S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Any other divers out there?

Master Diver here with over 300 logged dives
Wreck II
Cave II
Mixed gas
Rebreather

Favorite overall place is Cayman Islands and single favorite spot is Bikini Atoll.
Favorite dives - any wrecks or caves...:beerdrink:

Charlie Sheen

Armed and Hammered
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
<--- Certified M.U.F.F Diver.

I am (was?) NAUI certified years ago. A couple years ago, after not diving for 9 or 10 years, I got talked into going ab diving with my brother-in-law. I thought I was going to die.

Herknav

Devil's Advocate
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Spent two years snorkling in Guam 90-92 (fantastic) but just never got around to getting certed... lazy, I know...

cekim

Large Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Been diving since I was a kid - then certified 15 years ago...

Like wrecks, reefs and 100+ ft dives without mixed gas...

Not a fan of caves... You can have them - the rope is for pulling the body out... :idea:

The wife and I have been meaning to take some more courses, but haven't yet...

cekim

Large Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Spent two years snorkling in Guam 90-92 (fantastic) but just never got around to getting certed... lazy, I know...
Snorkling is what you do when you run out of air :roflmao:

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Been diving since I was a kid - then certified 15 years ago...

Like wrecks, reefs and 100+ ft dives without mixed gas...

Not a fan of caves... You can have them - the rope is for pulling the body out... :idea:

The wife and I have been meaning to take some more courses, but haven't yet...

If you want - I'll post up some vids of me in the caves and you may change your mind. It is AWESOME.

Deep water dives really aren't any fun. Truth is, there isn't much to see past 160'. The only reason I do mixed gas is because some of the best wrecks are deep. Very technical though. I've done some wrecks were we plan on the boat for 2 hours before a 15 minute bottom time dive - tyhere ain't no 'mistakes' at that depth - fuck up and you die..period....:beerdrink:

Needless to say, I don't do too many cause it's more of a PIA than fun and there are plenty of cool wrecks within 120'.

Out here in Cali - one of the best wrecks we have is the USS Yukon (battleship) just outside of San Diego harbor. It's awesome but sits about 180' - so not to many people can get in it.

The vast majority of caves I do are less than 80' but simply amazing. I've got vids of me having to shed my gear to fit out openings and then have to put the gear back on. It's like mountain climbing under water - BITCHIN...:clap:

I don't dive as much now cause I got spoiled. After so many trips to 86º water, I sold my drysuit and I don't dive cold water anymore at all. Just a vacation diver now. Although - I do sometimes miss lobster season at catalina.

cekim

Large Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
If you want - I'll post up some vids of me in the caves and you may change your mind. It is AWESOME.
Seen some amazing vids - just have too high a murphy co-efficient to do it myself...

CK said:
Deep water dives really aren't any fun. Truth is, there isn't much to see past 160'. The only reason I do mixed gas is because some of the best wrecks are deep. Very technical though. I've done some wrecks were we plan on the boat for 2 hours before a 15 minute bottom time dive - tyhere ain't no 'mistakes' at that depth - fuck up and you die..period....:beerdrink:
I only go to that depth to see wrecks - 10-4 on the not much else to see...

Frankly, without a wreck, if you do meet something down there, you generally would rather you didn't - seen some HUGE eels...

CK said:
Needless to say, I don't do too many cause it's more of a PIA than fun and there are plenty of cool wrecks within 120'.
Yeah, beyond 120-130 without mixed gas, its two deep breaths of what tastes like sucking air out of a stale tire and then you need to head back up... That's about my limit most of the time...

CK said:
I don't dive as much now cause I got spoiled. After so many trips to 86º water, I sold my drysuit and I don't dive cold water anymore at all. Just a vacation diver now. Although - I do sometimes miss lobster season at catalina.
Yeah, me too - moved up here and the water is !@#$ing cold - haven't done a dry-suit course - that was next on the list to at least make it possible to get out up here...

Wyld

408 C6
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Any other divers out there?
Favorite overall place is Cayman Islands and single favorite spot is Bikini Atoll.
Favorite dives - any wrecks or caves...:beerdrink:

My friends dad owns the electric company out there and he keeps trying to drag me out to go dive! I might have to go now that someone else is talking about it

JimmyD

forum member
Reaction score
I'm not a diver ...but I was snorkeling a couple of weeks ago in Aruba. Anybody snorkel there and see the "Antilla" wreck? Its a 60' dive. It was pretty cool from my snorkeling perspective, could only imagine diving down to it...

n0nleft13

forum member
Reaction score
I'm not a diver ...but I was snorkeling a couple of weeks ago in Aruba. Anybody snorkel there and see the "Antilla" wreck? Its a 60' dive. It was pretty cool from my snorkeling perspective, could only imagine diving down to it...

