BMR Watts Link - Teaser

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I may need to switch it out soon. May be going to 12" rear wheels and it is very close with a 315 on a 10.5. Not sure what can work as the whiteline seemed to be the one design that provided a bunch more tire clearance. Can't tell if the BMR bar does or not. I want a very soft bar too. #1stworldproblems
The adjustable BMR rear bar should provide just as much tire clearance add the Whiteline one. They are both only as wide as the end links. (They don't extend father outboard than the end links.)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk

tbrock

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have a few customers running FRPP bars. I believe they had to find some long end links to make it work. I also know of someone running the Roush rear bar. The watts link will definitely work with OEM bars and our SB042 kit. For those of you trying to install other sway bars with the watts, you may be able to flip the bar to gain additional clearance.

I'm running a FRP(Eibach made) sway bar that came on my Shelby GT with the BMR unit and it works. However as mentioned above you have to use either the Steeda or BMR Sway bar end links. The Ford links are shorter and cause the bar to hit the BMR unit. A couple of pictures for you. If you go with the Steeda links for the FRP/Eibach bar you'll need to pick up a smaller inner diameter bushing as the Steeda bushing are for a 1" bar.

Attachments

• BMR Pass.JPG
    BMR Pass.JPG
    133.1 KB · Views: 21
  • BMR Watts drivers.JPG
    BMR Watts drivers.JPG
    129.3 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

Speedboosted

Found missing cylinders
Reaction score
I have a few customers running FRPP bars. I believe they had to find some long end links to make it work. I also know of someone running the Roush rear bar. The watts link will definitely work with OEM bars and our SB042 kit. For those of you trying to install other sway bars with the watts, you may be able to flip the bar to gain additional clearance.

That's right, I forgot you mentioned that to me earlier. But what's the point of a ford racing bar without the awesome end links? It's the same as the factory bars aside from the bushings (and end links)

Edit: Didn't see the above post. I guess that still looks good haha, so I'll rephrase what I said to not a direct fit.

See?

We didn't leave everyone out!

;)

Truuuue, sowwy Kelly. It is a pretty looking watts at least.

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I can't get my BMR rear bar to fit with my Corsa exhaust. :-(

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk

frank s

at Play
Reaction score
I'm running a FRP(Eibach made) sway bar that came on my Shelby GT with the BMR unit and it works....If you go with the Steeda links for the FRP/Eibach bar you'll need to pick up a smaller inner diameter bushing as the Steeda bushing are for a 1" bar.

I got the Steeda links to use with the H&R rear bar (26mm). Steeda sent the smaller bushings and eventually said something to the effect "you could have specified the size you need", although I didn't see the option on the ordering pages.

They were quick to make it right, at no charge.

tbrock

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I got the Steeda links to use with the H&R rear bar (26mm). Steeda sent the smaller bushings and eventually said something to the effect "you could have specified the size you need", although I didn't see the option on the ordering pages.

They were quick to make it right, at no charge.

They said the same thing when I called them. I picked up a set at local parts store so I didn't have to wait for the other set to show up.

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
Well, I guess I must be lucky, because I am running the Ford Racing sway bars with the end links that came in the kit (full disclosure...I got the sway bars and end links used from a fellow well known S197forum member, so they may not be the original FR end links that came with the kit new). They look similar to the Steeda end links, without the Steeda name etched into them. But they are definitely NOT the same. Maybe FR changed up the end links during later production runs.

I'll try to get a picture up later today if I can get under my car well enough to snap a cell phone pic.

tbrock

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well, I guess I must be lucky, because I am running the Ford Racing sway bars with the end links that came in the kit (full disclosure...I got the sway bars and end links used from a fellow well known S197forum member, so they may not be the original FR end links that came with the kit new). They look similar to the Steeda end links, without the Steeda name etched into them. But they are definitely NOT the same. Maybe FR changed up the end links during later production runs.

I'll try to get a picture up later today if I can get under my car well enough to snap a cell phone pic.

