Feelin' Accomplished

TheKid

Reaction score
As above, Feelin' Accomplished

Friday -
Fix TSB 06-5-4 or the freezing brake cables ... I was goin to a friends house to work on his 88 ranger so i could borrow his lift for 30 mins throw em on be done ... simple right? yep ... just gettin' to the lift turned out to be hell - 20 degree morning meant brake cables frozen - tried heating em with two small ceramic heaters once i got it in the garage for an hour nothing, 2 hours nothing - ended up pullin both wheels off unhookin' them and leaving (looking back that should have been the first idea but ya live and learn i guess). Got there got that fixed.

Next, i had plan'd on orderin' an axle-back ... so i needed to get one side off that had been spot welded in one spot on one side about 2 inches long since i had it on the lift ... that one weld was on absolute bitch to get cut/broken b/c of where it was at ... but got that problem solved.

Finally, got his truck ready for his new 306 and auto to go in; after 8 hours and not a single break we had it runnin' even got to take a quick spin in at 1 am.

Saturday ...

Paid off my car ... not bad i dont think since ive only had it for 9 months.

Hand Wash/Mequier's NXT 2.0/Quick Detailer and detailed inside.

Finally, Ordered My FRPP Stingers ... after lookin through my flowmaster friday while i had them off ... i discovered all the baffling was rusted out ... I needed em so why not haha?

Then back to my friend's house where we fab'd up his exhuast on his ranger from the headers back ... complete with 2.5 in pipe electric cutouts and a pair flow 40's.

Sunday ...
Enjoyed the last warm day we were supposed have in this area before it turns back to rain/snow and 35 degree weather so i cruised in my paid-off 2005 GT all nice and clean with my friend in his 88 ranger ... if only it had those frpp stingers to make it that much better lol

I know it doesnt compare to some on this site but i feel good about it bc between college, work, and all the other shit i dont get alot of weekends like this plus it was above freezing at a nice 58 degrees without rain or snow for the first time in like two months ... so it was just a great weekend

So what did you do this past weekend?

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I spent the past weekend prepping my friends new front fenders, front bumper and hood from his 98 mustang for paint. He had a minor mishap with some guard wires a couple weeks ago.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Dont you love that feeling! Just for reference you dont have to pull the tires to disconnect the ebrake ends. I did it on a jack used a screw driver to pull the retaining clip and then just reached up and popped it out so i could get to work one morning last winter.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back