Buying an ex rental gt

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
LOL. I understand your upset about it, but geeze, i get tired of reading all this trash stuff, agree, diagree, or agree to disagree, but id rather not see your temper tantrum turned into words and name calling on every post.

Last edited:

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
Guys, give it a rest. It's the internet.

Ya'll see that little button on the computer that says "POWER".................hit it now and go enjoy some family time.

Pacer pissed me the fuck off and I've already had a splitting headache tonight, so he got both barrels and a reload. Like I've said, speak with respect to me, show me I'm wrong and we can have a civilized conversation. But I don't back down from a damned thing when some keyboard Ranger thinks he can just be a dick for no damned reason.

GOD people on the internet piss me off sometimes. I KNOW 99.0% of these fuckers wouldn't spout off they way they do if they were face to face with the people they're talking to.

It's like talking to the VA for four FUCKING hours today, bouncing from one rude motherfucker to another, only to be told that after waiting ALL FUCKING summer with NO damned doctor's appointments, my case ISN'T on the desk of the guy who makes the final determination. So after 11 FUCKING months of waiting to hear from the DAMNED VA about my case, I'm told I have an appointment in December and another in February going over the SAME fucking shit, AGAIN! Why? Because the doctor who did my TBI screening didn't fully articulate his fucking write up's about me, even though I spent 8 fucking months in a hospital that clearly and definitively showed all my injuries are well documented and diagnosed.

But you've got good advice and I can feel my blood cooling off. Life sucks sometimes ya know? And then some dickhead steps on your "I wanna tear someone's fucking head off" button.

Pacer, come tomorrow, I'm not going to give a flying fuck about this thread today. In the future, either don't fucking say shit to me or be respectful and you'll be amazed at how I treat you. Let's just say you won't see the angry side of my personality if you should chose to do so.

Good night.

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
LOL. I understand your upset about it, but geeze, i get tired of reading all this trash stuff, agree, diagree, or agree to disagree, but id rather not see you temper tantrum turned into words and name calling on every post.

Yeah, you're right. That doesn't happen to me very often. But when it does, I usually end up having to apologize to some folks. Usually, I just hit the damned gym and burn it off, but the place is closed for remodeling. I gotta get a stair stepper here at the house or something. Shit.

I apologize to anyone I've offended. Even you Pacer, yet on a limited scale. You hit my pissed off button pretty hard with your first comment, but I shouldn't have gone off like this.

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
thorazine.jpg

:thanksLOL!

Steedman07

Classified's Moderator:)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Dewd..Chill..Are you maybe getting Ford "certified" warranty mistaken with the factory warranty that the car came with???? I dont certify any of my Ford's, but I dont think that the car being a rental has any impact on certifying a car. But, being in the business for 10 years, and currently a general manager for Ford/Saab for the last 2 of them, I know the 2nd owner keeps any and all remaining warranty that the car has, no matter the state. There are a few manufacturers who will not transfer their remaining warranty to the 2nd buyer, Isuzu use to do that..So lets all move on, there is nothing more to argue about here...mm kay?:highfive:

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
Well, then we need someone with some knowledge to actually post something that defines whether or not a rental vehicle is considered a commercial vehicle or not. Commercial vehicles do not have warranty per Ford's Commercial Sales reps and their own literature.

The ONLY reason I even posted my first post in this thread was so the OP could ensure he/she gets a factory warranty and not some lemon lot 90 day crap. A warranty is a great mind relaxing thing to have on a new purchase isn't it? So teach me something and teach the OP something. No reason to get all rude about it.

Steedman07

Classified's Moderator:)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I wasnt being rude, I was being nice just for the record..To answer your question, Rentals are not commercial vehicles..They are "fleet" vehicles..They are sold to Enterprise, Hurtz, etc as a Fleet sale..I buy rentals from Enterprise all the time, and they all keep whatever warranty that is left, either time and/or milage..If this does not answer your question, then call your congressman...:beerdrink:

pacettr

PJ Lover
Reaction score
Well, then we need someone with some knowledge to actually post something that defines whether or not a rental vehicle is considered a commercial vehicle or not. Commercial vehicles do not have warranty per Ford's Commercial Sales reps and their own literature.

We have had two professionals in the industry do this. You are too arrogant/stupid/stubborn to listen.
The ONLY reason I even posted my first post in this thread was so the OP could ensure he/she gets a factory warranty and not some lemon lot 90 day crap. A warranty is a great mind relaxing thing to have on a new purchase isn't it? So teach me something and teach the OP something. No reason to get all rude about it.

So two different long time Ford dealership employees (one a GENERAL MANAGER, the other a New Car Manager/Finance Director, not some flunky green pea salesmen) from different parts of the country are dumbasses? Do you realize how ignorant you are making yourself look?

I wasnt being rude, I was being nice just for the record..To answer your question, Rentals are not commercial vehicles..They are "fleet" vehicles..They are sold to Enterprise, Hurtz, etc as a Fleet sale..I buy rentals from Enterprise all the time, and they all keep whatever warranty that is left, either time and/or milage..If this does not answer your question, then call your congressman...:beerdrink:

:deadhorse::dead2:

OP, PM me the VIN and I will pull an OASIS and let you know how much warranty is left.

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
So two different long time Ford dealership employees (one a GENERAL MANAGER, the other a New Car Manager/Finance Director, not some flunky green pea salesmen) from different parts of the country are dumbasses? Do you realize how ignorant you are making yourself look?

I was only calling YOU a dumbass dude. There was no reason for your initial reply to be so rude. If things have changed, as the industry often does, and the people at Ford Commercial Sales are wrong, then so be it. I don't mind being wrong and being corrected. I just don't like people being assholes while doing it. But yeah, this conversation has been done a long time now.

pacettr

PJ Lover
Reaction score
I was only calling YOU a dumbass dude. There was no reason for your initial reply to be so rude. If things have changed, as the industry often does, and the people at Ford Commercial Sales are wrong, then so be it. I don't mind being wrong and being corrected. I just don't like people being assholes while doing it. But yeah, this conversation has been done a long time now.

Nothing has changed.

I love ya Frank :highfive:

1bad65

forum member
Reaction score
I learned alot in this thread. Namely that no one under 6ft, 200lbs spouts off on the Internet.

reefblue93

forum member
Reaction score
VTX, just admit that you're wrong man. I was at an Enterprise rental location just yesterday. They also have a car sales center at that location. Every single car I looked at had a warranty. My parents bought a Ford Taurus from Enterprise. Guess what it came with. You can't use an experience you had as a gauge for an entire system. It's basically SEVERAL different people that are listing SEVERAL different examples of you being incorrect here. It's always better to just admit defeat than to go on making an ass out of yourself...

joedls

Dragracer wannabe
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hey pacettr, you wanna know what pisses me off about assholes who post in someone's quoted text about shit that person provided as information being false? Two things idiot.

1. You can't be quoted. So don't go changing your fucking words on me. I've already screen captured your response.

2. You're bitching about how people posting mis-information pisses you off when you yourself have no fucking clue what you're talking about. Thus resoundingly proving that you're a dickhead.

Check out page 6 of any 2011 or earlier Warranty Manual that comes with a new Ford car or truck.

FordWarranty.jpg

Just what the fuck do you think that little bit of text in the red box means? Research before you post, dumbass.

Read in context, I would interpret this language to mean that any implied warranty of merchantability ,implied warranty of fitness for a particular purpose, or any other implied warranty would not apply for a vehicle used for business or commercial purposes. The business or commercial use exclusion you presented does not apply to the entire warranty, only the implied warranties.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back