Blow my car or get a termi, guys weigh in:)

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Lol. Those are all gone except the 93 coupe. Probably a m90 or saleen 5 or procharger??

What are your power goals? Thoes are ok blowers but the M90 is pretty much done from the get go, no growing room and for the money they cost there are better choice.

notastockdohc

forum member
Reaction score
430-460. In that range. Enough to to keep it somewhat safe on stock internals. My 96 cobra was 480hp all day stock engine no issues. The current owner has had no issues either.

07ponyJL

forum member
Reaction score
I have never personally owned a terminator, I wish, but my cousin had one and it was a very quick car, I would agree with everyone on here the s197 cars seem to be together a little bit more where the terminator lacks. The termi motors are savage and would take just about everything he could throw at it but had a serious problem with traction and wheel hop. May not help but it's my $.02 I would blow the 3V

Kimura

!> /\/\
Reaction score
Please, stop saying "termi". God kills a puppy everytime someone uses that term because it's so stupid.

Shane361

forum member
Reaction score
Please, stop saying "termi". God kills a puppy everytime someone uses that term because it's so stupid.

This...say that on SVTP..ha ha.

I cant help much here. I had the option to get a new 05GT or a used 04 Cobra and that was a no brainer. Bought the "TERMINATOR" and eventually put a twin screw on it. When they 11 5.0 came out I bought one of them and they are two different animals. Personally I cant stand the looks of the 05-09 but I can understand the guys saying to have it blown and not go with the 04 Cobra. Interiors are crap and the IRS can be upgraded or a solid thrown in. I wont lie..to this day when I see an 03/04 Cobra I pee just a little. No 05-09 has ever done that....even 10+ dont do that. :boobies: You just never know what your up against when lining up to one but you can assume it's atleast 500rwhp.

Last edited:

Grabber

Coyote Snob Member
Reaction score
Grabber has had both and a mach 1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatwat

:) I've stopped posting in threads like this because of the biased fan boys. If rather avoid an argument.

Both ate great cars. /thread.

Sent via morse code through a fax machine.

HankyGT

Make it three yards mf'r
Reaction score
I wish I bought a terminator over my 06. I wish I bought a vette over my 06.

Some people just can't get into the s197 'big body' cars. Too many limitations on the 3v for the $ imo.

Swarzkopf

forum member
Reaction score
Too many limitations on the 3v for the $ imo.

Depends on your goals. Into the high 11s the 3V seems decent, at least in my experience. Past that and it's not a problem making power, it's a problem not blowing up.

I will say that compared to my Foxes, SN95s, and single New Edge my S197 is a much nicer, more solid overall car. My '05 has been my favorite Mustang I've owned so far. I really loved my first one ('92 LX), but that was more of a sentimental thing. :D

Edit: Since this thread is about 03/04 Cobras vs blown 3Vs- it really depends on your goals, like said before. If making 'real' power and going 'fast' is your goal, the Cobra blows the 3V out of the water.

flyfaster1

Reaction score
agreed

This...say that on SVTP..ha ha.

I cant help much here. I had the option to get a new 05GT or a used 04 Cobra and that was a no brainer. Bought the "TERMINATOR" and eventually put a twin screw on it. When they 11 5.0 came out I bought one of them and they are two different animals. Personally I cant stand the looks of the 05-09 but I can understand the guys saying to have it blown and not go with the 04 Cobra. Interiors are crap and the IRS can be upgraded or a solid thrown in. I wont lie..to this day when I see an 03/04 Cobra I pee just a little. No 05-09 has ever done that....even 10+ dont do that. :boobies: You just never know what your up against when lining up to one but you can assume it's atleast 500rwhp.

I agree with that 100%, they just look badass, have some balls, and just something about them rock with me. I always tell my woman to shut her trap when one rolls up next me in my daily driver, now she knows to do so. I miss my silver 04 but at some point I will have my s197 and an 03-04 again, both of them.:beer:

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
I'm not a huge fan of the 03/04 body style. Although I do like it.

If you can get past the interior which sucks IMO and find a good one at a good price these cars are great $/hp value. They match up well against the new 5.0 mod for mod and do it for less money.

If it were me though. I'd just keep the 3v if it were paid off.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'm not a huge fan of the 03/04 body style. Although I do like it.

If you can get past the interior which sucks IMO and find a good one at a good price these cars are great $/hp value. They match up well against the new 5.0 mod for mod and do it for less money.

If it were me though. I'd just keep the 3v if it were paid off.

I agree the new edges were not attractive but the cobra's had enough ground effects and other stuff to make them a lot better looking.

I don't agree that they can match up to the 5.0's for less money though...CAI intake, X pipe and tune and you are at 420 hp; I had to have a full Bassini exhaust, steigmeister ported eaton, 2.76 pulley, JLT CAI, 4 lb lower and a tune to hit 470 hp and it cost a lot more that what the CAI/X pipe/tune for a 5.0 costs.

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
They match up well when you consider that you can get 550+whp cars, low miles, for well under 25K. Yeah I compared a used car to a new one. I did it. Sue me. lol

Once you get past that hang up about "fairness" when comparing new to used. A cobra destroys the 5.0 for the $.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Have you owned an 03/04 Cobra?

We will disagree on the cobra destroying the 5.0.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back