Carried the wheels today

PNR Welding

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Went to a track rental today and had some issues with some minor things and will get them straighted out. Mostly spark plug issues.

At the last 2 runs ( in the video) the car was low on fuel and I wasnt keeping an eye on it and bogged cause of it. It looked like I lifted the throttle when I wasnt.

Once I put new plugs in, the car will make a serious number. The 1st pass in the video was cut off cause I let out of it due to my hood coming unlatched from when it came back down on the front tires.

Last edited:

cruzing2much

forum member
Reaction score
the car is a beast paul i'll upload the video that i got of your car from behind. It's coming together nicely!

PNR Welding

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Its getting there exactly where I want it.

the car is a beast paul i'll upload the video that i got of your car from behind. It's coming together nicely!

Chris, im happy that your car has the bugs figured out finally. All that over the plugs and spark gaps. LOL
Between your car and my car, taught us to never mess around with spark plugs. Change them first when a spark/ break up issue even begins to happen.

Nice! What's the exhaust set-up?

The exhaust setup is a 4" two foot downpipe. It has a 3" v band clamp, but goes right into a 4".
Anyone interested in more details, shoot me a PM and ill show you where to get it and what has to be done. Its very easy!!!!!

Nice Paul , hey what tires and Rear Gear are you running.

Pete

Heys whats going on Pete?
Tires are a 28-10.5-15W with tubes in them. I used the moroso wheels screws with 1/4" nylon rubber spacers on them for the Bogarts since they are skinnier and will poke a hole in the tube if they werent used.

Gears are 3.73. I was going to switch down to a 3.31, but this is changing my mind. That lauch the car left on 12psi at 3800.
Too bad the ET wasnt the best, due to not able to get brand new spark plugs at the track. Then I wasnt keeping an eye on the fuel level
cause of the issue of the spark plugs.
I will be going back this coming week with a new set of plugs in and shooting for a new best.
That first pass in the video went a 10.50 at 105 cause my hood popped up from the way the car came down. It hit so hard, it caused the latch to come undone. It felt like it broke something from the hit.

PNR Welding

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Here is a pic from a earlier launch.

Pictureofthewheelsup001-1.jpg

dysan

Dis-Member
Reaction score
Looking good. Let me know when you want to hit Atco this week and I'll see if I can get a video of a run or 2.

TurboPete

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Its getting there exactly where I want it.

Heys whats going on Pete?
Tires are a 28-10.5-15W with tubes in them. I used the moroso wheels screws with 1/4" nylon rubber spacers on them for the Bogarts since they are skinnier and will poke a hole in the tube if they werent used.

Gears are 3.73. I was going to switch down to a 3.31, but this is changing my mind. That lauch the car left on 12psi at 3800.
Too bad the ET wasnt the best, due to not able to get brand new spark plugs at the track. Then I wasnt keeping an eye on the fuel level
cause of the issue of the spark plugs.
I will be going back this coming week with a new set of plugs in and shooting for a new best.
That first pass in the video went a 10.50 at 105 cause my hood popped up from the way the car came down. It hit so hard, it caused the latch to come undone. It felt like it broke something from the hit.

Hey Paul doing good Man , just trying to get to the track soon .

That 1st launch was insane , I dont lift the tires like that I guess the gear helps .
Next time I go out Im going to try and leave with more boost . Usually I leave on 10 psi's and 4000 rpm's 1.40 60ft . If I can leave at 4200 she should be around 12 psi's which is what I want to see, maybe get into the 1.38 range.
What gap are you running now. You know that the BAS fixed my spark blow out issue's I can turn up the boost no problem to 25 psi's now . Hope all is good with you , Im keeping an eye out on your progress. Talk soon.

Pete

RedFire07GT

11sec N/A 3V
Reaction score
Paul your car is real tough. Seen a few of your passes yesterday and they were all nice. Keep up the good work.

Brandon

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back