C&l intake

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure C&L got bought by American Muscle.

Boone

Automotive Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you still need the intake? I'm dropping a Kenne Bell on my 3V, and I won't be needing my C&L.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Dino Dino Bambino

I have a red car
Reaction score

I'm not so sure. C&L was located in Huntsville AL and it's listed as being permanently closed. Some outlets are still selling C&L products but this is probably old stock that's being sold to clear.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'm not so sure. C&L was located in Huntsville AL and it's listed as being permanently closed. Some outlets are still selling C&L products but this is probably old stock that's being sold to clear.

I think someone is just milking the carcass still. It's been like 6 years. Nobody carries that much inventory to last 6 years.

https://www.svtperformance.com/threads/c-l-performance-is-it-gone.1007128/

My Foxbody has a 76mm C&L and when the time comes that it needs replacement or service or whatever, it will either get replaced with a Pro-M or Holley Terminator EFI system.

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score

American Muscle did in fact acquire C&L, just as they acquired Bama Performance from original founder of "Bamachips" Doug Studdard. At present, American Muscle still carries both the C&L street CAI and 95mm Racer CAI in stock.

Macman45

Resident Geriatric
Reaction score
American Muscle did in fact acquire C&L, just as they acquired Bama Performance from original founder of "Bamachips" Doug Studdard. At present, American Muscle still carries both the C&L street CAI and 95mm Racer CAI in stock.

He’s looking for the intake manifold not air intake

GlassTop09

Reaction score
98418C&LIntakeManifold.jpg
I was looking for 1 of these hard & heavy bout 2 yrs ago but the company had already gone under & everyone that I found back then that had 1 still was using it & no one was selling so I had to settle for the Ford Performance intake manifold.
This was the best flowing aftermarket design at the time for the 4.6L 3V & made the most low end HP\TQ due to having the longest runner lengths....a full 15" equal length runner design w\ open plenum & is all aluminum construction.

Not to mention how good it looks.....very well designed.

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score

He’s looking for the intake manifold not air intake

Just to clarify, my responses were directed specifically towards "tjm73 and "Dino Dino Bambino's post regarding the acquisition of C&L being purchased by American Muscle along with addressing they still continue to sell some of their products. Therefore, I wasn't referring to the OP's post, to begin with.

Dino Dino Bambino

I have a red car
Reaction score

Do you know if any new C&L products are being manufactured or if outlets like American Muscle & TRE Performance are merely clearing out old stock?
I was shocked when I found out that C&L Performance went under a few years ago 'cause I always knew them to make quality products, and their 3V intake manifold is a sweet looking piece. I'm still baffled about that.

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
Other than for the 83mm C&L street CAI and 95mm C&L racer CAI, American Muscle doesn't offer any other C&L products in stock. I'm also just assuming they continue to manufacture the cold air intakes, as I can't justify how they could still have old inventory in stock from over 6 years ago, but I suppose anything is possible :shrug:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back