BMR Watts Link - Teaser

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Oh man.

It is going to take us YEARS to make money on this thing, after we release it.

I know no one wants to hear this, but, we have to redesign it. Or, I should say, revise.

There are some issues we have run into, when testing. Honestly, we could start shipping these out as is, in a week or two....but we just cannot do it. I want to make sure this part is right.

Sorry guys. I will share pics of the new design as soon as I can.

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
There are some issues we have run into, when testing. Honestly, we could start shipping these out as is, in a week or two....but we just cannot do it. I want to make sure this part is right.

...And that's why people trust BMR. :thumb:

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Definitely not vaporware.

We've got way too much time, money and more time into both diff and chassis mount designs to just drop it.

We aren't the largest latemodel GM and Ford aftermarket suspension manufacture due to giving up. That's a fact. ;) Thanks for the confidence though!

tbrock

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Kelly,

Just to be clear the chassis mount system that you were taking pre-orders on is being revised?

Thanks,

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Kelly,

Just to be clear the chassis mount system that you were taking pre-orders on is being revised?

Thanks,

Yes.

It is not a complete revision. It is 90% finalized, and we have started production on that 90% of the kit.

We are making some tweaks to the main support frame/bar. It likely won't have the BMR Logo. It will likely be lighter. It will likely be further from the ground, and will likely work with a wider range of sway bars.

It's definitely for the better.

sailorrhett

Reaction score
Does this include the diff mount version and/or do you have an updated timeline on that.

And its always better to be sure, that is why people test! If everything worked out during every test then the test isn't good enough.

JimC

Reaction score
Kelly, does that fit a convertible? Just wondering since convertibles have extra rear bracing

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Kelly, does that fit a convertible? Just wondering since convertibles have extra rear bracing

It's close now.

But, that is one of the factors in the revision. ;)

We're doing our best.

tbrock

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yes.

It is not a complete revision. It is 90% finalized, and we have started production on that 90% of the kit.

We are making some tweaks to the main support frame/bar. It likely won't have the BMR Logo. It will likely be lighter. It will likely be further from the ground, and will likely work with a wider range of sway bars.

It's definitely for the better.

Kelly,

Thanks for the update, more than willing to wait for a better product.

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Big update.

So, here is where we are. All of the red parts that you see, are in production. We actually have about 25 kits built up right now.

The bare steel part is the latest prototype. After some initial rigidity testing, I am 99.99% positive that this is the chassis mount we are going to settle with.

The previous version was in the 6" ish range down from the wheel well. This version is only 3.875"....

It took a lot of work to get this part where it is, although it may not appear that way.

*I have not been able to test with a convertible. No idea yet, but I will likely give someone with a Vert a great deal to test it for us ;)

Here are some pics, that should explain any questions you guys may have:

So basically, we were able to shed a little weight and gain A LOT of clearance - while retaining all of our original RC positions.

And just to share, since I have been asked a bunch - the top RC position is at the centerline of the rear axle with a 1.5" drop. The car in the pictures above, is lowered 1.50".

We are very close to go time. Once we wreck the car into some ditches, drop the car from 18", and modify the current fixture, these should be ready to ship. FINALLY.

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
Holy hell. In the middle of this vendor/birdman clusterfuck we have good news coming from BMR to save our sanity. All hail BMR

cbass

m̶o̶u̶t̶h̶s̶e̶x̶
Reaction score
Kelly, you should probably put this on my list as a possibility. I swear to christ, if you get this ready to go around the same time, I might make a road trip to pick it up and to kiss you.

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
"Wreck the car into some ditches?" Is that actually part of your testing?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back