BBK Soon to Release 85mm Throttle Body for 2011 5.0 Mustang - Looks awesome!

ngnichols

forum member
Reaction score
I agree it needs to be tested before you can say its worthless. Why would Ford test and potentially market it if it was worthless? But then again maybe it is worthless and they won't market it. We will just have to wait and see and test.

Just because there is a lip doesn't mean it can't have the potential to make more power.

Thank you.

wbt is a jackass with a big mouth who loves to post his .02 in EVERY topic.

I'll leave it to guys like Livernois, JDM, JPC, BBR, etc. to tell me whether it's "useless" or not.

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
Thank you.

wbt is a jackass with a big mouth who loves to post his .02 in EVERY topic.

I'll leave it to guys like Livernois, JDM, JPC, BBR, etc. to tell me whether it's "useless" or not.

What have "you" done for the community? Spill the beans. Show us your experience and knowledge.

If you are going to bad mouth someone then you better have something to back it up with.

You are the same type that takes every vendor's word as gospel. 35WHP from LT's, 40WHP from a CAI, 25WHP from a tune, 20WHP from a TB, Boss intakes that are guaranteed shipped and somehow now lost or stuck in a hub somewhere....:wtf:

.....you will have the most powerful 5.0 on the planet with simple bolt-on's. You go buddy! :crazy:

You ever sat down and put a combination of parts together based on specs to determine the best way to produce power?

Stick that 90mm TB on your 83mm intake and beat the hair off it, go stroke your 15WHP cat-back, keep wondering what's wrong, make excuses.....:wgaf:

Use the ignore feature for me...I have just returned the favor.

KonaGT

forum member
Reaction score
If Ford racing does decide to offer a 90mm to the public I will more than likely buy one as long as it is not ridiculously priced. And I will be more than happy to report my findings whether they are bad or good.

My comparisons will be from the track more than likely and not the dyno.

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
If Ford racing does decide to offer a 90mm to the public I will more than likely buy one as long as it is not ridiculously priced. And I will be more than happy to report my findings whether they are bad or good.

My comparisons will be from the track more than likely and not the dyno.

Absolutely fair and I think that is great for the community. :thumb2:

Germeezy3

forum member
Reaction score
BBK's TB's are nothing but JUNK especially for DBW cars but in general. Go with a FRPP Throttle Body or L&M (who is the only company not directly linked with Ford doing it right....)

We got a BBK throttle body for an amazing deal for your 3V Project car, it met the trash can after hours spent installing it and trying to get it to run right.

Absolutely fair and I think that is great for the community. :thumb2:

I agree, and I think your posts are well thought out for the most parts. Apparently no one likes the devils advocates on here!

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
We got a BBK throttle body for an amazing deal for your 3V Project car, it met the trash can after hours spent installing it and trying to get it to run right.

I agree, and I think your posts are well thought out for the most parts. Apparently no one likes the devils advocates on here!

Thanks. I just want what is fair for everyone. It is not about me, it is for the community as a whole. I love to see folks test different combos, think things through, come up with ideas and report it. Helps everyone out. Not one person has all the answers. For example, JJ did a great job with the Boss intake testing, JPC going off and working on their own header design and cams, L&M producing a 82mm TB, LMS adding new info about the Boss intake install, Evolution cutting teeth in factory stock/running the quickest 5.0 on the planet....I enjoy the Hell out of that stuff and it benefits everyone.

...then there are those vendors out there who are looking to push parts, can't keep their word, posting inflated numbers, etc... There is no place for that IMO. Misleading and dis-honest.

I can be opinionated, a bit short and will admit that but there is usually a driving force and probably mis-understood/interpreted at times. Not one for politics am I. ;)

KonaGT

forum member
Reaction score
Whether it is vendors or just the general public, people need to get called out on mis-information. That is how non-sense gets started. It is one thing to voice your opinion, but when people start claiming stuff as the gospel because their neighbors cousin tried it, well that is no good.

I have no problem admitting I am wrong, and when I am unsure of something I will just say it is my opinion. I am here to learn and if I get proven wrong and learn something in the process that is great.

Pushy/Greedy vendors can and do ruin forums. I have seen it before.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

Unless you have a defective TB your shop is incompetent; I know 3 people locally that have them and have zero issues with them.

Ironic that you side with WBT about his posts being good, this coming from the king of trolling the kills section and arguing with everyone in there.

Agree with the other people that WBT's "scientific" approach to determing whether or not a part works is skewed; however, he does have a point with regard to the TB/intake opening; installing a TB that has an opening larger than the intake opening is not going to gain a thing.

Rob72

No Japanese Mustang Here
Reaction score
The only problem that I had with my BBK TB on my 3V was the thread lock Ford put on the TB bolts.

Germeezy3

forum member
Reaction score
Unless you have a defective TB your shop is incompetent; I know 3 people locally that have them and have zero issues with them.

Ironic that you side with WBT about his posts being good, this coming from the king of trolling the kills section and arguing with everyone in there.

Agree with the other people that WBT's "scientific" approach to determing whether or not a part works is skewed; however, he does have a point with regard to the TB/intake opening; installing a TB that has an opening larger than the intake opening is not going to gain a thing.

Because you know 3 people locally that have them does that make your opinion about them scientific? I am saying that his posts have logic behind them and that there is nothing wrong with being skeptical about absurd claims.

Back