Car will not make boost. Need some help

07Bossman

Reaction score
They make intercoolers with same side inlet/outlet but flow vertically. If there is a problem with your intercooler now, it's trying to flow everything through half it's height, but twice it's length.... if you catch what I'm saying.

Sprayer84

forum member
Reaction score
They make intercoolers with same side inlet/outlet but flow vertically. If there is a problem with your intercooler now, it's trying to flow everything through half it's height, but twice it's length.... if you catch what I'm saying.

I understand what you're saying and I completely agree. I'm just trying to find one of those intercoolers that I can get to work. Without spending $900 on the hellion one.

Makdaddy

I am Dysfunctional
Reaction score

Forgive my ignorance
How do you tell the flow?
Do have to look inside or will pictures on the website reveal that

07Bossman

Reaction score
Forgive my ignorance

You can see the way the tubes of the core are orientated. If you look at his intercooler that's on the car now, you will see the tubes going horizontally and if you follow the airflow, you will notice that that only half the intercooler is used, then the air makes a u-turn, and comes back through the other half. THat alot of small tubing to be pushing air through.

07Bossman

Reaction score
I understand what you're saying and I completely agree. I'm just trying to find one of those intercoolers that I can get to work. Without spending $900 on the hellion one.

I "think" that even a cheap vertical flow one would be way better than what you have just because you are cutting out the insane amount of inches the air is traveling in your current intercooler. Like this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CXRacing-In...Parts_Accessories&hash=item5adc2996e4&vxp=mtr

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Forgive my ignorance

The fins will be vertical instead of horizontal and the end caps will be on the top and bottom instead of the ends.

Makdaddy

I am Dysfunctional
Reaction score
You can see the way the tubes of the core are orientated. If you look at his intercooler that's on the car now, you will see the tubes going horizontally and if you follow the airflow, you will notice that that only half the intercooler is used, then the air makes a u-turn, and comes back through the other half. THat alot of small tubing to be pushing air through.

So how is that different from mine?
Is it because mine are different

bracketx.jpg

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
So how is that different from mine?
Is it because mine are different

You're blowing in through your entire 1,000^3 core (a guess) then out.

The Zimmer core is split. We are blowing through a 300^3 core, reversing direction and blowing through another 300^3 core.

It is just way to small for our turbo and HP.

Last edited:

W3bb3r04

Slow 3v Member
Reaction score
Its the factory on3 intercooler. You need to try and pick up a similar one. No boost lost for me either.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back