do we know people there now no. Its been unrelated for some time. Like Andy quoted Livernois Engineering was actually owned by my grandfather and was purchased by Heatcraft better known to some as Lennox Heating and cooling which some of you have in your homes today. There are several machines he developed that made parts that are still in use today. Theres a lot of story that goes behind that. I'm not sure I can explain all of it on here.

Because of the past relationship we did use some of their services for example picking up Brian's car with there flatbed that we got invoiced for and paid for. Over the years though we have had less of a reason to call on them as the close relationships we had were no longer there.

We have NEVER been funded by them there is no "mothership" or relationship to Livernois Vehicle.

A company is only as good as people working and running the company. Today we have the best people working and running Livernois Motorsports period. I couldn't always say that in the past. Its a work in progress. 2011 was one of our best years, 2012 was even better and this year has surpassed last year! Were not going anywhere as long as we keep doing a good job!

Regards

Dan

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
I just want to clarify that while I was questioning the relationship between LM and LVD, I was in no way wishing ill will, or any negative anything upon LM. I was simply suggesting there was more to it than a simple "coincidence". Nothing more. I do wish nothing but the best for LM, and any Motorsport business, and would never wish or hope for any motorsport related business to fail (except BBR).

kdanner

forum member
Reaction score
Danner we have never been associated with Carl Holbrook. His son Chris worked here for a couple years when Stu Evans Motorsport went out of business.

Dan let me make it clear, I never said you had involvement with ol Captain Cobra Jet(RIP) other than he used to have the shop which became Stu Evans, then become Livernois. I left out the brief Stu Evans ownership which came between Carl and yourself. That deal was so short I forgot about it.

I really hope all is well with the business. This thing with LVD, it just could have been explained a bit better here than the initial denial of any relationship whatsoever and that would have immediately squashed any rumor mongering. I'm sure you agree.

Dan Millen

Reaction score
Dan let me make it clear, I never said you had involvement with ol Captain Cobra Jet(RIP) other than he used to have the shop which became Stu Evans, then become Livernois. I left out the brief Stu Evans ownership which came between Carl and yourself. That deal was so short I forgot about it.

I really hope all is well with the business. This thing with LVD, it just could have been explained a bit better here than the initial denial of any relationship whatsoever and that would have immediately squashed any rumor mongering. I'm sure you agree.

I don't agree please no hard feelings. We were Livernois Motorsports before Stu Evans went out of business. We were in the process of setting up a machine shop when they went out of business. We bought a couple pieces of equipment, some inventory which was at pennies on the dollar, and a couple of guys came an worked here. Period it wasn't any other way. You can make assumptions all you want but please keep that to yourself.

I don't know why I should feel the need to explain anything for LVD its not our company the only thing I need to explain is how were not related. Im sorry if you feel otherwise.

I hope we can move on from this topic as I feel like the same information is being said over an over. :deadhorse:

Regards
Dan

CPRsm

forum member
Reaction score
Pay attention son lol. It was an Inconnel exh valve, not Stainless intake valve. Huge difference in cost of material. Explained a few posts up

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Not really. They are still selling a valve for 63 bucks when others sell it for 44. I mean hey 19 dollars isnt a lot for some but when your building on a budget it is.

Andy@Livernois

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Not really. They are still selling a valve for 63 bucks when others sell it for 44. I mean hey 19 dollars isnt a lot for some but when your building on a budget it is.

considering that's substantially less than we PAY for it from manley (mind you, buying about 1000 at a time) my guess is it's a typo on that website, or very, very outdated pricing. Again, most companies out there that I have seen sell it for $63-64, we sold it for $60 plus shipping and are some how the bad guys? I don't see your logic in that.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
I'm sorry I posted that earlier. I was mistaken, I had no idea that was the going price for that valve. I was under a time constraint and this came up at the last minute, I didn't have the specs or the time to research and shop for the valve. I simply called Livernois and had them bill my credit card. I never knew the cost of the valve until I opened the box and saw the invoice. I was expecting $10-15, not $60 plus shipping. Until Andy posted about it here I wasn't aware those valves sell for $60 each elsewhere.

Andy@Livernois

Official Vendor
Reaction score
I'm sorry I posted that earlier. I was mistaken, I had no idea that was the going price for that valve. I was under a time constraint and this came up at the last minute, I didn't have the specs or the time to research and shop for the valve. I simply called Livernois and had them bill my credit card. I never knew the cost of the valve until I opened the box and saw the invoice. I was expecting $10-15, not $60 plus shipping.

Brian,

I appreciate the post. I apologize that no one let you know the costing on that and will look into that on our end. Simply put, that never should happen. We always want our customers to be informed, and while we might think that someone knows what something should cost, that is a poor assumption on someone's part here. I will get to the bottom of that and contact you via PM about it. It's been a pleasure speaking to you about this concern!

Weou09

forum member
Reaction score
I'm sorry I posted that earlier. I was mistaken, I had no idea that was the going price for that valve. I was under a time constraint and this came up at the last minute, I didn't have the specs or the time to research and shop for the valve. I simply called Livernois and had them bill my credit card. I never knew the cost of the valve until I opened the box and saw the invoice. I was expecting $10-15, not $60 plus shipping. Until Andy posted about it here I wasn't aware those valves sell for $60 each elsewhere.
Ok i have to ask, do you have 1 "John Force" spec valve and 23 stock valves? Why go with such an expensive intake valve on a 500hp build? Did you request that particular valve?

Last edited:

Andy@Livernois

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Ok i have to ask, do you have 1 "John Force" spec valve and 23 stoc. valves? Why go with such an expensive intake valve on a 500hp build? Did you request that particular valve?

1. It's an exhaust valve, not an intake valve

2. He has a set of ford racing stage 3 heads which utilize this valve, so it was required so.it matches his other 7 valves.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back