The Eibach links that came on my Shelby GT are 5" and some change the steeda/stock/bmr are all 6" and some change. just enough to let it clear.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Looking forward to finally getting my Watts Link installed, as well as the one for the GF's Shelby.
Had them sitting in the basement, haven't even opened the boxes yet, since I bought them during the Black Friday sale last year I think ...
First autocross for the year for us is scheduled May 7th, hope to have both cars running the Links for that

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score

Here's a few pics of the Ford Racing sway bar with the BMR WL on my car:

IMG_0844_zpstd8wrhax.jpg

IMG_0845_zpsnpeqngon.jpg

IMG_0843_zpsbythohdy.jpg

tbrock

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Here's a few pics of the Ford Racing sway bar with the BMR WL on my car:

IMG_0844_zpstd8wrhax.jpg

IMG_0845_zpsnpeqngon.jpg

IMG_0843_zpsbythohdy.jpg

Interesting they look like the Eibach/FRP links I took off. I wonder if they changed the length?

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Installed the BMR Watts link on my car yesterday and I gotta say, the instructions kinda sucked.
The bag of hardware would've been nice if there was some way to identify the bolts/nuts besides measuring each one before using it, and I was missing 2 washers that the instructions mentioned to use.
Had 1 extra 3/8" bolt, hope I didn't have to use it somewhere, like the never-mentioned spacer that's supposed to go on the driver side of the car where the panhard bar used to be mounted:

20160708_BMR-Watts-spacer.jpg

I drove the car a couple of miles with that nut sitting in the relocation bracket, totally forgot about it after removing the bolt and panhard bar, remembered about it this morning when I was under the fiancee's Shelby looking around.
Luckily the nut/bracket assembly was still in the relo bracket area and I was able to install that spacer and button it back up.

Also, the center section of the main Watts large beam thing is very damn near touching the spare tire well, is this the way it's supposed to be?

20160707_BMR-Watts17.jpg

Also, I had to add some 1-2mm thick washers to the long thing bolts going toward the diff cover since they looked like they would've contacted the diff cover during up/down diff movement, so I effectively shortened them using the washers to provide more clearance:

20160707_BMR-Watts13.jpg

The rest of my install, hope I did it right:

20160707_BMR-Watts16.jpg

20160707_BMR-Watts15.jpg

20160707_BMR-Watts08.jpg

20160707_BMR-Watts07.jpg

20160707_BMR-Watts12.jpg

This ^^^ pic is from yesterday, showing the missing spacer on the driver-side that I just installed today (top pic)

Last edited:

Candy10

forum member
Reaction score
Looking at your install, and the pic's others posted, your clearance issue with the diff cover would be the direction you installed the bolts. You have the nuts on the diff side, fits better with them on the outside.

BMR Tech 2

Kelly's Replacement Lackey
Reaction score
Looking at your install, and the pic's others posted, your clearance issue with the diff cover would be the direction you installed the bolts. You have the nuts on the diff side, fits better with them on the outside.

This. You installed the bolts backwards. We have the same diff cover on our 2011 without any clearance issues. Flip the bolts and you'll be fine. Everything else looks great.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
As long as it doesn't affect durability, I'm gonna leave it alone.
Just wish the directions were a bit clearer, the pictures clearer and larger, maybe color???, and if they mentioned something about that driver side spacer, that would've been nice

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Looks good Gabe!

As for the PHR sleeve and the bolt issue.

The bolt (nut) doesnt look like it will be an issue. If not, let it ride. I agree that it would be nice to show a clearer pic of it. At the same time though, it can really be used either way.... We have learned when that is the case, being more generic with it is usually better in the long run.

As for the PHR sleeve. Well, if you do not have a set of LCA Brackets that utilize that mounting point, then you do not need the sleeve or the PHR bolt.

IF you have LCA brackets that use it, then you do. That was likely something that we threw in at the end of development and forgot to mention it. Naturally, if you need it then you would realize so when you remove a mounting point that holds on another part (like the brackets)

Looks great! Enjoy sir, and thanks for the support!!!!

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
This. You installed the bolts backwards. We have the same diff cover on our 2011 without any clearance issues. Flip the bolts and you'll be fine. Everything else looks great.

Thanks for the emails, by the way. I'm going to try to play around with my sway bar this weekend so I can get a Watts link. :thumb:

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Installing the BMR Watts on the fiancee's Shelby and having interference issues between the rear swaybar and the Watts.
Swaybar is factory piece, factory end links too.

How can I fix this other than removing the swaybar or replacing the bar/links assembly?

20160721_BMR_Watts01.jpg

20160721_BMR_Watts02.jpg

20160721_BMR_Watts03.jpg

20160721_BMR_Watts04.jpg

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back