Combined 15" wheel Fitment Thread

screamingstang

forum member
Reaction score
I say just run it like that, should be one helluva spark show!!!! J/K bro, what did you have on there before. ET Drag radials wasnt it? Are you looking to go full slick or back to radials? Since I pulled my charger off, im looking at getting the 15x4 15x8 with Mickey Thompson Street Radials. The new pattern style for everyday driving since I wont be drag racing for a little while. Just like TigerHonaker tire setup on his Racestars.

Yeah i had the et drags...im going with maybe some m/h's or hoosier qtp..:naughty1:
but im leaning towards the qtps...:beer:

mikeysgt

forum member
Reaction score
hey bro i forgot to call john for you today. shoot me a text in the morning and ill call him first thing in the morning for you about the tires

screamingstang

forum member
Reaction score
hey bro i forgot to call john for you today. shoot me a text in the morning and ill call him first thing in the morning for you about the tires
for sure mike...i couldn't text you all that well i was driving back home from work....but yeah ill send you a text...:beerdrink:

NotQuik

I can't drive
Reaction score
hmmm....I didn't know summit made these wheels. I wonder how they would pair against a set of prostars up front (already have). Any fitment issues compared to the jegstars?

screamingstang

forum member
Reaction score
e9u7vn.jpg

ftn6dk.jpg

165/80/15's up front
and 27x11.5x15's hoosier drags...:evillaugh:

going to install wheels studs i fukd up 3 on the rear driver side...:rant:

cell phone pics ftl

Kipp07GT

Slug Box
Reaction score
Looks good bro. I love the way they look on your car. What springs are you lowered on? They look perfect with that stance and wheels.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I just bought a 2005 Mustang GT 5 speed (Sept. '04 build) with just under 24,500 miles. The car is as stock as it could possibly be. It's torch red if anyone cares.

I am planning to race this car and it is my summer daily driver. Having owned several Mustangs before this one I decided to not got for more power right out of the gate. Instead I am going to go for more chassis out of the gate and see how fast I can go on the stock engine. An inlet and axle back are the extent of my immediate engine mods.

So why is this all this in the "Combined 15" Wheel Fitment Thread"? Well I am going to be running Race Stars. And I have read this entire thread and several others and I am still left with a couple questions.

My plan is 15x3.75 with 26x6R15 Mickey Thompsons up front and 15x10 with 295/55R15 Mickey Thompson DR's out back. It's apparent that caliper and wheel will be very close both front and rear. Normally on custom wheels I use rim edge weights on the inner side and stick on weights just behind the outer face off the wheels. I've read here that can't be done. Some say don't bother balancing the rear. As far as I am concerned that is not an option. How much space does exist between the caliper and the wheel on these cars when you run 15's?

But my second question involve these hub rings. Are they really needed?

Last edited:

96blowncobra

forum member
Reaction score
strong enough to run on the street? i don't hit pot holes or anything in the road.

Last edited:

screamingstang

forum member
Reaction score
Looks good bro. I love the way they look on your car. What springs are you lowered on? They look perfect with that stance and wheels.
im lowered on the eibach springs...im going to try out the cobra jet springs..see how they work out...

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
wow only 582...going to order them on monday....also it says some modding has to be done like what? and could you use your stock break lines for now?

Spindle ear's have to be cut off and the dust sheilds get removed ( you have to re tap the dust sheild hole's bigger. Custom brake lines have to be made.

The kit isn't pricey and it's very nice stuff. I knocked off 35 lbs if I remember correctly

screamingstang

forum member
Reaction score
Spindle ear's have to be cut off and the dust sheilds get removed ( you have to re tap the dust sheild hole's bigger. Custom brake lines have to be made.

The kit isn't pricey and it's very nice stuff. I knocked off 35 lbs if I remember correctly
could you post up pictures of what your talking about...im better at looking at things then reading directions on how to do stuff....:beerdrink:..also i cant run my stock break lines...which kit did you go with and how much did you spend...thanks

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back