Does anyone know what part this is on an S197?

kona_302R

Reaction score
Hello everyone, ever since I got my 2011 GT I have been wondering what this plastic/metal box was on the underside of my car, right below the spare wheel well (pic related) Anyways I was wondering if I could replace it with a less bulky cover because it protrudes into view with the aftermarket bumper I have. I believe the second picture of the red car is a 2005-2009 mustang, and I believe this might be the fix. Any help is appreciated.

https://imgur.com/a/Ib9gNV7

Dino Dino Bambino

I have a red car
Reaction score
That's the protective shield for the array of fuel evaporative system hoses/canisters that purge/trap vapors to prevent them from venting into the atmosphere.

Mustang Terlingua

Reaction score
Only an Engineer & the Gov come up with this bright idea ! I had an '05 GT Y'all, couldn't fill it very fast or should I say at a trickle to fill the gas tank !

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
I purchased a charcoal canister from a 2013 off ebay. I removed that "wart" on the bottom, and mounted the 13 canister next to the left rail. The connector for the solenoid is identical and plugs righ in. My evap passes all obd tests, and have not had any issues filling up.

Dino Dino Bambino

I have a red car
Reaction score
I purchased a charcoal canister from a 2013 off ebay. I removed that "wart" on the bottom, and mounted the 13 canister next to the left rail. The connector for the solenoid is identical and plugs righ in. My evap passes all obd tests, and have not had any issues filling up.

Some pictures please!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back