I got certified last year in Aruba with that site being the last dive. It's a different feeling diving on that one. The year before I just snorkeled it with my girlfriend and dove it last year. I'm not sure how it was for you when you just saw it, but when your on the surface it is very hit or miss with the fish. Down below I saw a lot more, not just because i could go deeper but it was just more enjoyable. When you get to max depth (only 55') you can still see everything on the surface. The people down there are nice as hell if you end up going back to Aruba and get certified down there.

Coming from NJ and going for scuba diving you'd think everyone could swim, but in our cert class of 7 or 8 there were two people that couldn't swim for shit. Because of that we missed out on one dive that was supposed to be of downed WWII plane. If you take the test up in Jersey and just do your dives down there it's a lot of fun. Going back to Aruba in April for my honeymoon and plan on getting a bunch of dives in.

JimmyD

forum member
Reaction score
I got certified last year in Aruba with that site being the last dive. It's a different feeling diving on that one. The year before I just snorkeled it with my girlfriend and dove it last year. I'm not sure how it was for you when you just saw it, but when your on the surface it is very hit or miss with the fish. Down below I saw a lot more, not just because i could go deeper but it was just more enjoyable. When you get to max depth (only 55') you can still see everything on the surface. The people down there are nice as hell if you end up going back to Aruba and get certified down there.

Coming from NJ and going for scuba diving you'd think everyone could swim, but in our cert class of 7 or 8 there were two people that couldn't swim for shit. Because of that we missed out on one dive that was supposed to be of downed WWII plane. If you take the test up in Jersey and just do your dives down there it's a lot of fun. Going back to Aruba in April for my honeymoon and plan on getting a bunch of dives in.

I was on my honeymoon too, Dec 8th- 13th, a few weeks ago, stayed at the Riu. When I snorkled the Antilla, I could see very clearly. It was awesome, I could only imagine diving to it!

n0nleft13

forum member
Reaction score
I was on my honeymoon too, Dec 8th- 13th, a few weeks ago, stayed at the Riu. When I snorkled the Antilla, I could see very clearly. It was awesome, I could only imagine diving to it!

It was nice, my girl told me earlier today when I brought this post up was that apparently the dive master said that sometimes a whale comes by the wreck. No one saw it that day though.

Dave@StreetCar1320

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Haven't been in the dry suit in years, but a lot of good times out on the boat over the years. I got certified in the north atlantic when I was 11 or 12. Can't even remember it was so long ago but I always remember the cold! I get insanely sea sick too. The patch was my best friend. That and a gallon or 2 of gatorade after throwing up all day long. But it was some of the best times ever spent hanging out with my dad, when I wasn't puking my guts up.

Never dove anywhere but out of Long Beach Island. Some awesome wrecks out here. Definitely met one of those big ass fish one time too on the rock pile. Never did like sharks after that but definitely a cool fish story.

I tried diving in Aruba one year when I was 12 or 13 but they said I was too young and didn't care that I had my cert and log book with me. Water was awesome. Wish they would have let me go.

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I've been diving for 10 years or so. The Flower Gardens, off the coast of Galveston, is pretty good. Cozumel, too.

And I've watched guys dive at work. We have a little 6 million gallon pool here. :clap:

The woman went diving one time several years at the gardens.... the same time a hurricane was in the gulf. I giggled my ass off for days over that.

We went to Roatan a couple of years back and there is some nice diving there too. A big ass V shaped wall to dive off of.

Fastmover

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
I have my basic, advance and Nitrox. I logged over 300 dives in 2 years in Pensacola! Including a dive on the USS Oriskiany after she got put down. AWESOME!

Jarrod@latemodelresto

Official Vendor
Reaction score
SSI Open Water Diver, Advanced Open Water Diver, Enriched Air Nitrox and Deep Diver.

I love to dive. When i lived in Panama City beach we would head to the jetties after work 3-4 days a week and do some 30-60 ft dives. I went on one cave dive and i loved every minute of it. I have logged over 300 dives from 06-now. Been all over Florida. I would have to say that Thunderbolt Wreck, in Marathon Florida was one of my fav. dives. About 130-140 ft. deep.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back