Awesome Hellion Dyno numbers

gtmiller1001

forum member
Reaction score
I think a key take-away here is that these numbers impressed a Hellion dealer when they are actually right inline w/the advertised numbers of the "base kit" (which this clearly is not). So if it's impressive when you make the numbers you're supposed to make what happens in the every day, not so impressive case??

the story is...no mods, stock hellion kit. flat boost curve @ 3lbs, 7lbs, and 9lbs. all pulls taken to 7,000rpm. any other questions?

Yes.

How did you get a stock hellion kit with a vband waste gate?

Last edited by a moderator:

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
Generally when something seems off, or doesn't make sense, it's because it's not accurate.

I'd like to see all the facts, as the numbers just don't add up.

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
Alright who has got the Orville Redenbacher?!?

Butter or Kettlecorn sir??

You boys are funny! Glad I had just finished my apple.

Since we're story telling I faxued this girl the other night. True story, but you'll have to call her to get details on how good I taste.

WTF.......

I'm calling BS on 3psi adding to equal the 550. You are trying to shovel me that you picked up over 170 hp on 3psi. :idea:Either I'm not up on the 5.0's and boost numbers or someones off their rocker.

5PointOHNO

forum member
Reaction score
I thought it would make more than 600RWHP for sure.... some of the centri powered cars are doing 620-630 with a Boss intake and 8.5-9psi.

Nonetheless, the hellions are awesome and make a lot more TQ

chuck@evoperform

Boss surgeon
Official Vendor
Reaction score
If you notice the torque falls off more and more dramatically with more boost. The problem with the Hellion kit is that there is such high back pressure in the exhaust that at higher boost levels at the higher rpms the exhaust valves start to float.

NickSezz

NJSEOS
Reaction score
"Somebody" I talk to that is developing a twin turbo kit for the 5.0 commented that a singe turbo on this motor "sucks"...twin turbo, "baddass." I forgot to ask why.... : ( OP..evidence?

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
"Somebody" I talk to that is developing a twin turbo kit for the 5.0 commented that a singe turbo on this motor "sucks"...twin turbo, "baddass." I forgot to ask why.... : ( OP..evidence?

That sounds like you heard a real unbiased opinion....lol

Bigmack2012Gb

Roll Racer
Reaction score
Every time I read threads about people making awesome power and then someone asking a few questions i never see them get answered when it comes to the Hellion Turbo systems on a 2011+. My buddy has a hellion on his 2008 and its pretty awesome. The only Hellion kits i see that seem to be running good have too many upgraded parts from the stock kit. Is that just so they run right?

CPRsm

forum member
Reaction score
Looks like Hellion sent another scout out to do their bidding.

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
Then the price should be a lot lower like an On3 turbo kit and then all the stuff that comes with it can get trashed or sold and then stuff that works can get used.

CPRsm

forum member
Reaction score
^^ Yes. You can see the hp peaked 2k sooner on 9 psi than it did on lower boost. Made less power at 6 and 7k than at 5. Turbo tidbit: Back pressure kills Hp. Torque remains pretty much the same. Valve springs do not cure this problem.

CPRsm

forum member
Reaction score
Hmmmm. There are a few different ways. Proper sized turbine, and pressure differential across the turbine are a good place to start. About all I can say until I show you.

JoshK

Modder AKA Fuel
Reaction score
Wow, here we go again. Another 2011+ Hellion thread with no one answering the real questions. How many times do we have to do this!

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back