Can U school me on tires?

orangensaft

People think its yellow
Reaction score
Nah, I don't get mad over the internets. As soon as I walk away from the computer, I've already forgotten about it.

And since when is 42 old?

I didn't really think so, you just get so fired up it makes me laugh.

And, your older than me.

Kbreeze

forum member
Reaction score
Tirerack lists most of the 275/35s as fitting 9-11" wheels and 275/30 fitting 9-10" wheels. I'm not agreeing that 275s are the best on 10" though.

IMO 295/30 would be best, simply because it would give the closest diameter front and rear and would have similar sidewall shape. 275/35 would be taller and have less bulge than the front which to me would look goofy.

Also, A pissing match with Tom = At least one really angry old guy.

Find your comment really comical based on the pic in your signature which has a stretched front tire and a rear tire with some bulge.

panama

forum member
Reaction score
Find your comment really comical based on the pic in your signature which has a stretched front tire and a rear tire with some bulge.

You really take this way too personal man. Everyone has a different look that they want and that is okay. Personally I don't get stagger setups when you could run a 9.5 or 10 inch wheel all the way around, but I'm not gonna call someone an idiot about it. Get some fresh air and walk away from the keyboard.

Mystickeith50

forum member
Reaction score
You really take this way too personal man. Everyone has a different look that they want and that is okay. Personally I don't get stagger setups when you could run a 9.5 or 10 inch wheel all the way around, but I'm not gonna call someone an idiot about it. Get some fresh air and walk away from the keyboard.

Bingo.....:deadhorse:

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
Nah, I don't get mad over the internets. As soon as I walk away from the computer, I've already forgotten about it.

And since when is 42 old?

Remember when you were like 10 and you thought that you would never be 42 and how old that must be. Maybe that's what he is talking about

orangensaft

People think its yellow
Reaction score

Well those are stock GT500. I bought them with those tires and no I don't like how they look and won't be putting those sizes on it when I need new tires.

Kbreeze

forum member
Reaction score

I'm not taking it personal at all...I'm simply stating facts. If anyone's taking it personal it's you 3 assclown's who have no clue.

Mystickeith50

forum member
Reaction score
you know whats funny about you, is I dont know anything about you, but i bet i have built more mustangs/cars than you have, have more knowledge overall than you do on them, and have owned more of them yet you continue to call me an ass clown just because i said that i thought a 295 fits on a 10 inch wheel better(which it does). do us all a favor, write a book with all the vast wheel and tire info you got in that awesome brain of yours. and btw the gt500 svtpp comes with 285/35/20s in the rear on a 9.5 inch rim!!!!!!!!.....BUT WHY WOULD CARROL SHELBY GO A WHOLE 10MM WIDER ON A .5 INCH NARROWER WHEEL WHEN HE OBVIOUSLY KNOWS THAT IT IS NOT THE OPTIMAL SIZE AND PORSCHE AND ENGINEERS AND ASSHATS AND BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA. But in all seriousness, if you look at everyone of your posts in every thread you "contribute" to you are either arguing strongly why your "opinion" is the end all be all or telling someone why you dont like what they got!!!! What gives. Look we all know your a 275 on 10 inch wheel guy...we get it...its a personal preference, not drop dead fact. in the same way that i would be a 295 on 10 inch wheel guy because of personal preference. does it make sense? now appologize to carrol shelby for calling him a no good asshat who is not as smart as some dick sucking german porsche engineer.:naughty1:

Kbreeze

forum member
Reaction score
you know whats funny about you, is I dont know anything about you, but i bet i have built more mustangs/cars than you have, have more knowledge overall than you do on them, and have owned more of them yet you continue to call me an ass clown just because i said that i thought a 295 fits on a 10 inch wheel better(which it does). do us all a favor, write a book with all the vast wheel and tire info you got in that awesome brain of yours. and btw the gt500 svtpp comes with 285/35/20s in the rear on a 9.5 inch rim!!!!!!!!.....BUT WHY WOULD CARROL SHELBY GO A WHOLE 10MM WIDER ON A .5 INCH NARROWER WHEEL WHEN HE OBVIOUSLY KNOWS THAT IT IS NOT THE OPTIMAL SIZE AND PORSCHE AND ENGINEERS AND ASSHATS AND BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA. But in all seriousness, if you look at everyone of your posts in every thread you "contribute" to you are either arguing strongly why your "opinion" is the end all be all or telling someone why you dont like what they got!!!! What gives. Look we all know your a 275 on 10 inch wheel guy...we get it...its a personal preference, not drop dead fact. in the same way that i would be a 295 on 10 inch wheel guy because of personal preference. does it make sense? now appologize to carrol shelby for calling him a no good asshat who is not as smart as some dick sucking german porsche engineer.:naughty1:

Lol. I think you're a little confused as to how this all played out. I suggested a 275/35 for the OP and then YOU said a 275 is too small on a 10" rim. TO QUOTE YOU: 275's are too small on a 10" wheel, period." . THEN after the fact you are turning around and saying it's a personal preference and acting as if I am the one started it. LMFAO! You have it backwards, pal.

Obviously there is an acceptable range of tire sizes for a given wheel size and the choice will be made depending on the engineers or end-users goals and preferences. There a balance to strike between cornering grip, responsiveness, straight line grip, ride quality, wheel protection, looks, etc etc. Results can vary from Shelby's choice of 285's on a 20x9.5 to Porsche using 265's on an 18x10.5.

