Car feels unstable when shifting at WOT

McClane

forum member
Reaction score
Maybe I'm just not used to how a 3 link feels, but my 2011 wobbles when I shift gears and chirp the tires during a wot run. It feels very unstable like the car is going to spin out on me. In my older Mustangs with similar power levels and tires whenever I shifted and the tires chirped the car would stay straight and was predictable. Is this normal or is there something wrong with my suspension?

Kingcrabb

forum member
Reaction score
Not sure what u mean by wobbles. but compared to my turbo focus this thing feels VERY stable with a little tire spin between gears.

Ducky

Reaction score
I am going to assume you're feeling the panhard bar. Get a watts link.

S197 GT

PINK Casting Director
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Not tech.

Is your car lowered? If so, did you install an adjustable panhard bar to re-center the rear axle?

I'm assuming the rear end is shifting out from under you on the shifts, right?

McClane

forum member
Reaction score
Yep only during shifts. When I launch it it feels fine. Stock height with aftermarket lca's and relocation brackets. Did it before they were installed as well. Maybe I'm feeling the rear push out from the panhard rod when the car squats after I shift and hit th gas again.

chrismc

forum member
Reaction score
Not sure what u mean by wobbles. but compared to my turbo focus this thing feels VERY stable with a little tire spin between gears.

Truth, drive a turbod focus and your stang will feel incredible, i had a turbo 03 spi and that thing was unpredictable

gil_t2

Love Nitro in the Morning
Reaction score
Yep only during shifts. When I launch it it feels fine. Stock height with aftermarket lca's and relocation brackets. Did it before they were installed as well. Maybe I'm feeling the rear push out from the panhard rod when the car squats after I shift and hit th gas again.

I though you were at WOT? If you are letting off the gas when shifting you may be feeling the rear unwind, and then rap back up.

BlackSunshine

Power Downshifter
Reaction score

Curious as to why you would install relocation brackets on a stock height suspension?

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Curious as to why you would install relocation brackets on a stock height suspension?

To help with wheelhop.

Lca relocation brackets dont help with wheel hop persay they change the instant center of the rear when launching by changing the lca angle. (normaly needed to correct the angle on lowered cars)

What helps wheel hop is stronger lca with stiffer poly bushings.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back