Bought a New Challenger SRT8

johnnyv8

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
We need to ask Dave for a Challenger sub-forum lol. I'm guessing that would be a HELL no lol!!

We could start a Challenger tech section and ask what exhaust sounds better! CAN WE DO IT DAVE!?

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
id take the 1500 dollar notch if its still for free?

I'm thinking of buying it myself for a project car. It's been for sale for a few months. I drove by it today it he marked it down another $100. LOL

I'll kick it off....Flowmaster 40's and a resonator delete lol!

Ummm... no. I mean, for just mufflers, sure, but the complete 1.75 primary long-tube header exhaust kit from American Racing Headers is the only way to go. The only stock pieces you keep from the factory setup are the exhaust tips.

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Marc,

Just now saw this Thread and your new Challenger. :hi:

It looks really good for sure.

Certainly the right color. :beerchug2:

Terry

dre256

forum member
Reaction score
Very nice! Buddy of mine has the first year 392 (12 or 13) its the green like my mustang (iguana green maybe or that maybe wrangler) and its nice. I like his interior more then my mustang but its a big car! And pop that big hood the 392 is all thats between fender to fender, there is no extra space! Awesome car

johnnyv8

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'll kick it off....Flowmaster 40's and a resonator delete lol!

Ummm... no. I mean, for just mufflers, sure, but the complete 1.75 primary long-tube header exhaust kit from American Racing Headers is the only way to go. The only stock pieces you keep from the factory setup are the exhaust tips.

But will that be too loud? Thats it, let start a tech exhaust sub section!

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
Well guys, my SRT is gone. The kids and I are lucky to be alive.

Yesterday afternoon we got t-boned in the driver's door by a drunk driver who was speeding and passed out behind the wheel. Guys was doing about 55-60 mph and didn't even try to stop.

The kids walked away with minor injuries. A few months of therapy for the kids and I need to have an operation to repair 2 ruptured discs in my neck.

The Challenger is totaled. I had to be cut out of the car due to being pinned between the heavily caved door and the center console and drive line tunnel.

Some scary shit on Halloween.

I am going to see if I can get some pictures of the car and I'll post them up.

Best part... Smokin hot blonde female firefighter kept me company while the dudes cut the door off. If you gotta be trapped in a car, might as well be with a beautiful and friendly young lady. :)

dark steed

Resident noob
Reaction score

Yesterday afternoon we got t-boned in the driver's door by a drunk driver who was speeding and passed out behind the wheel. Guys was doing about 55-60 mph and didn't even try to stop.

The kids walked away with minor injuries. A few months of therapy for the kids and I need to have an operation to repair 2 ruptured discs in my neck.

The Challenger is totaled. I had to be cut out of the car due to being pinned between the heavily caved door and the center console and drive line tunnel.

Best part... Smokin hot blonde female firefighter kept me company while the dudes cut the door off. If you gotta be trapped in a car, might as well be with a beautiful and friendly young lady. :)

Wow, glad y'all are (relatively speaking) ok.
Sorry to hear about the car.

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score

Marc,

I am glad to read all of you are A-OK for the most part.

I was reading the news clips on AOL this morning and there were a lot of wrecks, injuries and deaths yesterday and last night.

Hang in there,
Terry

Loved the Blonde part of your story. :hi:

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
Thanks folks! I appreciate it.

Yea Terry, it was bad out here. The ER doc said there was a 5 hour wait to be seen. I was lucky; the kids and I were seen right away.

This guy hit us in a neighborhood. I'm glad he hit us. If he didn't, he would have plowed into a group of kids that were Trick or Treating and they would not have been so lucky.

Back