'96 F250 PowerStroke Build (Another Ridiculous Build Thread Provided by Cam)

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Yep. Has it all. Original owner and 2nd owner are friends. Original owner custom ordered the truck and it will come with the original order sheet and purchase order as well.

42434bb8daa764934fc965fbc34d2efc.jpg

Now I'm itching to find one for me. I may end up just looking at a F-350 Crew Cab Long Bed, since the nice F250 short bed crew trucks are few and far between for nice ones.

Last edited:

Deez-67

forum member
Reaction score
Yep. Has it all. Original owner and 2nd owner are friends. Original owner custom ordered the truck and it will come with the original order sheet and purchase order as well.

42434bb8daa764934fc965fbc34d2efc.jpg

Now I'm itching to find one for me. I may end up just looking at a F-350 Crew Cab Long Bed, since the nice F250 short bed crew trucks are few and far between for nice ones.

Super clean truck.

Don't get in a rush on finding that Crew Cab... you know how it as soon as you compromise on something the one you really want will show up. lol

Deez-67

forum member
Reaction score
Last edited:

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
That is pretty awesome and documented to the hilt! I don't think I have that many records on any of the trucks at work!

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Super clean truck.

Don't get in a rush on finding that Crew Cab... you know how it as soon as you compromise on something the one you really want will show up. lol

I know, I keep seeing some that don't fit exactly what I want and I see the project aspect of it which would be nice but afraid I'll pull the trigger and then another one will pop up. I do like that red one you posted.... Lol

That is pretty awesome and documented to the hilt! I don't think I have that many records on any of the trucks at work!

Haha yeah we were both pleasantly surprised to find this one. We should be finishing up everything in the next day or so and then the truck is expected to get picked up on Thursday and making its 2300 mile journey to its new home! So excited and it ain't even mine. Lol

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Ran into a little bit of a hiccup today regarding getting the F350 transported back... it will not fit on the car carrier with the grandpa camper top. The seller and I are posting it to Craigslist for free in hopes that someone will take it off our hands fast. So, if anyone knows anyone in San Jose, CA who wants a free 8' bed obs top... let me know!

AndrewNagle

forum member
Reaction score
Ran into a little bit of a hiccup today regarding getting the F350 transported back... it will not fit on the car carrier with the grandpa camper top. The seller and I are posting it to Craigslist for free in hopes that someone will take it off our hands fast. So, if anyone knows anyone in San Jose, CA who wants a free 8' bed obs top... let me know!

Can goodwill or habitat for humanity go get it?

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Not sure how that works. The guy would have been happy to simply toss it off the truck immediately so we could have gotten this wrapped up tonight, but it's way too heavy and the truck driver was completely illiterate from the sound of it. It's unfortunate because one of my mechanics owns a OBS single cab that is identical to this truck and I wanted to offer him the cap as I think he could get some use out of it.

Last edited:

Shotokan1509

forum member
Reaction score
Does it have enough taper that if dismounted and flip it upside down it would sit lower because the stepup is below the bedrail?

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
Does it have enough taper that if dismounted and flip it upside down it would sit lower because the stepup is below the bedrail?

My Cousin did that with his cap when the hardware holding it onto the bed snapped on him. It sat down far enough that could get some rope to go over it lol.

Shotokan1509

forum member
Reaction score
My Cousin did that with his cap when the hardware holding it onto the bed snapped on him. It sat down far enough that could get some rope to go over it lol.

I've only had one truck with cap and that was 4 big eye-bolts through the bed rail, wasn't going anywhere. Seems others use clamps, and I'll consider clamps if I find one for new truck (something like a leer 100xq, roof height color matched, preferably with the aero style windows)

Last edited:

ksack

forum member
Reaction score

I imagine the carrier has some stupid policy about loose parts for liability reasons

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Truck is on the way as of last night.

c70db0fe2b0fbd8a3bf196d3017cf22e.jpg

I instructed the seller to send me all paperwork via mail because I didn't trust it in the truck. We got it today and to say we are excited is a HUGE understatement.

This owner kept track of everything. we have the original order form from the dealer, all warranty contracts, all thank you letters from the dealer, delivery checklist, dealer supplements, all repair orders..... And the list goes on.

147339bba1d8e27bc62448ceb636a4e4.jpg

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Just an update. Her truck will be arriving today.

And as far as my truck search, I think I'm going to hold off on an older truck and buy a remaining 2016 Super Duty.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
If you need a good dealership referral let me know :clap:

Just an update. Her truck will be arriving today.

And as far as my truck search, I think I'm going to hold off on an older truck and buy a remaining 2016 Super Duty.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back