BMR Watts Link - Teaser

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
I don't see it being an issue on a street car. If it does prove to be an issue, well then we will address it. I mean, it won't sit lower than the OEM exhaust. Aftermarket exhaust, it will definitely tuck up in there nicely, in comparison.

Here is a pic showing roughly where the "point" of the Watts will hang to. Notice, it will be roughly in between the LCA Brackets, and the pumpkin. Tucked higher than OEM exhaust.

I wish I could get our car off the lift to show some on ground full weight pictures, but we are installing our rotating assembly int he block right now. Hope to have it done by weeks end. We do have the OEM Exhaust on ours, so it will be a good indicator.

Again, it should sit pretty similar to the sway bar in the pic I posted previously....which I have never seen someone complain about on a street driven car.

Yagermeister

Reaction score
Looking forward to the BMR Watts on my car! I've never scraped my relo brackets so I'm not worried about the Watts scraping.

Kobie

forum member
Reaction score
Looking forward to the BMR Watts on my car! I've never scraped my relo brackets so I'm not worried about the Watts scraping.

Try sending your car through the automatic car wash. I made that mistake. Once.

Boaisy

Dark Knight
Reaction score
Try sending your car through the automatic car wash. I made that mistake. Once.

I did that a couple times, but not since I've lowered the car. Even though it scrapes, the relo's don't show any major damage. However, it only scraped at the start for me. After a few inches it stopped.

Since I have a different work schedule now, I'm more willing to do a proper car wash. If I ever do an auto wash, it'll be one that doesn't move the car.

Last edited:

Kobie

forum member
Reaction score
Mine made it through the autowash about 6 feet before the attendant pushed the panic button. Had to back it off the rail. Handwash every since!

nelsonbullitt

forum member
Reaction score
LCA relocation brackets are next to the tire. I've had them on 2 different S197s. They are not a problem because they are so close to the tire, so comparing their location to the center of the diff is not a good or fair comparison.

The comment "if it proves to be an issue" is too late. If the bottom of the watts link catches on something Kelly, it will do serious damage.

I am not on this site to try and hurt you or your company. I have owned several BMR products in the past. No complaints.

I would love to try your product, but the clearance IS and ISSUE. Seriously. If one enthusiast catches that "V" shaped bottom on something including the flat pavement, you will receive negative fallout on the forums.

The part looks great except for the clearance. In AZ or FLA it may be no problem, but in the northern states with serious chuck holes, etc. it very well may be.

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Fair enough.

If it becomes an issue, we may sell it is a race only part. ;)

At that point, maybe we will call our diff mount version the "Street" piece, and the Chassis Mount the "race" kit.

BadPiggy

Hooligan Asshole
Reaction score
$550! Count me in if it fits verts

There is no reason it couldn't work with a vert....

If you take the vert braces off...

As for making it work with the vert braces... you'll have to ask Kelly if you need to remove them or if you can use some of the other mounting points to accomplish the goal.

The best solution to the vert problem is to not buy a vert in the first place... but what do I know! :)

When the Whiteline first come out, it plainly stated "not for verts."
Reason...those damn braces.
The braces have to be removed to run the WL in a vert.
I would venture to say it'll be the same way for the BMR WL.

Those braces are for the structural integrity of the car, to prevent it from folding like an accordion.
Yes, the WL will work with a vert if the braces are removed.

Now, with that said...and I'm no lawyer....
I would highly advise Kelly not to state that it'll work with a vert.
As a matter of fact, I would recommend one of 2 things...
Either label it as "not for verts" or "race use only" in the product description and installation instructions.
STRICTLY for BMR to cover BMR's ass.

If BMR and/or Kelly are ok with liability suits, label it how they wish.
Just be prepared for one of many lawsuits.

Again, I'm no lawyer...but I can see the writing on the wall.

2013DIBGT

I Hate Wheelhop
Reaction score
Mine made it through the autowash about 6 feet before the attendant pushed the panic button. Had to back it off the rail. Handwash every since!

Took mine thru the Autowash "ONCE" and got this scar here to remind me of how dumb of an idea it was. Bare in mind that my Relo Brackets are fairly low profile also but it didn’t matter in this case.

Luckily they were welded on otherwise it would have gotten real ugly :dunce:

Moral of the story...you gotta take an extra measure of Heed to everything ground clearance related once you start hanging parts off a car that sit lower then the OEM originally intended.

15891810774_881d9b2160_o.png

Back