Drag racer headed to Sebring!

a50cobra

forum member
Reaction score
one eyed willy,
Although I didn't get to meet you in person, I did see your ride in the garage area. They had us running around back and forth from the track and classroom. I was parked way out back and never got around to meeting many people. And I felt funny asking for "one eyed willy" in the classroom...lol. Glad you had fun though! I am sure we will cross paths again soon.
Here's my video of the weekend posted with your blessing.

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
yes, running between the track and classroom was stressful! I had a power steering leak so i had to miss a session to fix that because of the classroom time....my first instructor had a family emergency, so i only got 1 real session on saturday and the parade laps.still had a blast!

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
Videos look great! And sound great... MMMmmm, motor sounds very nice. If you can get an external mic for your vidcam, mount it inside the cabin and it will pick up less wind noise. Then we can hear dat motor...

Glad you could pick up some track worthy brake pads - not having those would have likely shortened your race weekend. They will drive you bonkers on the street, though. SCREEEEE! hehehe...

As for the tire wear, I assume the outside shoulders on the fronts are chewed up a bit? Wanna post some pics?

image.php

The picture above (nice shot, loaded at corner entry) shows that the car might be losing some camber on the outside tire under load (aka: dynamically; also totally normal), so it might benefit for more static front negative camber. What alignment settings do you have, if you know them off hand? (if they are buried in this thread please forgive my ignorance)

I love seeing drag racers get hooked on "driving" motorsports. I drag raced in high school and thought "yep, this is IT!" then... I rode in an autocross with somebody when I was 17, and took a few fun runs. And was hooked. Shortly after I got to college I entered in a time trial event on track. I was RUINED. Needle in the vein, I'm an addict for life... Sure, I still drag race, but only to test power levels for my track cars. :D

:beer:

yes, i didnt realize the mic was so sensitive, in the future im going to do a mount between the seats or tape off the mic. i wasnt happy with the tires, all weekend i felt on the edge of loosing control.....which i did a few times....i ended up with the wrong size wheels, and my car just over powered the tires unless i was super careful...which is real hard to do when you have others in a pak and you want to keep up or not fall behind.

fastduo

forum member
Reaction score
I was there also with my Blue Saleen in the instructors/advanced group. Glad you had fun. It was an awsome event. Dell and Jeff from Trackguys, inc do a fantastic job running a safe and fun event.

Rene'

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
Little update.....car will be back in one piece again very soon!

null_zpsf155c820.jpg

null_zpsaee38e29.jpg

null_zpsf283697f.jpg

null_zpsd9f24974.jpg

null_zps68340ee3.jpg

null_zpsd7494bc5.jpg

null_zps1bf62145.jpg

null_zps03345dc7.jpg

null_zps4f88ecfc.jpg

null_zpsdf8d27d7.jpg

null_zps4f0bafe1.jpg

null_zps2db05cba.jpg

null_zps916d5bde.jpg

null_zpscd28b303.jpg

null_zps692cf099.jpg

Car comes home tomorrow, Jim will wetsand, buff and polish over the next two weekends.

frank s

at Play
Reaction score
I know black is the fastest color; now I'm wondering if you don't think the gold part will slow down the middle of the car and cause it to break apart?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back