Appradio 2 w/GT500 Steering Wheel & Audio Controls in 07!

ChrisGT

Nice Shirt Bilkins
Reaction score
I do not have a wiring diagram for the button cluster. If you find one let me know! I would love to find a way to make all the buttons work. I have no idea what the other 5 wires do.

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
Well I finally got mine installed. I did not cut any of the loops on the PAC unit and I did not install the resistor. I think there is a way to get the other buttons to work with the radio but that is going to take a little more investigation. I didn't come to a realization until this morning about it. I also was unable to get the other buttons to work as a Boost Controller switch. The buttons have a constant path to them. They aren't momentary. Each time you press one it just changes the resistance in the circuit. In my case I need a quick pulse to ground instead. Finished result!

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
I got every button to work audio wise.
Music - mutes
Ok - changes source
Voice- hangs up call
Phone -answers call

More details to come

Here is a little drawing of the way I wired things. Keep in mind, I did not cut any of the loops on the wiring for the SWI-RC. I just ran it to radio power, grounded it, and then ran the white wire to my pigtail coming from the wpt connector. As someone else mentioned, they ran the 100ohm resistor in line with the purple wire. I did not do that and mine worked just fine. I did wire the 100 ohm resistor in the blue wire before the blue and purple meet up and go into the white wire.

Last edited:

fnfast

forum member
Reaction score
Home screen
2A9E9B77-B6A0-4623-81B9-3FE67878D338-2770-000002C654E41F9B_zps22d8d6aa.jpg

Dash command
3AEBA36E-A961-40B7-8618-A4B1B8B283E1-2770-000002C6628AA4E8_zpsee61dfb5.jpg

549A17FD-CBDE-4A82-AC3D-2F97CD10067D-2770-000002C667FF1172_zps5831020e.jpg

Pandora
C24AAE32-B604-49F1-B509-E12808895141-2770-000002C66DD60C32_zpsed60c171.jpg

Saleen304

forum member
Reaction score
I got every button to work audio wise.
Music - mutes
Ok - changes source
Voice- hangs up call
Phone -answers call

More details to come

Here is a little drawing of the way I wired things. Keep in mind, I did not cut any of the loops on the wiring for the SWI-RC. I just ran it to radio power, grounded it, and then ran the white wire to my pigtail coming from the wpt connector. As someone else mentioned, they ran the 100ohm resistor in line with the purple wire. I did not do that and mine worked just fine. I did wire the 100 ohm resistor in the blue wire before the blue and purple meet up and go into the white wire.

According to this diagram you should ground the yellow and green wires? When I do that the buttons activate without pushing them. If I hook it up and only ground the green wire, I cannot get the phone, ok, or sync buttons to do anything. I am using the Metra Axxess SWC so maybe it's different.

Doug M

Fast Cars & Freedom
Reaction score
Looks great guys!
Is everyone getting their wheel from Levington Ford? i think thats where i saw it for like 170.00

Saleen304

forum member
Reaction score
According to this diagram you should ground the yellow and green wires? When I do that the buttons activate without pushing them. If I hook it up and only ground the green wire, I cannot get the phone, ok, or sync buttons to do anything. I am using the Metra Axxess SWC so maybe it's different.

I figured it out with the help of tech support. For the Axxess SWC you need to ground the yellow wire (as shown) and connect the blue wire to the gray/red wire on the axxess harness. Then manually program the buttons. Viola, I can now launch Siri straight from my steering wheel and all my buttons are functional.

Attachments

• STEERINGWHEELWIRING_zpsf17a5d01.jpg
    STEERINGWHEELWIRING_zpsf17a5d01.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 254
Last edited:

isthatguy

forum member
Reaction score
for some reason my subs no longer work after I hooked up the app radio (shaker 1000) any idea what I may have missed?

MikeGT

Reaction score
Thanks for the great write-up... I ran into a bit of a speed-bump with the same mod.

I bought a 2012 GT500 steering with the leather/ alcantara, along with an AXXESS aswc-1 Steering button controller.

When I removed the airbag of the old (2009 GT Premium) Steering to expose the connector and plug... The wires on the plug did not match the colors referred to in the write-up. :helpme:

For example, I had no white-wire on the plug... It was Pink...

Am I missing something here...?

I decided to call it quits for the day and re-installed the airbag. All parts are comfortably waiting on the back-seat.

RetroGT2006

06 S197 Member
Reaction score
I am kind of stumped... I installed the new style wheel out of my buddies 13/14 RS3. Everything went great. Well yesterday I realized my horn doesn't work when I press down on it while driving. I pulled off the airbag this morning and the connector does not fit. Its completely different. So tomorrow I am pulling the button harness out of my 06 Premium GT steering wheel and swapping it into my new one in hopes it'll get my horn working.. I have yet to tackle the audio controls, I was limited on money so I figured let me just get the new wheel in and horn working first.

eddieval5

forum member
Reaction score
I am kind of stumped... I installed the new style wheel out of my buddies 13/14 RS3. Everything went great. Well yesterday I realized my horn doesn't work when I press down on it while driving. I pulled off the airbag this morning and the connector does not fit. Its completely different. So tomorrow I am pulling the button harness out of my 06 Premium GT steering wheel and swapping it into my new one in hopes it'll get my horn working.. I have yet to tackle the audio controls, I was limited on money so I figured let me just get the new wheel in and horn working first.

You figure out your horn not working?

Back