Drag racer headed to Sebring!

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
New BC coilovers will be here on Wednesday!

So now I'm deciding on which brakes.......considering I really don't want to change pads at the track AND ill be in the beginner class, I doubt ill be pushing the car to the max....

Hawk hps or hp plus......or will I be able to drive to the track 1.5 hr away with dtc70/60?

I plan to get new rotors, just some stockers. Already have SS lines and new blue fluid.

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
Picked up my rotors today...

What would be a good compromise on pads that I could still run on the street? Considering I won't track the car more than a few times a year, track only pads would probably be a waste.

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
null_zps3c4393b0.jpg

Picked up my new helmet!

Also grabbed some dtc-60 rear pads...found them for a good deal....almost ready now, need front pads and 2 new tires!

SoundGuyDave

This Space For Rent
Reaction score
Assuming you have a 14" rotor kit up front, go with DTC-60 all the way around. It's not really a matter of "track pads would be a waste," so much as it is keeping the brakes under the car. DTC-60s have the heat resistance to survive, and running them on all four corners keeps brake bias out of the equation.

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
I have stock GT brakes up front and rear.

I'm also debating some brake cooling hoses, my bumper (GT500) already has the front ducts, so it's just a matter of hose , clamps and welding some ducts to the dust shields.

Where is a good place to get the hose?

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
Offered up " best offer" for some dtc-60 fronts and they took it! So looks like I'm doing dtc-60's all around.

Sharad

Site Sponsor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Here's me being Jelly. (I now have to work all weekend) Anyway, love the Turn 7 pic. I had some fun times there!!

cop on my back

forum member
Reaction score
Yea no kidding, I am waiting for some thoughts on this. I know how fun it is over drag racing. I have never gone back to that boring straight line stuff after one track day experience.

Vorshlag-Fair

Official Site Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Videos look great! And sound great... MMMmmm, motor sounds very nice. If you can get an external mic for your vidcam, mount it inside the cabin and it will pick up less wind noise. Then we can hear dat motor...

Glad you could pick up some track worthy brake pads - not having those would have likely shortened your race weekend. They will drive you bonkers on the street, though. SCREEEEE! hehehe...

As for the tire wear, I assume the outside shoulders on the fronts are chewed up a bit? Wanna post some pics?

image.php

The picture above (nice shot, loaded at corner entry) shows that the car might be losing some camber on the outside tire under load (aka: dynamically; also totally normal), so it might benefit for more static front negative camber. What alignment settings do you have, if you know them off hand? (if they are buried in this thread please forgive my ignorance)

I love seeing drag racers get hooked on "driving" motorsports. I drag raced in high school and thought "yep, this is IT!" then... I rode in an autocross with somebody when I was 17, and took a few fun runs. And was hooked. Shortly after I got to college I entered in a time trial event on track. I was RUINED. Needle in the vein, I'm an addict for life... Sure, I still drag race, but only to test power levels for my track cars. :D

:beer:

TheKurgan

forum member
Reaction score
Damn that was a close call on the second vid lol. Lines looked pretty good up until then. I've missed Sebring for the last 2 years...hoping to make it back next year.

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
i learned pretty fast i had the wrong tires for my power/experiance....ive got another video im saving for later....

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back