I still say a 275mm wide tire with a 35 or 40 aspect ratio (depending on the wheel diameter) will likely strike the best balance of all those considerations in the application(s) ranges we are talking about here. with 285's coming in a very close 2nd and so on. But most importantly THEY ARE NOT TOO SMALL as you claimed they were. And that is really the only point I've tried to make since you made that comment.

And just for the record, lets have a little fun with the argument summary:

Here's where it all started:
275s are too small for a ten inch wheel period...

Oh really?

And here comes wonderboy VTXfrank with some genius input

Dude, you're a fucking idiot.
The whole point that is TRYING to made here is to not make all encompassing statements when it comes to wheels and tires.

Now this is quite amusing because he is insulting me, yet agreeing with me!? Because who is the one who made the all-encompassing statement? SEE THE FIRST QUOTE ABOVE.

And here's the cherry on top right here...

I never said they were too small or wouldn't work..

:roflmao:

BACK TO THE OP:
Reiterating, IMO a 275/35/20 is going to be perfect for you...it will give you the sidewall height you need and still have decent width. To me 295/30's still have too small of a sidewall, especially for a mustang. Now I know you said you wanted to keep same overall diameter as you currently have but as someone else mentioned, that's obviously impossible with the same wheels if you are increasing sidewall height, which you definitely should! GL with whatever you choose!

Last edited:

SpeedKing

Reaction score
It was all good until about post 23 when things took a strange turn down hill. OMG.

Mystickeith50

forum member
Reaction score
i will agree to diasgree. my "275s are too small for a 10 inch wheel" comment was not meant to mean that it would physically not work....it was more to say that with a ten inch wheel a 275 tire is kind of like jerking off in a cup....kind of pointless. but now this is where you come back and say that in fact you are the authority...so please by all means proceed.:rant:. and just some advice, take some sort of critism...please...I am all for a debate but unless your last name is bridgestone people on here are not gonna take what you say as gospel. remember everything you have stated and I too have stated is in fact opinion.....not fact! but then again you can just resort to calling us all asshats again for voicing an opinion.

Mystickeith50

forum member
Reaction score
and op...i really am sorry for junking up your thread. sorry. I was just trying to state the fact that i liked the 295s a little bit more for you.

Kbreeze

forum member
Reaction score
i will agree to diasgree. my "275s are too small for a 10 inch wheel" comment was not meant to mean that it would physically not work....it was more to say that with a ten inch wheel a 275 tire is kind of like jerking off in a cup....kind of pointless. but now this is where you come back and say that in fact you are the authority...so please by all means proceed.:rant:. and just some advice, take some sort of critism...please...I am all for a debate but unless your last name is bridgestone people on here are not gonna take what you say as gospel. remember everything you have stated and I too have stated is in fact opinion.....not fact! but then again you can just resort to calling us all asshats again for voicing an opinion.

Yes I know exactly what you meant by your comment, obviously anyone knows it will physically work. But that's entirely misleading to put it like that because not only do they fit but they fit perfectly with neither stretch or bulge. Again, go look up 275/35/20's on the Tire Rack or 1010tires. Why do you think they list a rim range of "9-11"?? 10 is obviously right smack in the middle. Better yet call up Tire Rack or Discount Tire Direct or wherever and simply ask any of them this question. "How would a 275/35/20 fit on a 20x10 wheel" and I bet almost all of them say it will fit perfectly. You are acting as if we are talking about putting 245's on a 10" wheel, or something. Not at all.

As you know, I have 275/35's on my 20x10's and I can tell you first hand they fit perfectly. There is neither stretch nor bulge. If you go a little smaller you start to get stretch, if you go a little bigger you start to get bulge, simple as that. That's why it's the MIDDLE POINT of the range.

You prefer 295's on the same wheel, that's fine by me, man. You won't see me saying 295's are too big for a 10" wide wheel. it's a matter of preference. But don't sit here and say "275's are too small, period" They aren't by any means. It's just you prefer 295's instead for your own personal reasons.

Last edited:

Kbreeze

forum member
Reaction score
and op...i really am sorry for junking up your thread. sorry. I was just trying to state the fact that i liked the 295s a little bit more for you.

Have you considered the fact that 295/30's will give him only .24" additional sidewall height? You don't think that's still too rubber bandish??

275/35 on the other hand will give him a much needed .54" additional sidewall height = MUCH Better looks, better ride quality, better rim/impact protection, AND better traction. His whole problem with his current setup if you remember is that he didn't like how short the sidewall was. he never said I need more width. You are hell bent on giving him more width without any real consideration to the real problem at hand.

Last edited:

Deez-67

forum member
Reaction score

46Tbird

forum member
Reaction score
I don't know what all this BS is about.

But I run 255/35-20 and 305/35-20 on 20x9 and 20x10 Shelby CS40s. I like them and get a lot of compliments on how they fill out the wheelwells.

I'll be going to a 265/35 up front when I replace the set next month.

mustangpic.jpg

Kbreeze

forum member
Reaction score
I don't know what all this BS is about.

But I run 255/35-20 and 305/35-20 on 20x9 and 20x10 Shelby CS40s. I like them and get a lot of compliments on how they fill out the wheelwells.

I'll be going to a 265/35 up front when I replace the set next month.

Sweet pic! Glad you at least have some sidewall. Just say NO to 30's ;)

dark steed

Resident noob
Reaction score
If it weren't so entertaining I would say shut the heck up to y'all.

But there is something so amusing about watching multiple know-it-alls pontificate about how they are the chosen ones and knowledge will surely perish from the earth when they are gone...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back