Car Care Preparation for Winter

AnotherS197GT

Serial Valve Dropper
Reaction score
Thanks for all the hints and help guys. I might give this a shot this weekend if my order shows up that quickly. If not, next weekend for sure.

AnotherS197GT

Serial Valve Dropper
Reaction score
This is from earlier this summer. I got bored so I just did a quick cut and polish. Can't see all my tiny scratches because I don't have big bright detailing lights lol.

ModdedMach

Detailer of shiny things.
Reaction score
+1. A bright and diffused light like a cell phone is premium for showing minor swirls. Especially on metallics and lighter colors.

mrperple

forum member
Reaction score
Yep I used my cell phone when I just did my correction on my dark green metallic SUV. Really does work in a pinch.

AnotherS197GT

Serial Valve Dropper
Reaction score
I got all my stuff earlier this week. I'll be starting on it this weekend, assuming it doesn't rain. I am a little worried though, the cap on my Sonax was jammed down on the can and there was some of the sealant in the cap. It seems like it still has pressure though.

28ONE

Reaction score
I got all my stuff earlier this week. I'll be starting on it this weekend, assuming it doesn't rain. I am a little worried though, the cap on my Sonax was jammed down on the can and there was some of the sealant in the cap. It seems like it still has pressure though.

Call AG up and tell them there was a problem during shipping, I'm more than positive they'll take care of you for the inconvenience...

ModdedMach

Detailer of shiny things.
Reaction score
Theres also a really cheap ebay flashlight that is hella bright and has a focusable beam (to control diffusion of light). Its like 15 bucks shipped, comes with a charger and 2 rechargable batteries and its like 2k lumens. Great for correction.

I also use a 50w 4500lm LED worklight (shit is bright) for my area working/inspection light, then the spotlight and cell phone for micromarring checks. All of this, of course, in a room with very little ambient light, to make defects easier to spot.

PS. that big LED worklight is 30 bucks...ebay again. lol. Comes with a open wire setup, gotta wire up a plug, i just cut the plug off my crappy halogen worklight and chunked it, been using the LED ever since.

AnotherS197GT

Serial Valve Dropper
Reaction score
Looks great. What did you use?

I used the Sonax Polymer Netshield that was discussed earlier in the thread. I also clayed the car with a pinnacle clay bar kit. It seemed to be nicer than my old mothers or meguiars bar. The old one seemed to fall apart a lot more, this one really stuck together and worked quickly. I also used some off the shelf rubbing compound since I didn't realize that I was almost out of 105/205...

I did

-Wash
-clay
-polish
-sonax, waited a day, then threw another coat on

The paint underneath is not flawless, nor even close, but it looks good from a few feet away and hopefully the Sonax will keep the car looking good for a long time!

Lookin good!

Thanks!

28ONE

Reaction score
Forgot to mention, Id wait till new location then apply Tuf Shine...

AnotherS197GT

Serial Valve Dropper
Reaction score
Forgot to mention, Id wait till new location then apply Tuf Shine...

I might try cleaning them up in the shower LOL. I might end up a dead man if I do, but it could be worth the risk! Id rather be 6 feet under than trying to clean my tires below 0.

mrperple

forum member
Reaction score
SPNS is some good stuff. Just did my neighbors SUV yesterday. Look into Sonax Brilliant Shine Detailer as topper. That's stuff is great as well.

nbk92

forum member
Reaction score
When using the netshield, do I use Sonax fg400> Netshield> Sonax Brilliant Shine? Are they the correct steps?

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back