BMR's New S197 LCA - Which style do you want?

What do you want want, BOX or ROUND Tube LCA?

• BOX Tube LCA

Votes: 75 87.2%
  • ROUND Tube LCA

Votes: 11 12.8%

• Total voters

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
We are close to releasing a new LCA for the S197 Chassis. We have two styles, that we are debating on.

The goal with this new piece, is to offer a more cost effective option for our customers. We realize that there are several options available, that are substantially "cheaper" than our entry level TCA019, so we decided to take advantage of our streamlined manufacturing process - and pass on the savings to the customer.

The target price point is $89.95 for this LCA. I am unsure if we can meet that price, but, I can say for 100% certainty it will be <$100.

So - BMR wants to know what you, the customer prefers. We prefer the "boxed" tubing, and are guessing you will prefer the round tubular. All the other LCA in this range are round tubing, so it would be nice to be different...but...

There is a very good chance, that, if we go the boxed tubing design - that it very well may end up being the lightest LCA on the planet, for the S197.

Thanks for your participation!

Kelly

eddieval5

forum member
Reaction score
NICE! I need some of these bad. I vote Square tubing but either one is fine at that price.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
The boxed would be easier to identify as BMR instead of any other brand available. All the round tube ones look alike. I'm guessing the boxed tube would have less flex as well, assuming the same tubing thickness.

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Awesome feedback! Please be sure to vote, so we can make a decision.

I agree Skwerl.....but let's see what happens!

Bud

forum member
Reaction score
Boxed. That design and lighter weight, even if minimal would be something to set yours apart from other's.

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I would also vote for the boxed design, I think it would identify BMR and I also think it would be a little stronger. The box design gives you more weld area at the knuckles and that is the weak point on the arms. I never really liked the small round tube arms that I had, so I sold them and went with Metco LCA's.

Earl

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
I would also vote for the boxed design, I think it would identify BMR and I also think it would be a little stronger. The box design gives you more weld area at the knuckles and that is the weak point on the arms. I never really liked the small round tube arms that I had, so I sold them and went with Metco LCA's.

Earl

Earl, you are spot on - actually. We originally, way back, had the round tube design. After a year or so, we swapped to the boxed design due to what you are stating.

The loads that these LCA see, the boxed tubing simply makes for a stronger design, assuming wall thickness/etc is equal.

This is also a reason why we do not make UCA with 3/4' Rod Ends like our competitors. We choose to use a housed spherical bearing, as it is a MUCH stronger design.

Tbone

forum member
Reaction score
Boxed! Know roughly the release date? Need a set of these and relocation brackets for when and if this winter ever ends!

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
We are hoping about a month or so.

We are going to be releasing quite a few new components for the S197, shortly.

claudermilk

Reaction score
Earl, you are spot on - actually. We originally, way back, had the round tube design. After a year or so, we swapped to the boxed design due to what you are stating.

The loads that these LCA see, the boxed tubing simply makes for a stronger design, assuming wall thickness/etc is equal.

This is also a reason why we do not make UCA with 3/4' Rod Ends like our competitors. We choose to use a housed spherical bearing, as it is a MUCH stronger design.

You just answered your own question now, didn't you? Stronger + lighter = win

AnotherS197GT

Serial Valve Dropper
Reaction score
We are hoping about a month or so.

We are going to be releasing quite a few new components for the S197, shortly.

Awesome, I've been considering redoing my rear suspension. Very excited to see what you guys release! Are you planning on releasing any new UCAs, mounts, or relocation brackets as well?

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
but the question is....will it work with the axle brace?

rofl

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
You just answered your own question now, didn't you? Stronger + lighter = win

Yes - however, I am not so sure that the difference in strength is "that" important in this case.

I cannot say that I have ever seen a round tube design break, form anyone. That said, it does help as a selling point.

niner555

forum member
Reaction score
If you come out with a cheap rec. tube LCA, I suspect you will kill sales of your TCA019.

If you are trying to compete in the cheap LCA market, don't make the product so similar in shape to your premium LCA, give it obvious differentiation, not just paint and thinner tubing.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back