BMR Watts Link - Teaser

B2B

forum member
Reaction score
The vent on my 2011 is on the passenger side... Just sayin'...

claudermilk

Reaction score
By no means is this proof that it's consistent, but in looking under several cars it would appear that '05-10 vents are on the passenger side and '11-14 vents are on the driver side. There may be exceptions, or it may be totally random, but across the 10 or so cars I've looked at and/or worked on that has been true.

LOL well, there you go... <facepalm> Ultimately, regardless of how it works (probably random based on the mood/sobriety of the guy who installs them that day), the part has to work for both cases anyway.

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score

You may well have gotten a left over 2010 axle. My 2010 has the vent on the pass side. I have looked at over 30 cars in many events..and the 05-10 cars have the vent on the pass side..and all the 11+ cars have it on the driver's side.

Steeda makes a trunk mounted axle vent in 2 versions... for pass side and also driver's side. IMO, I wouldn't want a trunk mounted vent, the tubing would have to be long enough to factor in suspension travel. If friction modifier was used, the car would reek.

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Revision has been completed.

Working on the "product release" process right now.

Finishing up installation instructions this week...then it's only a matter of time before we get the materials delivered, start production, and announce availability.

When we build, and offer new parts...we typically build a batch of 25-50 before we announce availability, and take orders.

The 2015 Mustang stuff has set us back a little on this, but we are trying to get it out as soon as possible. No one wants them shipping out of our facility more than us.

We are still working on finalizing the price point. It will either be around the same as the others out there, or much lower. It really depends on the strategy we take. One of the downfalls of not being among the first to release parts (pricing)

I hope to update the thread this week with some pre-production teaser shots.

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
why is this not already under our tree's for christmas, do you hate us kelly? why do you hate us and our money....

hah

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
We are still working on finalizing the price point. It will either be around the same as the others out there, or much lower. It really depends on the strategy we take. One of the downfalls of not being among the first to release parts (pricing)

I hope to update the thread this week with some pre-production teaser shots.

It's not cool that there's now talk of a price point "around the same as the others out there"

I've been quietly following this thread, and was very excited when you announced that it might be around $500 ... then it went higher, now there's a chance it might be $900 ???

No thanks, not at that price

Sartol

Reaction score
Well Fay 2 is around $675 and is what i'm looking at right now due to SCCA ESP current rules. But Moving to CAM but want the car still STU and ESP able.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Reaction score
Well Fay 2 is around $675 and is what i'm looking at right now due to SCCA ESP current rules. But Moving to CAM but want the car still STU and ESP able.
Have you seen the 2015 rules draft yet?

ST & SP Solid axle suspension allowances said:
Differential covers and attaching hardware may be replaced.
The draft was posted to the SCCA site only 3 days ago. Sounds like it's going to be legal to me, but maybe Sam will chime in.

Norm

Last edited:

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
It's not cool that there's now talk of a price point "around the same as the others out there"

I've been quietly following this thread, and was very excited when you announced that it might be around $500 ... then it went higher, now there's a chance it might be $900 ???

Our target price point was $500-$600. Was hoping for a $500 solution.

The problem is, we made a $500 piece....and well, it was a $500 Watts Link.

That said, I never said $900. As mentioned above, there are options for <$700.

GoneFord

forum member
Reaction score
Our target price point was $500-$600. Was hoping for a $500 solution.

The problem is, we made a $500 piece....and well, it was a $500 Watts Link.

That said, I never said $900. As mentioned above, there are options for <$700.

BMR's pieces are always top shelf and their prices are right. You don't remain an industry leader by overpricing parts...

I look forward to adding this solid piece of engineering to my ride.

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
BMR's pieces are always top shelf and their prices are right. You don't remain an industry leader by overpricing parts...

I look forward to adding this solid piece of engineering to my ride.

+1. I am glad that you guys didn't offer us a $500 watts link. I'm sure the quality of the piece would live up to the reputation that BMR has built throughout the years but I doubt it would have been nearly as good as some of the other pieces out there that you would be competing against.

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
Although $500 would have been a bargain, I agree that <$700 is a reasonable price for a quality watts link for our cars. I'm still in!

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Some shots from the installation instructions we are finishing up.

It's almost here. ;)

UNDRTKR

forum member
Reaction score
Looks good! I've ran the phase2 and white line units and looking forward to trying this one.

05gtowner

forum member
Reaction score

I feel the same way. I was interested in it when the talk was around $5-600. However now it isn't looking that way so i am on the fence about it. I don't race just like having a well handling car for a track day or two. So this isn't a must have but I was looking forward to what BMR could come up with at the original price range they mentioned. Oh well, with the market so diverse another choice certainly doesn't hurt especially those in the market for something from BMR.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back