F150 is gone and picked up a 2011 F350

s8v4o

forum member
Reaction score
Loving it so far! Now I need to save up forcan extended warranty. 3k for a 4 year 60,000 mile warranty. ....ouch!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Don't fret Kimmer, your truck has a 5yr 100K powertrain warranty.

Pretty sure Ford recommends new fuel filters every 10k miles on the 6.7.

Oh, and do yourself a favor, ONLY USE Ford / Motorcraft filters on a Ford diesel ... I've seen so many aftermarket fuel filters cause issues when I was a Service Advisor ...

They're expensive for a good reason ... repairs on these trucks are NOT cheap!

My owners manual shows recommended fuel filter change at intervals of 22,500 miles for normal usage and 15,000 miles for special operating conditions.

Oil changes are recommended every 10,000 miles or whenever the computer tells you to change it. So far the computer seems to reflect this on my truck.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Don't fret Kimmer, your truck has a 5yr 100K powertrain warranty.

My owners manual shows recommended fuel filter change at intervals of 22,500 miles for normal usage and 15,000 miles for special operating conditions.

Oil changes are recommended every 10,000 miles or whenever the computer tells you to change it. So far the computer seems to reflect this on my truck.

The diesels have a "Diesel-engine-component" warranty of 5yr/100k mi, not a powertrain warranty.

Powertrain includes engine, transmission, driveshaft(s), rear diff, wheel bearings, u-joints, and I think some other things.

As far as those fuel filters, knowing Ford's history with their recent diesels, I'd highly recommend the severe-duty maintenance schedule.

s8v4o

forum member
Reaction score
The diesels have a "Diesel-engine-component" warranty of 5yr/100k mi, not a powertrain warranty.

Powertrain includes engine, transmission, driveshaft(s), rear diff, wheel bearings, u-joints, and I think some other things.

As far as those fuel filters, knowing Ford's history with their recent diesels, I'd highly recommend the severe-duty maintenance schedule.

Straight from ford...

http://www.ford.com/trucks/superduty/2013/warranty/

We're both wrong and both right. Ford says the engine has a 100k warranty, but a 60k powertrain warranty.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Straight from ford...

http://www.ford.com/trucks/superduty/2013/warranty/

We're both wrong and both right. Ford says the engine has a 100k warranty, but a 60k powertrain warranty.

Yeah, they went to a 5/60 powertrain warranty starting with the 2007 model-year cars/trucks.

Diesel-component warranty stayed at 5/100, but doesn't include the transmission, rear-end, driveshaft, etc.

KIMMER

Admin
Reaction score
Yeah, I wasn't sure what the hell it has for a warranty...LOL I see 100k on the site, then when I looked at the old window sticker, it only showed bumper to bumper 36k and the powertrain 60k warranty, so I figured there was no warranty. I'd like to not buy one, but being the first year of the 6.7, I don't want to risk it. So far, I LOVE THIS TRUCK!! Absolute beast and seems to average 17mpg. I put some molded mud flaps on it front and rear (the small black ones) and added some husky liner weather beater floor mats in the front and rear. Only thing I have left to get is a reusable air filter, navigation unit and back up camera. Gotta save up some pennies first!

KIMMER

Admin
Reaction score
Think I'm finally going to leave a vehicle stock...lol. When the tires wear out I'll go to a toyo at2 but other than that, I'll add nav and back up camera and tint. I need this thing to last the next 10 years.

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Think I'm finally going to leave a vehicle stock...lol. When the tires wear out I'll go to a toyo at2 but other than that, I'll add nav and back up camera and tint. I need this thing to last the next 10 years.

So far all I've done to mine is a spray in bed liner, Combo transfer fuel tank tool box, Kenwood navi head unit, HID head lights and I put foglights on it as I got an XLT and it didn't come with the fog lights. In the future I want to put the snow performance meth kit on it for better mileage and that's about it. It's my winter DD and tow rig and I want it to last longet then 10 years. No power mods for me.

08StangGT_CS

forum member
Reaction score
I think I'm staying away from performance mods on mine as well (maybe).

So far I've only gotten a Rigid Industries 30" light bar that I'll be mounting on a Randy Ellis Design light bar.

I'll get some more aggressive tires when the stockers wear out. I'm still on the fence about wheels and maybe a leveling kit.

Does the meth kit require tuning?

PS. I kinda really really want a train horn with Nathan chimes on it.

Last edited:

KIMMER

Admin
Reaction score
Zman what kenwood unit did you get and any issues with it? Seems like a lot of mixed reviews on the kenwoods but you can use sync with the kenwoods. Will the meth kit void warranty?

KIMMER

Admin
Reaction score
Lol I know. Thays why its staying as stock as it has too with a warranty.

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The meth kit isn't suppose to void the warranty and it doesn't require tuning. I have the DNX 6960 I think or an equivalent. Has worked great for me but I don't have sync in my truck.
On a side note, yesterday my truck was surging for a little bit while I was going 25 mph on post. Then today while driving the boost gauge went to 39# and just stayed there. When I got to where I was going I turned it off then back on and the engine light came on. It also sounded funny under load too. I know that it isn't the gauge itself because on start up it does the normal start up sweep test it functions just fine. I have 46K on it so the engine and turbos are still covered.

KIMMER

Admin
Reaction score
I know they have replaced the egr on mine, intake manifold gasket and reprogrammed the computer twice. At least that's what showed up on carfax.

Shaggy

Head PooBaa of the Asylum
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Well I ended up selling my 2010 F150 to a buddy of mine and spent a week looking for a replacement truck. I listened to you guys about the 6.4 trucks and found a 2011 F350 4x4 Crew Cab Lariat with 78k miles. Got it for about 9k under book so I was happy. Now I have to save up for an extended warranty because I definitely don't want to have to pay to have work done on that thing! Tuxedo black with Gold two tone and tan leather. Loving that 6.7 diesel! I averaged 17.8mpg, on the trip back from Iowa where I bought, it in pretty good winds.

20130504_145257_zps91bb9b53.jpg

Looks brand new. Nice pick for $9k below book. You pick it up at a dealer or owner?

I love the lariat look. They just have a nice mean stance/look to them.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back