Double header cam swap at Greg's today!

2L8IWON

forum member
Reaction score
What, you guys affraid of garden hoses, ft lb torque wrenches and old cam phaser bolts?

2L8IWON

forum member
Reaction score
HUGE thanks go out to Greg, Jeremy (the cam professor), Luke and Chris for all the hard work and effort today. Car sounds great but sadly makes me long for long tubes, no pun intended.

Vbshelbygt

Doug's Speed Shop
Reaction score
HUGE thanks go out to Greg, Jeremy (the cam professor), Luke and Chris for all the hard work and effort today. Car sounds great but sadly makes me long for long tubes, no pun intended.

Nice car enjoyed talking to all of you. So did you get both of them done? Some nice cars for sure.

LAllison20

forum member
Reaction score
cams

Looking foward to some dry roads! Thanks to you guys, and the wives for putting up with it. Jesse, LT's are worth it.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Nice car enjoyed talking to all of you. So did you get both of them done? Some nice cars for sure.

We did! Long day but succesful; 2 cars came in and 2 cars left under their own power and no CEL's.

Let us know if you want to do them, I think this is the 5th cam swap we have done.

2L8IWON

forum member
Reaction score
Looking foward to some dry roads! Thanks to you guys, and the wives for putting up with it. Jesse, LT's are worth it.

Luke,I know it's worth it... I just need the chedda. HOWEVER when the time comes, it may be this week, can you help me install them?

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
LOL..easy Ray...he is a virgin and need to take the baby steps to break him in! He was like a cat on a hot tin roof yesterday with the cams, I could not imagine him doing a FI install...YIKES!

2L8IWON

forum member
Reaction score
That's more like it! Gears and some giggle juice... this new house is killing my funds! But it is all worth it, or so I'm being told ;)

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Interested to hear who the gear guy is..since he is the best....I know of 2 people in the area I would trust with a gear install.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
We need pics guys lol. My back was sore as hell the next morning from hunching over in the engine bays lol, then going to the gym didnt help at all haha!

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.....

This coming from the guy who got there late and bailed early?????????

LOL!

rayS197

Reaction score
Just had mine done two weeks ago. I took it to Ricks Car Care. Dave installed them. I thought it was fun with the blower. The gears made it a different animal

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Good choice of installers, he is one of the two people I would trust.

Aandf1978

M90 SUPPORTER!!
Reaction score
Wow!! Didn't know there were cam pros here in VA B. Maybe I will jump at those cams, I'll have to find out when the next install party is going on!! With the cams, any suggestions, not looking for a rough idler, just some more rwhp.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back