Clunking in the rear

dieselboy28

sick my duck
Reaction score
:leghump: jk

i have some clunking coming from the rear of the car when i hit bumps. its been like this from day one but now with the stiffer springs it is getting worse. thought i was exhaust hitting something but it feels solid as can be. im thinkin its either that damn trunk mat board or the spare and tools. anyone elses do this and if so what did you do to fix it?

Hitman

Banned
Reaction score
mine does it too. Checked everything and found nothing wrong. I just turn the radio up.

LAK3RS

Original Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Mine does it as well. I just keep the radio up too!! I'm thinking it's by poly bushings, and my pinion angle might still be off a bit. IMO, you can tell as it leaves marks from where the bumpstops hit like crazy!

dieselboy28

sick my duck
Reaction score
mine is like something is bouncing almost which was making me think maybe the trunk board or the spare but maybe its not.

LAK3RS

Original Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I don't have the trunk liner, spare, or anything in my trunk! It's naked!

2k05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
mine does this too, not sure what it is either. I have checked everything..:tdown:

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
I found a couple spots inside the trucnk where it would rattle under bumps, including the spare tire cover driver side hittind the trunk metal, and the rear interior plastic cover bouncing loose on the psgr side.

But if it feels solid, that's not good. Did you lower it? is it hitting your bump stops? Are all bolts tight (lcas, panhard bar, shocks)?

Could also be exhaust hitting rear cover, but that's more of a higher-sounding rattle than a clunk.

dieselboy28

sick my duck
Reaction score
i just lowered it but it has been doing this for quite sometime and i cant seem to find where its comin from. i wonder if putting dynomat or something down in the trunk will help. it never used to bother me but now that my girlfriend has been riding with me she makes fun of it every time:tdown:. then makes a comment about her honda not doing that:321:. its all in good fun though

GIG4FUN

Rock 'n' Roll Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Neither of mine do it. BUT if it did it would be hard to live with.... almost as hard as living with the wife after I gave her a ride in the trunk to look for it.

dieselboy28

sick my duck
Reaction score
Neither of mine do it. BUT if it did it would be hard to live with.... almost as hard as living with the wife after I gave her a ride in the trunk to look for it.

:roflmao:

thats a good idea...."hey hun since you dont like it so much why dont you hop back there and listen for it!" :thumb:

theres a bump...

oh theres another one...

oooh one more...

"hey babe you find it yet?!" :roflmao:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back