Climate control issues

Bnbstang

Reaction score
I have only 1 speed on my blower motor. I replaced the resistor with no luck. When I power the system on, the resistor gets hot, I mean really hot. I was wondering if any body has run across this issue? How do I go about bench testing the blower motor? If anybody has any suggestions please let me know. Thanks!

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
Which speed? Makes a difference. Works in only one selection, same speed in all selections, or what? Whats been replaced so far? What led up to the problem? Were you installing something that had you pulling the center console out to begin with? Do you hear the fan motor change speed but still feel only the same amount of air? Is the issue actually air movement or lack of cooling....assuming in Arizona you don't ever use the heater. Provide some detail in explaining the symptom in some detail and I may be able to help you isolate the issue.

Do you know how to use a multimeter to check voltage and resistance? Do you have one you can use if the answer is yes?

Say hello to the London Bridge for me. Been there....done that back in 1990 shortly after it arrived. I lived in SD,CA then. I remember the guy thinking he had bought tower bridge in London and was shocked at what he had purchased when it arrived...or that is how the story was told.

ixtlan

Reaction score
Blower Motor Resistor is the easy cheap shotgun barrel.
Under 20 bucks under the right console.
After that get out the meter and run wires and check your switch.
You will do that from the resistor anyway.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back